View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentooP4 wrote:
Muso wrote:
gentooP4 wrote:
You think with all the shootings in America they would want to do something? Guess not.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/christchurch-shooting/112756113/christchurch-call-tech-companies-17-governments-sign-new-zealandled-pledge--but-not-the-us

What a shock, America actually believes in the freedom of speech.

How's that working out for ya? :lol:

Beautifully.

PSA for the Kiwis
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentooP4 wrote:
flysideways wrote:
If it bleeds, it leads.

The ability to live stream did not cause the Christ Church shooting, nor did the guns. Ah ,yeah, so who in NZ is an UberSubject and still posses the evil firearms?

If only Facebook didn't stalk all of humanity that happens to use the web.

You've missed the point entirely.... :roll:

Which point was that?
"I came here to be an American and that means following their laws." My German great grandfather explaining to his family why he was closing his distillery and taverns upon the implementation of prohibition.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe NZ hasn't done enough to block dangerous information.

China is blocking Wikipedia in every language
It's coming ahead of the 30th anniversary of the Tiananmen crackdown.

Believing I had supernatural powers I slammed into a brick wall.
I said hey, is this my problem? Is this my fault?
gentooP4
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milkshakes!!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/opinion/112936472/milkshakes-and-hate-speech
gentooP4
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flysideways wrote:
gentooP4 wrote:
flysideways wrote:
If it bleeds, it leads.

The ability to live stream did not cause the Christ Church shooting, nor did the guns. Ah ,yeah, so who in NZ is an UberSubject and still posses the evil firearms?

Which point was that?

The point is that although the live stream didn't cause the massacre, it did glorify it to others. Access to firearms is an enabler that we are addressing.
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentooP4 wrote:
Milkshakes!!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/opinion/112936472/milkshakes-and-hate-speech

Fascist supports political violence, what a shocker.
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentooP4 wrote:
flysideways wrote:
gentooP4 wrote:
flysideways wrote:
If it bleeds, it leads.

Which point was that?

The point is that although the live stream didn't cause the massacre, it did glorify it to others. Access to firearms is an enabler that we are addressing.

Restricting the freedom and liberty of all, because of a few, will always be suspect and deserving of ridicule.

When members of the media publicly disseminated the Daniel Pearl snuff video, who's purpose did they serve?
"I came here to be an American and that means following their laws." My German great grandfather explaining to his family why he was closing his distillery and taverns upon the implementation of prohibition.
The Doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, no surprise. Our resident gentooP4 is perfectly supportive of violence against those he dislikes. However, he refuses to address violence committed by those groups and even say if he would support the same sanction against them he supports against groups he does like.

We have your number. You don't care about justice or due process. You have actively advocated for throwing it out the window. You want revenge and control. Unfortunately you refuse to understand that that road leads to bloodshed. The incident that started this thread was created by people like you who thought by banning people from talking about their concerns they could ban the opinion. All they did was create a desperate man who's only remaining tool was violence. Congratulations.

Apologies if I take a while to respond. I'm currently working on the dematerialization circuit for my blue box.
gentooP4
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sympathise with them, milkshake violence is their only remaining tool thanks to the alt-right racists that drove them to it. I think we should support their freedoms and the right to bear milkshakes
gentooP4
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidanjt wrote:
gentooP4 wrote:
Milkshakes!!

Fascist supports political violence, what a shocker.

You need a little thing call perspective. It must be weird living in your black and white world. :lol:

When it's a milkshake it's "political violence", when it's a massacre of 50 people it's not the shooter fault..
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentooP4 wrote:
I sympathise with them, milkshake violence is their only remaining tool thanks to the alt-right racists that drove them to it. I think we should support their freedoms and the right to bear milkshakes

That is specifically the problem, continued approval of the use of violence.
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentooP4 wrote:
when it's a massacre of 50 people it's not the shooter fault..

I'm not sure if you missed posts two and three in your thread, nor how you came to this quoted conclusion.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flysideways wrote:
gentooP4 wrote:

I'm not sure if you missed posts two and three in your thread, nor how you came to this quoted conclusion.

The NPC script he's running isn't capable of more than single step talking point logic.
The Doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentooP4 wrote:
Holy cow.

Literally justifying assaulting people with a microphone because you don't like their words. Ever think of simply picking up a microphone yourself and explaining why they are wrong? Of course not, who are we kidding.

So, next question. When the guy getting the milkshake thrown at them shoots back with a gun are you going to support them? (serous question) Or is violence only acceptable when practiced by left wing people?

Apologies if I take a while to respond. I'm currently working on the dematerialization circuit for my blue box.
gentooP4
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flysideways wrote:
gentooP4 wrote:

Not sure how those posts made by other people are relevant to what is currently being said? I will go through the early posts and try and locate your condemnation of the murderer....

Not just addressing you specifically, but there seems to be a lot of hating on milkshakes but veiled support for a right wing mass murderer. The Doctor has literally blamed everyone EXCEPT the perpetrator of the crime. Milkshakes and mass murder are just not on the same ends of the scale to reasonable people. You have to be clinging to some religious level dogmatic ideals to tap dance around the differences and leave your humanity at the door. 'merica
The Doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentooP4 wrote:
The Doctor has literally blamed everyone EXCEPT the perpetrator of the crime.
gentooP4, quite an accusation. I challenge you to back it up.

flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentooP4 wrote:
flysideways wrote:
gentooP4 wrote:

Not sure how those posts made by other people are relevant to what is currently being said? I will go through the early posts and try and locate your condemnation of the murderer....

Not just addressing you specifically, but there seems to be a lot of hating on milkshakes but veiled support for a right wing mass murderer. The Doctor has literally blamed everyone EXCEPT the perpetrator of the crime. Milkshakes and mass murder are just not on the same ends of the scale to reasonable people. You have to be clinging to some religious level dogmatic ideals to tap dance around the differences and leave your humanity at the door. 'merica

You're fucking delusional. The first two responses in your thread were that the shooter needs to be put down, as in executed. I happen to live in a place where juries of our peers find such people guilty of the crimes they have committed, and those killers get executed for their actions. If my pointing out that you have a neighbor problem is too circumspect a condemnation for you, sorry.

Around here the expectation is, if you commit violence against another, the victim can and is expected to respond with enough force to end the threat.

You've also been mute in a response to my question about the Daniel Pearl snuff video. Who's purpose was served when the media aired it?
gentooP4
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another day, another mass shooting. Semi automatics seem popular. Glad we're banning ours
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_shootings_in_the_United_States
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentooP4 wrote:
Another day, another mass shooting. Semi automatics seem popular. Glad we're banning ours
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_shootings_in_the_United_States

And when you've completed banning them, which of the more equal than the rest will still posses them?

SFGate wrote:
Facebook's costs for Zuckerberg's personal protection amounted to $9.96 million in 2018, regulatory filings show. The chief executive officer also gets an additional annual $10 million allowance to cover security expenses for himself and his family.

I bet there will still be quite a few still in circulation.
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flysideways wrote:
And when you've completed banning them, which of the more equal than the rest will still posses them?

Glad someone finally said it.

Banning guns is as silly as banning murder. Sure, maybe you can drastically cut the number of murders, but some will still occur. And that makes the ban pointless. Which is why societies don't ban murder. It can't be eliminated completely, so it is better to just let it happen wholesale, and equally among citizens.
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
flysideways wrote:

Banning guns is as silly as banning murder. Sure, maybe you can drastically cut the number of murders, but some will still occur. And that makes the ban pointless. Which is why societies don't ban murder. It can't be eliminated completely, so it is better to just let it happen wholesale, and equally among citizens.

You're getting close, but the answer requires accepting that values or philosophy matter.
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flysideways wrote:
richk449 wrote:
flysideways wrote:

You're getting close, but the answer requires accepting that values or philosophy matter.

I wasn’t trying to present a full argument, just support the specific claim that you made.
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
flysideways wrote:
richk449 wrote:
flysideways wrote:

I wasn’t trying to present a full argument, just support the specific claim that you made.

The claim that banning as practiced is not banning, because they still exist and are possessed by certain people?
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flysideways wrote:
richk449 wrote:
flysideways wrote:
richk449 wrote:
flysideways wrote:

The claim that banning as practiced is not banning, because they still exist and are possessed by certain people?

Yep, that's the one.
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
flysideways wrote:
richk449 wrote:
flysideways wrote:
richk449 wrote:
flysideways wrote:

Yep, that's the one.

Ah, right, the other tangent is the discussion about the causal effect of actually deciding to kill someone, and how a person does or does not arrive at that decision. Then the third tangent is a discussion of those with influence claiming to want to ban guns but retain them and people employed to use them as protection.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: