[huawei] economic warfare 2019
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
e3k
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject: [huawei] economic warfare 2019 Reply with quote

Quote:
ARM instructed employees to halt "all active contracts, support entitlements, and any pending engagements” with Huawei and its subsidiaries to comply with a recent US trade clampdown.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-48363772

Quote:
Alphabet Inc’s Google has suspended business with Huawei that requires the transfer of hardware, software and technical services except those publicly available via open source licensing, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters on Sunday, in a blow to the Chinese technology company that the U.S. government has sought to blacklist around the world.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-huawei-tech-alphabet-exclusive/exclusive-google-suspends-some-business-with-huawei-after-trump-blacklist-source-idUSKCN1SP0NB
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Biden gets elected, his Chinese masters will have him correct this mistake.

Christmas Lights Are Like Jeffrey Epstein, They Don't Hang Themselves.

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
e3k
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
I have red Bin Laden. Who is Biden?
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e3k wrote:
Old School wrote:
I have red Bin Laden. Who is Biden?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden

Democrat running for President. Obama's Vice President. Beholden to his Chinese masters.

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
e3k
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did not know that you have elections this year. nothing in the local news about it.
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e3k wrote:
did not know that you have elections this year. nothing in the local news about it.

Next year, 2020.

pjp wrote:
The greater evil is voting for the "lesser evil."
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e3k wrote:
You need to change your news source.

George Orwell
e3k
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad 2020: that would explain why nobody writes about it in Europe
well Old School it seems you will vote for Trump again. how long is the presidency in US? 4-5? has it been so long?

i wrote a post about Trump doing economic warfare against every one months ago. or maybe a year. not sure how the conditions are now with Europe but this example is a real hit to one company in China. one could call this pre election advertising.
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
e3k wrote:

Actually, I want to get his news source. There is no scenario in which hearing about Biden right now is good for anyone.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e3k wrote:

well Old School it seems you will vote for Trump again. how long is the presidency in US? 4-5? has it been so long?
That would be difficult when one considers I did not vote for him the first time. :wink:

George Orwell
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Old School wrote:
e3k wrote:

Actually, I want to get his news source. There is no scenario in which hearing about Biden right now is good for anyone.
We need to hear more from AOC. She is great comic fodder for any logical person. :wink:

George Orwell
Muso
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Old School wrote:
e3k wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Old School wrote:
e3k wrote:

if you had a passing interest in US politics you would have heard of Biden since he was the vice president to Obama for 8years..., if you had any interest in meme's you would have known of Biden ( https://www.inverse.com/article/23764-best-joe-biden-memes ). if you had a passing interest in the 2016 election (resulting in Trump being president in 20th Jan 2017) you would have know he did not declare an intent to run (again Clinton) due to a family tragedy. If you had a passing interest in the upcoming US election you would have know he declared his intent to run. If you had a fleeting interest in US politics you would have known there has been attempted smear stories around "inappropriate" touching. If you had a passing interest in the US governemental system you would know it has elections every 4years and there is well over a year of campeigning

If you had the mathematical education over at least a 5 year old you would know that 2016 + 4 = 2020
Muso
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Huawei A Threat?
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who's ever had the misfortune of using any of their awful, awful hardware could tell you Huawei's bad news.

Politicians 5 years behind the curve, as usual.
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant P. wrote:
Anyone who's ever had the misfortune of using any of their awful, awful hardware could tell you Huawei's bad news.

completely :)
my wife bought one because... she repeatedly broke the phones I bought her. She bought one because they were cheap... they are cheap for a reason. I tried all the tricks I know with android to make it smoother, for functions to work... but no... their custom Android is buggy-as, they lie about battery capability because what they do is they aggressively turn interfaces off...
e3k
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
IIf you had the mathematical education over at least a 5 year old you would know that 2016 + 4 = 2020
why would i bother to google or think when there is gentoo.forums. I am playing a bit a representative of the idiocracy.
but thank you for explanation i am now more in picture. so you get brain fucked more than 1 year before elections. hmm that must be sad. as an anarcho/tree hugging/populist i just say: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhj9TtMYc0w

Last edited by e3k on Sat May 25, 2019 9:29 am; edited 2 times in total
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone tried Kali Linux on a huawei? Usually are common hardware...
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Old School wrote:
e3k wrote:

Actually, I want to get his news source. .

if you had a passing interest in US politics you would have heard of Biden since he was the vice president to Obama for 8years..., if you had any interest in meme's you would have known of Biden ( https://www.inverse.com/article/23764-best-joe-biden-memes ). if you had a passing interest in the 2016 election (resulting in Trump being president in 20th Jan 2017) you would have know he did not declare an intent to run (again Clinton) due to a family tragedy. If you had a passing interest in the upcoming US election you would have know he declared his intent to run. If you had a fleeting interest in US politics you would have known there has been attempted smear stories around "inappropriate" touching. If you had a passing interest in the US governemental system you would know it has elections every 4years and there is well over a year of campeigning

If you had the mathematical education over at least a 5 year old you would know that 2016 + 4 = 2020

What part of “There is no scenario in which hearing about Biden right now is good for anyone” did you not understand?
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Naib wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Old School wrote:
e3k wrote:

Actually, I want to get his news source. .

What part of “There is no scenario in which hearing about Biden right now is good for anyone” did you not understand?

what part of I have red Bin Laden. Who is Biden? did you not understand
e3k
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
Who is Biden?
Well i did just ask to tell me who is Biden. On the other hand there are millions who do not know and did not ask.
ian.au
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
Ant P. wrote:

completely :)
my wife bought one because... she repeatedly broke the phones I bought her. She bought one because they were cheap... they are cheap for a reason. I tried all the tricks I know with android to make it smoother, for functions to work... but no... their custom Android is buggy-as, they lie about battery capability because what they do is they aggressively turn interfaces off...

My wife came home with a Huawei (p20 iirc) about a year ago (yes, she too loved the price). The genius at the store had tried to shoehorn her htc-specific apps (and some others which belonged to a secure work profile that the phone couldn't support) onto it, and it was close to unusable in the state she brought it home. I reset it and spent a day loading on updates, but even as a bare bones install it was a POS. The tale of returning it would run to a few chapters alone.

Anyway, awful as the product is; the larger idea that any Chinese company of scale isn't effectively controlled by the CCP is naive in the extreme. Governments are about equally untrustworthy on privacy, imo, but when the CCP dictates that you put a backdoor/spyware/RDD in your systems it's hard to see how that would be realistically prevented.

How this narrows to one company, though, defies rational explanation.
o'bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the idea is the setting of an example without killing the whole thing.
e3k
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now China strikes back: https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/31/18647021/china-us-trade-war-trump-huawei-rare-earths-embargo-softbank-5g-snub

Quote:
Bloomberg reports that China has put preparations in place to restrict exports of rare earth minerals to the US, while also setting up its own “unreliable entities” blacklist for unfavorable foreign companies.

e3k
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and now some rewind from Mr. President: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-29/trump-says-he-ll-allow-china-s-huawei-to-buy-from-u-s-suppliers
what do we learn from this lesson? no idea. i don't know what is the outcome of this negotiation.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: