View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ali3nx
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:46 am    Post subject: x2goserver and openssh-8.0_p1 sftp-server not found Reply with quote

Here's a Cropped Screenshot of the x2goclient error message popup.

Anyone able or willing to test and reproduce this issue?

Currently using amd64/17.1/systemd but i suspect that may not matter a lot.

So far i've tested and reproduced this on two different servers using the same Gentoo workstation/laptop with similar build specifications.

Both remote systems currently using openssh 8.0_p1 sshd_config is correct and i've verified the $PATH environment is correct on both remote systems.

On both systems the sftp-server binary definitely exists in /usr/lib64/misc/

Curiously as long as that inviting "OK" button is not pressed x2go client will not crash..

I've also tested both currently available versions of x2goserver revealing the same results.
Compile long and Prosper!
Hu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say you checked $PATH, but the screenshot fails to state what $PATH it searched. Perhaps x2go is running with an incorrect / incomplete path. If you dump the environment for that process, what $PATH does it use? Is that the correct $PATH?

My first guess based on the limited information would be that it is not handling well the split between lib / lib64.
ali3nx
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My first guess based on the limited information would be that it is not handling well the split between lib / lib64.

I agree this is possible.

Ok so logged into server #1 using a root ssh key.

This system owner sets the root shell to app-shells/fish because preferences so not sure if that has any bearing on the root user environment but it does seem anomalous because after i logged in again and spawned a bash shell simply by typing "bash" i checked env and it was obviously missing some environment variables.

Code:
COLORTERM=truecolor
XDG_SESSION_ID=c64
USER=root
PWD=/root
HOME=/root
SSH_CLIENT=x.x.x.x
XDG_SESSION_TYPE=tty
SSH_TTY=/dev/pts/0
MAIL=/var/mail/root
TERM=xterm-256color
SHELL=/bin/fish
XDG_SESSION_CLASS=user
SHLVL=2
LANGUAGE=
LOGNAME=root
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:path=/run/user/0/bus
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/0
PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
OMF_PATH=/root/.local/share/omf
OMF_CONFIG=/root/.config/omf
_=/usr/bin/env

Lets check the root user shell session $PATH?

Code:
gentoo ~ # echo $PATH
/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin

Thats clearly not right...

Code:
gentoo ~ # source /etc/profile
gentoo ~ # echo $PATH
/usr/lib/llvm/8/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/opt/bin

Code:
~~~snip~~~
LESS=-R -M --shift 5
OPENGL_PROFILE=xorg-x11
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK=/etc/sandbox.d /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/gconf /etc/terminfo /etc/dconf /etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/revdep-rebuild
EDITOR=/bin/nano
COLORTERM=truecolor
GCC_SPECS=
XDG_SESSION_ID=c64
USER=root
PAGER=/usr/bin/less
PWD=/root
MANPAGER=manpager
HOME=/root
SSH_CLIENT=x.x.x.x
XDG_SESSION_TYPE=tty
GSETTINGS_BACKEND=dconf
XDG_DATA_DIRS=/usr/local/share:/usr/share
SSH_TTY=/dev/pts/0
MAIL=/var/mail/root
CONFIG_PROTECT=/usr/share/gnupg/qualified.txt /usr/share/config
TERM=xterm-256color
SHELL=/bin/fish
XDG_SESSION_CLASS=user
OPENCL_PROFILE=ocl-icd
SHLVL=2
LANGUAGE=
MANPATH=/usr/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/9.2.0/man:/usr/share/binutils-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/2.32/man:/usr/lib/llvm/8/share/man:/usr/local/share/man:/usr/share/man
LOGNAME=root
XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/etc/xdg
PATH=/usr/lib/llvm/8/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/opt/bin
OMF_PATH=/root/.local/share/omf
INFOPATH=/usr/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/9.2.0/info:/usr/share/binutils-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/2.32/info:/usr/share/info
OMF_CONFIG=/root/.config/omf
LESSOPEN=|lesspipe %s
_=/usr/bin/env

This system is a newer install i admit but my own gentoo nas server on my local network reproduces the sftp-server not found warning when i try logging in with x2gclient and i never use another shell besides bash. I'm boring i guess :)

Quote:
If you dump the environment for that process, what $PATH does it use? Is that the correct $PATH?

I could do this with the newer system (x2goserver doesn't work properly with non xorg opengl and my own server has an nvdia gpu with nvidia opengl currently active) but i'm not clear on the necessary procedure.

The curious consideration is x2go logs in and kdesession stays active and works without issues on server #1 as long as i don't push that inviting "OK" button in the UI popup warning. Push that "OK" and the entire x2go client crashes.

sshd_config defines the path to the sftp-server binary and that is correct on both systems and my laptop. Wether that matters to x2goclient i'm not aware.

For an experiment i did try editing the global $PATH by adding /usr/lib64/misc to the base system $PATH and $ROOTPATH in /etc/env/50baselayout then reloading /etc/profile and that made no difference. warning popup still presented on server #1

for comparison perspective here's the root user env on my own server after logging in with root user ssh key This install was started perhaps a year or more ago.

Code:

DISTCC_SSH=
QT_GRAPHICSSYSTEM=raster
DISTCC_SAVE_TEMPS=0
LESS=-R -M --shift 5
OPENGL_PROFILE=nvidia
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK=/etc/sandbox.d /etc/php/cli-php7.3/ext-active/ /etc/php/cgi-php7.3/ext-active/ /etc/php/apache2-php7.3/ext-active/ /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/gconf /etc/terminfo /etc/dconf /etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/revdep-rebuild
EDITOR=/bin/nano
COLORTERM=truecolor
JAVA_HOME=/etc/java-config-2/current-system-vm
GCC_SPECS=
XDG_SESSION_ID=c155
VBOX_APP_HOME=/usr/lib64/virtualbox
USER=root
PAGER=/usr/bin/less
PWD=/root
MANPAGER=manpager
HOME=/root
SSH_CLIENT=192.168.1.204 46906 22
DCC_EMAILLOG_WHOM_TO_BLAME=
XDG_SESSION_TYPE=tty
GSETTINGS_BACKEND=dconf
UNCACHED_ERR_FD=
XDG_DATA_DIRS=/usr/local/share:/usr/share
JDK_HOME=/etc/java-config-2/current-system-vm
SSH_TTY=/dev/pts/2
MAIL=/var/mail/root
DISTCC_ENABLE_DISCREPANCY_EMAIL=
CONFIG_PROTECT=/var/bind /usr/share/gnupg/qualified.txt /usr/share/config
TERM=xterm-256color
SHELL=/bin/bash
XDG_SESSION_CLASS=user
JAVAC=/etc/java-config-2/current-system-vm/bin/javac
OPENCL_PROFILE=nvidia
SHLVL=1
LANGUAGE=
DISTCC_FALLBACK=1
MANPATH=/etc/java-config-2/current-system-vm/man:/usr/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/9.2.0/man:/usr/share/binutils-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/2.32/man:/usr/lib/llvm/8/share/man:/etc/java-config-2/current-system-vm/man/:/usr/lib64/php7.3/man/:/usr/local/share/man:/usr/share/man
LOGNAME=root
ANT_HOME=/usr/share/ant
XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/etc/xdg
PATH=/usr/lib/llvm/8/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/opt/bin:/usr/lib64/subversion/bin:/opt/cuda/bin
DISTCC_VERBOSE=0
INFOPATH=/usr/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/9.2.0/info:/usr/share/binutils-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/2.32/info:/usr/share/info
DISTCC_TCP_CORK=
LESSOPEN=|lesspipe %s
_=/usr/bin/env

server#1 emerge --info

Code:
gentoo ~ # emerge --info
Portage 2.3.79 (python 3.6.9-final-0, default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/plasma/systemd, gcc-9.2.0, glibc-2.29-r2, 4.19.86-gentoo x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-4.19.86-gentoo-x86_64-Intel-R-_Core-TM-_i9-9900K_CPU_@_3.60GHz-with-gentoo-2.6
KiB Mem:    32867060 total,  11160384 free
KiB Swap:   16777212 total,  16777212 free
Timestamp of repository gentoo: Wed, 04 Dec 2019 19:45:01 +0000
Head commit of repository gentoo: b63a899c3b3ebcc22add46e7d8d9887d3a84a2f9
Head commit of repository plex-overlay: 975a160e868935c7d5a73d15189aa1c11ec9284f

Head commit of repository usenet-overlay: 7aae99583edc1f4951f4c7feb0314943c32056d6

sh bash 4.4_p23-r1
ld GNU ld (Gentoo 2.32 p2) 2.32.0
app-shells/bash:          4.4_p23-r1::gentoo
dev-lang/perl:            5.28.2-r1::gentoo
dev-lang/python:          2.7.16::gentoo, 3.6.9::gentoo
dev-util/cmake:           3.14.6::gentoo
sys-apps/baselayout:      2.6-r1::gentoo
sys-apps/sandbox:         2.13::gentoo
sys-devel/autoconf:       2.13-r1::gentoo, 2.69-r4::gentoo
sys-devel/automake:       1.16.1-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/binutils:       2.32-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc:            9.2.0-r2::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc-config:     2.1::gentoo
sys-devel/libtool:        2.4.6-r3::gentoo
sys-devel/make:           4.2.1-r4::gentoo
sys-kernel/linux-headers: 4.19::gentoo (virtual/os-headers)
sys-libs/glibc:           2.29-r2::gentoo
Repositories:

gentoo
    sync-type: rsync
    sync-uri: rsync://rsync.us.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage
    priority: -1000
    sync-rsync-verify-max-age: 24
    sync-rsync-extra-opts:
    sync-rsync-verify-jobs: 1
    sync-rsync-verify-metamanifest: no

plex-overlay
    sync-type: git
    sync-uri: https://github.com/comio/plex-overlay
    masters: gentoo

usenet-overlay
    sync-uri: https://github.com/xartin/gentoo-overlay

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="*"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/config /usr/share/gnupg/qualified.txt"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/dconf /etc/env.d /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/var/cache/distfiles"
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--with-bdeps y --complete-graph y"
ENV_UNSET="DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS DISPLAY GOBIN PERL5LIB PERL5OPT PERLPREFIX PERL_CORE PERL_MB_OPT PERL_MM_OPT XAUTHORITY XDG_CACHE_HOME XDG_CONFIG_HOME XDG_DATA_HOME XDG_RUNTIME_DIR"
FCFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-docompress binpkg-dostrip binpkg-logs candy config-protect-if-modified distlocks ebuild-locks fixlafiles ipc-sandbox merge-sync multilib-strict network-sandbox news parallel-fetch pid-sandbox protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch userpriv usersandbox usersync xattr"
FFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
LINGUAS="en"
MAKEOPTS="-j4"
PKGDIR="/var/cache/binpkgs"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --omit-dir-times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --human-readable --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --exclude=/.git"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
USE="10bit 12bit 7z 7zip X a52 aac aacplus aacs acl acpi activities aio alsa amd64 bdplus berkdb bluetooth bluray branding bzip2 cairo caps cdda cdr cgroup-hybrid clang cli conntrack corefonts cpudetection cracklib crypt cryptsetup cups custom-cflags cxx dbus declarative device-mapper dns-over-tls dnssec dri dts dvd dvdr emboss encode exif fam flac fontconfig fortran gdbm gif gpm gtk iconv icu idn inotify iproute2 ipv6 ithreads javafx jpeg jpeg2k json kde kipi kwallet lame lcms ldap libevent libkms libnotify libtirpc lm-sensors lm_sensors lrz luajit lz4 lzma lzo mad matroska mdnsresponder-compat mng modern-top mp3 mp4 mpeg mpi mpi-threads multilib nat ncurses netlink nls nptl ogg opengl openmp openssl opus osmesa pam pango pcre pdf phonon pic pie plasma plymouth png policykit posix ppds python qml qt5 quicktime rar raw readline samba sdl seccomp semantic-desktop speex spell split-usr ssl startup-notification svg systemd tcpd theora threads tiff trayicon truetype udev udf udisks unicode unzip upnp upnp-av upower usb user-session v4l vaapi vorbis widgets wxwidgets x264 x265 xattr xcb xcomposite xml xv xvid zeroconf zip zlib" ABI_X86="64" ADA_TARGET="gnat_2018" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" APACHE2_MODULES="authn_core authz_core socache_shmcb unixd actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" CALLIGRA_FEATURES="karbon sheets words" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap syslog" CPU_FLAGS_X86="aes avx avx2 f16c fma3 mmx mmxext pclmul popcnt sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3" CURL_SSL="openssl" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin garmintxt gpsclock greis isync itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf skytraq superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ublox ubx" GRUB_PLATFORMS="efi-64" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse libinput" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSIONS="presenter-console presenter-minimizer" NETBEANS_MODULES="apisupport cnd groovy gsf harness ide identity j2ee java mobility nb php profiler soa visualweb webcommon websvccommon xml" OFFICE_IMPLEMENTATION="libreoffice" PHP_TARGETS="php7-2" POSTGRES_TARGETS="postgres10 postgres11" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_6" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby24 ruby25" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="intel" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"
Unset:  CC, CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, CXX, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LC_ALL, PORTAGE_BINHOST, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

emerge --info from my own server.

Code:
fenrir ~ # emerge --info
Portage 2.3.79 (python 3.6.9-final-0, default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/plasma/systemd, gcc-9.2.0, glibc-2.29-r2, 4.19.86-gentoo x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-4.19.86-gentoo-x86_64-Intel-R-_Core-TM-_i5-6600K_CPU_@_3.50GHz-with-gentoo-2.6
KiB Mem:    32876628 total,   3250500 free
KiB Swap:   19531772 total,  19531772 free
Timestamp of repository gentoo: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 17:45:01 +0000
Head commit of repository gentoo: 22f37a98903d3cc5b22be2b1621e3dd8981258ed
Head commit of repository plex-overlay: 084ac4d3eff22c57d9dc281c9c7bd2b08a26b43b

Head commit of repository steam-overlay: 709e811e2fd07abe634b089e3ed3f49429305090

Head commit of repository usenet-overlay: 7aae99583edc1f4951f4c7feb0314943c32056d6

sh bash 4.4_p23-r1
ld GNU ld (Gentoo 2.32 p2) 2.32.0
distcc 3.3.3 x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [disabled]
app-shells/bash:          4.4_p23-r1::gentoo
dev-java/java-config:     2.2.0-r4::gentoo
dev-lang/perl:            5.28.2-r1::gentoo
dev-lang/python:          2.7.16::gentoo, 3.6.9::gentoo
dev-util/cmake:           3.14.6::gentoo
dev-util/pkgconfig:       0.29.2::gentoo
sys-apps/baselayout:      2.6-r1::gentoo
sys-apps/sandbox:         2.13::gentoo
sys-devel/autoconf:       2.13-r1::gentoo, 2.69-r4::gentoo
sys-devel/automake:       1.13.4-r2::gentoo, 1.16.1-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/binutils:       2.32-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc:            8.3.0-r1::gentoo, 9.2.0-r2::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc-config:     2.1::gentoo
sys-devel/libtool:        2.4.6-r3::gentoo
sys-devel/make:           4.2.1-r4::gentoo
sys-kernel/linux-headers: 4.19::gentoo (virtual/os-headers)
sys-libs/glibc:           2.29-r2::gentoo
Repositories:

gentoo
    sync-type: rsync
    sync-uri: rsync://rsync.us.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage
    priority: -1000
    sync-rsync-extra-opts:
    sync-rsync-verify-jobs: 1
    sync-rsync-verify-max-age: 24
    sync-rsync-verify-metamanifest: yes

plex-overlay
    sync-uri: https://github.com/comio/plex-overlay.git
    priority: 50

steam-overlay
    sync-uri: https://github.com/anyc/steam-overlay.git

usenet-overlay
    sync-uri: https://github.com/xartin/gentoo-overlay.git

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="*"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/config /usr/share/gnupg/qualified.txt /var/bind"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/dconf /etc/env.d /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/php/apache2-php7.3/ext-active/ /etc/php/cgi-php7.3/ext-active/ /etc/php/cli-php7.3/ext-active/ /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/var/cache/distfiles"
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--with-bdeps y --complete-graph y"
ENV_UNSET="DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS DISPLAY GOBIN PERL5LIB PERL5OPT PERLPREFIX PERL_CORE PERL_MB_OPT PERL_MM_OPT XAUTHORITY XDG_CACHE_HOME XDG_CONFIG_HOME XDG_DATA_HOME XDG_RUNTIME_DIR"
FCFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-docompress binpkg-dostrip binpkg-logs candy config-protect-if-modified distlocks ebuild-locks fixlafiles ipc-sandbox merge-sync multilib-strict network-sandbox news parallel-fetch pid-sandbox protect-owned sandbox sfperms sign strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch userpriv usersandbox usersync xattr"
FFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
GENTOO_MIRRORS=""
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
LINGUAS="en"
MAKEOPTS="-j1"
PKGDIR="/var/cache/binpkgs"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --omit-dir-times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --human-readable --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --exclude=/.git"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
USE="10bit 12bit 7z 7zip X a52 aac aacplus aacs acl acpi activities aio alsa amd64 apache2 appstream authdaemond bdplus berkdb bluray branding bzip2 cairo caps cdda cddb cdr cgmanager cgroup-hybrid cjk clang cli client conntrack corefonts cpudetection cracklib crypt cryptsetup cups custom-cflags cxx dbus declarative device-mapper dns-over-tls dnssec dri dri3 dts dv dvd dvdr efi emboss emovix encode epoll epub evdev exif expat extras fam fastcgi fat fdk ffmpeg fftw flac flash fontconfig fontforge fortran fpm fuse gd gdbm geoip gif go googledrive gpm gtk haptic http2 iconv icu idn imagemagick imap inotify iproute2 ipv6 ithreads java javafx jpeg jpeg2k json kde kipi kwallet lame lcms ldap libevent libkms libnotify libtirpc libzfs ljr lm_sensors lrz lz4 lzma lzo mad maildir matroska mdnsresponder-compat memcached minizip mng mobi modern-top mp3 mp4 mpeg mpi mpi-threads multilib multimedia musepack mysql nat ncurses netlink nfs nfsdcld nfsidmap nfsv4 nfsv41 nls nptl nsplugin numa office ogg openal opengl openmp openssl opus osmesa pam pango pcre pcre32 pdf pdo perl phonon pic pie plasma plugin-sysinfo png policykit posix postgres postproc ppds pwquality pygments python qml qt5 quad quicktime rar raw rdp readline samba sasl sdl seccomp semantic-desktop sndfile spamassassin speex spell split-usr ssl startup-notification steamfonts streaming svg systemd tcpd theora threads thumbnail tiff trayicon truetype udev udf udisks unicode unzip upnp upnp-av upower urandom usb usbredir user-session uvm uxa v4l v4l2 vcd vda vhost-net vhosts virtfs vorbis widgets wxwidgets x264 x265 xattr xcb xcomposite xml xv xvfb xvid zeroconf zip zlib" ABI_X86="64 32" ADA_TARGET="gnat_2018" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic auth_digest authn_anon authn_core authn_dbd authn_dbm authn_file authz_core authz_dbd authz_dbm authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock dbd deflate dir env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers http2 ident imagemap include info log_config logio mime mime_magic negotiation proxy proxy_fcgi ratelimit rewrite setenvif slotmem_shm socache_shmcb speling status unique_id unixd userdir usertrack vhost_alias asis brotli cache_disk cache_socache cern_meta charset_lite dumpio macro proxy_connect proxy_html proxy_http proxy_http2 proxy_scgi proxy_wstunnel reqtimeout xml2enc" APACHE2_MPMS="worker" CALLIGRA_FEATURES="karbon sheets words" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap syslog" CPU_FLAGS_X86="aes avx avx2 f16c fma3 mmx mmxext pclmul popcnt sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3" CURL_SSL="openssl" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin garmintxt gpsclock greis isync itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf skytraq superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ublox ubx" GRUB_PLATFORMS="efi-64" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse libinput" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSIONS="presenter-console presenter-minimizer" NETBEANS_MODULES="apisupport cnd groovy gsf harness ide identity j2ee java mobility nb php profiler soa visualweb webcommon websvccommon xml" NGINX_MODULES_HTTP="access auth_basic autoindex browser charset empty_gif fastcgi geo grpc gzip limit_conn limit_req map memcached mirror proxy referer rewrite scgi split_clients ssi upstream_hash upstream_ip_hash upstream_keepalive upstream_least_conn upstream_zone userid uwsgi" OFFICE_IMPLEMENTATION="libreoffice" PHP_TARGETS="php7-3" POSTGRES_TARGETS="postgres10 postgres11" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_6" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6" QEMU_SOFTMMU_TARGETS="x86_64 mips mips64 mips64el mipsel ppc ppc64 arm arm64 aarch64 i386 sparc sparc64" QEMU_USER_TARGETS="x86_64" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby24" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"
Unset:  CC, CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, CXX, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LC_ALL, PORTAGE_BINHOST, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

Compile long and Prosper!
Princess Nell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perchance, are you running into this problem?

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1099364-start-14-postdays-0-postorder-asc-highlight-x2go.html

(I made up this URL - how can one find the URL of a particular posting under a topic?)
Hu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ali3nx wrote:
Quote:
If you dump the environment for that process, what $PATH does it use? Is that the correct $PATH?

I could do this with the newer system (x2goserver doesn't work properly with non xorg opengl and my own server has an nvdia gpu with nvidia opengl currently active) but i'm not clear on the necessary procedure.
Find the pid of the process in question. Examine /proc/pid/environ for the PATH= field. Check that it is what you think it should be.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: