View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saundersx
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:47 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] x11vnc ignores shift Reply with quote

Recently x11vnc stopped accepting shift, meaning I could get 'a' but not 'A', also '!' was now '1'. Using vnc from both another gentoo install (tigervnc) and on android had the same result. Strangely enough control still works so I can control-c out of stuff.

The command is
Code:
x11vnc -nonc -noxrecord -noxdamage -noxinerama -display WAIT:0 -forever -loop -nobell -nocursor -passwd password -q -rfbport 5900
and I have toggled pretty much every command with no change. The one thing that did change recently is I moved to GGC8 and recompiled everything for good measure. There was also a sizeable python update recently too. Toggling -modtweak and -xkb also have no affect.
Saundersx
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new ebuild x11vnc-0.9.16-r1.ebuild added --without-xkeyboard to the econf, removing that and recompiling fixed it.
Perdignus
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saundersx wrote:
The new ebuild x11vnc-0.9.16-r1.ebuild added --without-xkeyboard to the econf, removing that and recompiling fixed it.

I was also having this issue and I see the "-without-xkeyboard " line is still in both x11vnc-0.9.16-r2 & x11vnc-0.9.16-r3 ebuild files. Wouldn't this cause an issue for everyone using the package? It certainly was a problem for me.

Thanks for figuring out the fix Saundersx.

Perdignus.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: