Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Trump 2019
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30, 31, 32  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
richk449 wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BleVqhw8Ps

Literally top result off a search. And the video you refused to watch addressed it in the first 10 seconds.

I watched much more than 10 seconds of the previous video, and learned nothing. Anything that is not a video?

richk449, you are the laziest researcher in OTW :lol:

I read an entire book at your suggestion. And it was a terrible book.

The information density in videos is orders of magnitude lower than written forms. If the only sources of information one has are video, that says something about the person. And it also says something about the argument they are making.

Plus, I’m extra annoyed, because I actually bothered to watch at least the start of the video previously posted, and there was zero content. Maybe there would have been something eventually, but why should I have to waste time listening to a douchebag bloviate about nothing for minutes before I get information? If that was an article, I would just skim through the content less part.

How was blindness, by the way?
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a political author writes in
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/09/double-standards-on-ukraine/
ANDREW C. MCCARTHY wrote:
I have no problem with the principle that the president should not exploit his power over foreign relations for partisan political purposes.
McCarthy is wrong about it. It is not an issue of his taste of but of
- campaign finance laws and
- breaking the oath of office when
-- risking american lives by withholding congressional money
-- risking foreign affairs for personal benefit
-- risking the trade deal with China and the U.S. economy by adding personal political favors

Last edited by ulenrich on Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Muso
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Muso wrote:
richk449 wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BleVqhw8Ps

Literally top result off a search. And the video you refused to watch addressed it in the first 10 seconds.

I watched much more than 10 seconds of the previous video, and learned nothing. Anything that is not a video?

richk449, you are the laziest researcher in OTW :lol:

I read an entire book at your suggestion. And it was a terrible book.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, mostly. The opening chapters on the history of democrat election cheating were fine, but I knew the ra-ra Bush cheerleading would make your eyes roll.
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the experience. There has to be somtething that got you some, richk.
Or else my world will be falling apart!
....books are way better medium.
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Naib wrote:
e3k wrote:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-urges-ukraine-china-to-investigate-the-bidens-11570114755
Quote:
American presidents should never press foreign powers to target their domestic political rivals

first Ukraine then China. Seems that USA is converting to some sort of global government...
seemed ok/acceptable under Obama, so why is this now a problem? This has gone back for decades., The other most recent one was Clinton and the UK "special relationship"

Do you have examples of people who publicly stated that it was okay to use the powers of the US presidency to press foreign countries to target political rivals?

what has publicly stating got to do with it? I am stating this has gone on in the past so why now is it a political storm.
Case point: https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/09/double-standards-on-ukraine/

Nothing in that article, or the longer one on Foxnews.com that is linked, makes the claim that a president personally asked another head of state to open an investigation into his likely political opponent.

As far as I know, what Trump did was unprecedented. It is possible that it has happened before, but if so, it hasn't been made public.
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deep state is behind all this. Non-elected powerful bureaucrats who cannot be fired. So much about Trump draining the swamp. The swamp cannot be drained, it has to meet its natural end. Unfortunately, America will suffer all the way to this end. Probably one day the out-of-control government debt will trigger a solution.
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaglover wrote:
Deep state is behind all this. Non-elected powerful bureaucrats who cannot be fired. So much about Trump draining the swamp. The swamp cannot be drained, it has to meet its natural end. Unfortunately, America will suffer all the way to this end. Probably one day the out-of-control government debt will trigger a solution.
Same with the UK and BREXIT... the illusion of democracy exists as long as the people and the "deep state" align. The moment they don't either means to sway via the carrot or dismiss with the stick.
In the US they are discrediting and pushing for impeachment in the UK it just gets aggravated as more conventions are thrown out the window
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine a shallow state where all issues are handled by officers with allegiance to one party (China) or one group of generals (egypt). You only can have Law and Order with the deep state which produces the elite of jugdes whose only allegiance is to the laws. Else a shallow state can give rebirth to feudalism where territorial or sectorial interest groups would create tyrants.

The negatively loaded meme "deep state" in the U.S. is meant to discedit 8y of Obama government having put a one sided duty line of office into existence.

Could that have been installed by Obama with years of majorities against him in the House and most of states also republican? Isn't it a myth to defend a traitor as president?
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject: The U.S. should invite partner countries to meddle in 2020 Reply with quote

When almost all adversaries of the U.S. are invited by Trump to meddle into the next election, the Congress should invite partner countries also to have their say and therefore have better results in that process. If only enemies are allowed the insanity of U.S. politics is a programmed agenda.

Additional question:
While in the U.S. corporations have personality rights caused by Freedom of Speech, this is to interfere with big money (Soros, Koch, investment banks).
How is Freedom of Speech regulated when a corporation is owned by foreign money ?
That issue will grow as long as large military spending is heating the imports and prevents more exports to pay off. Simply because the profits yielded in other countries seek their re-investment into U.S. shares.

The U.S. should invite partner countries to meddle in 2020 merged with Trump 2019 Seriously, one topic is enough. This is the same topic already under discussion with an attempt at re-framing the issue. --The Doctor
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
Imagine a shallow state where all issues are handled by officers with allegiance to one party (China) or one group of generals (egypt). You only can have Law and Order with the deep state which produces the elite of jugdes whose only allegiance is to the laws. Else a shallow state can give rebirth to feudalism where territorial or sectorial interest groups would create tyrants.

The negatively loaded meme "deep state" in the U.S. is meant to discedit 8y of Obama government having put a one sided duty line of office into existence.

Could that have been installed by Obama with years of majorities against him in the House and most of states also republican? Isn't it a myth to defend a traitor as president?
I don't think anyone is defending Obama, other than you and richk. :wink:

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Doctor wrote:
The U.S. should invite partner countries to meddle in 2020 merged with Trump 2019 Seriously, one topic is enough. This is the same topic already under discussion with an attempt at re-framing the issue.
Yes, I wanted to re-frame, because there is a bigger issue than Trump with this:
Big money and corporations and foreign countries meddling in U.S. politics.
And this is going to be worse when Ai is used to perfectly fake motion pictures and speech.
But I should have used my older thread Freedom of Speech in Two Constitutions
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is going on in the Washington DC? Gloves are coming off? Reaching for popcorn. For gods sake, the ship is sinking and two parties of clowns have nothing better to do? Does any of them remember why they are there? The only figure not clear for me is Trump himself. Is he orchestrating all this mess? Is he pulling the strings and all puppets jump, left and right? What is his final goal? He has done nothing to solve the debt issue. Before elections he said he has a plan. What was this plan? He never said. I'm starting to think he wants to default on that debt and what he really is doing is getting America ready for post-collapse life because the financial catastrophe itself cannot be prevented, it is out of hand.

Edit: I called local gold shops for price, have some cash laying around, time to replace it with gold, should have done this 6 months ago.
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaglover wrote:
He has done nothing to solve the debt issue. Before elections he said he has a plan. What was this plan? He never said. I'm starting to think he wants to default on that debt and what he really is doing is getting America ready for post-collapse life because the financial catastrophe itself cannot be prevented, it is out of hand..

Yea, that’s probably it. Or, you know, he is just a two bit con man who said whatever it took to get elected.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Jaglover wrote:
He has done nothing to solve the debt issue. Before elections he said he has a plan. What was this plan? He never said. I'm starting to think he wants to default on that debt and what he really is doing is getting America ready for post-collapse life because the financial catastrophe itself cannot be prevented, it is out of hand..

Yea, that’s probably it. Or, you know, he is just a two bit con man who said whatever it took to get elected.
Two bits is twenty five cents. I believe he is worth more than that.

At least he hasn't had any citizens murdered.

Now richk, which do you think is the most egregious? :wink:

As far as I'm concerned, just about anything is an improvement over Barry.

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Jaglover wrote:

Ha. Saw that there was a response by old school, and said to myself “I bet he posted that Obama was worse”.
Muso
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama was objectively worse.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Old School wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Jaglover wrote:

Ha. Saw that there was a response by old school, and said to myself “I bet he posted that Obama was worse”.
:lol:
By any objective measure, Obama was worse. Just wait until the Durham probe is completed. Even you will have to admit Obama's corruption.

George Orwell
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Old School wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Jaglover wrote:

:lol:
By any objective measure, Obama was worse. Just wait until the Durham probe is completed. Even you will have to admit Obama's corruption.

How could you possibly know ahead of time what the Durham probe is going to conclude?
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth always comes through.

George Orwell
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
The U.S. military exactly knew where most of the foreign islamists were in Raqqa. And targeted them. Why there were far less domestic terror attacks than expected during the last campaign agaist ISIS? Why there are only 1500 of them in YPG guarded camps now (infants and wifes included)? In asymetric war time Obama and Trump could not have succeeded playing by the rules. I would have prefered Germany declared war officially against ISIS in order to now get back our citizens as prisoners of war. Loosing them in a new turkish war in northern Syria will get us hit badly in the future.
Old School wrote:
By any objective measure, Obama was worse.
Please stop crying "Lock her up". But lock her up if you can.
By an objective measure count the convicts jailed from 8y Obama government and compare this to the number of convicts from Trump team. If your issue with that would be deep state Obama Fbi then I would claim this an objective measurment "unfit for office" after three years of Trump presidency. Such an obstacle must be handled in that famous 100 days period of time. If it is not in 4 years any new U.S. presidential elections make no sense at all but is a time and money wasting procedure.
Old School wrote:
Just wait until the Durham probe is completed.
Probably they will find worse for Trump and therefore never will complete the Durham probe.
... Waiting endlessly until proofed wrong.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
Old School wrote:
The U.S. military exactly knew where most of the foreign islamists were in Raqqa. And targeted them.
:roll:
US citizens. Obama had US citizens, including a 16 year old murdered on his word. No trial. No jury. Just his word. Got it?

Good.

No offense, but when it comes to UK or US politics, you don't know Jack.

George Orwell
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
ulenrich wrote:
Old School wrote:
The U.S. military exactly knew where most of the foreign islamists were in Raqqa. And targeted them.
US citizens. Obama had US citizens, including a 16 year old murdered on his word. No trial. No jury. Just his word. Got it?
I got it this way:
There were ca 5000 foreign fighters in the IS caliphate. Maybe most of them european. But none was U.S. citizen, really? And I know U.S. citizens having Somali roots are going to fight in these east aftican deserts from time to time.
It is very unlikely the U.S. military hasn't targeted U.S. citizens in the last 3 years. Trump doesn't want to know much. He said to his generals go, do what you have to do and fight. But willingly not knowing doesn't count for a difference.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
Old School wrote:
ulenrich wrote:
Old School wrote:
I got it this way:
There were ca 5000 foreign fighters in the IS caliphate. Maybe most of them european. But none was U.S. citizen, really? And I know U.S. citizens having Somali roots are going to fight in these east aftican deserts from time to time.
It is very unlikely the U.S. military hasn't targeted U.S. citizens in the last 3 years. Trump doesn't want to know much. He said to his generals go, do what you have to do and fight. But willingly not knowing doesn't count for a difference.
Dude, quit embarrassing yourself. Anwar al-Awlaki. An American citizen. Was purposely targeted with a drone while sitting in a cafe. Then his 16 year old American born son was killed. Barack Obama had a kill list of American citizens. Where I come from, the government tries people in a court of law, before they are executed. Unless the President is Barack Husein Obama.

Read a book.

George Orwell
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
ulenrich wrote:
Old School wrote:
ulenrich wrote:
Old School wrote:
I got it this way:
Dude, quit embarrassing yourself. Anwar al-Awlaki. An American citizen. Was purposely targeted with a drone while sitting in a cafe. Then his 16 year old American born son was killed. Barack Obama had a kill list of American citizens. Where I come from, the government tries people in a court of law, before they are executed. Unless the President is Barack Husein Obama
You are naively believing these kind of killings don't happen since Trump is president ? Only because you didn't hear about ?
I know for sure drone strikes in their numbers are steadily growing since years. I know they are handled here in Rammstein by U.S. military personal. Do they target without kill lists now? Surely the generals have these lists. Most probably with american traitors on them. If american citizens going for jihad into these war zones are steady in numbers, what about extra jurisdictional killings the last years ? We just don't know because it is war time.
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
The truth always comes through.

If you know the truth, go provide your evidence to Mr. Durham. If it is so overwhelmingly convincing, I am sure he will appreciate you providing it to him since it will shorten his investigation.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 21 of 32

Jump to: