Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
calculating a desperately needed war
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1373

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: calculating a desperately needed war Reply with quote

Because economics cannot cannot continue until the presidential election end of 2020
Trump desperately needs his war to get public support then.

There are three candidates as of now: Venezuela, North Korea and Iran
Oddly every one of them behaves as if they want to win this race to war!

But there is another player calculating the seemingly unpreventable war. We know already China doesn't want any disturbance in their neighbourhood. Watching them to engage in Venezuela, it is clear they prefer the U.S. been occupied with war in the distance there.

Just saying ... when watching Boltons call for war in Venezuela.
PS: In chess you mostly loose a second chance when playing out your attack. How bold is Bolton?
_________________
fun2gen2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 17857

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't spam the forum with new threads for every random thought. That's a blog. Thanks.
_________________

Believing I had supernatural powers I slammed into a brick wall.
I said hey, is this my problem? Is this my fault?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1373

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Please don't spam the forum with new threads for every random thought. That's a blog. Thanks.
What thread would you suggest for it? I only found:
- Bitcoin war
- Best war film
_________________
fun2gen2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 14 Jun 2002
Posts: 1378
Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
pjp wrote:
Please don't spam the forum with new threads for every random thought. That's a blog. Thanks.
What thread would you suggest for it? I only found:
- Bitcoin war
- Best war film


He clearly recommended you create your own blog elsewhere.
_________________
mcgruff wrote:
I can't promise to be civil.


pjp wrote:
The greater evil is voting for the "lesser evil."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1261
Location: Idaho, USA

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: calculating a desperately needed war Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
Because economics cannot cannot continue until the presidential election end of 2020
Trump desperately needs his war to get public support then.

There are three candidates as of now: Venezuela, North Korea and Iran
Oddly every one of them behaves as if they want to win this race to war!

But there is another player calculating the seemingly unpreventable war. We know already China doesn't want any disturbance in their neighbourhood. Watching them to engage in Venezuela, it is clear they prefer the U.S. been occupied with war in the distance there.

Just saying ... when watching Boltons call for war in Venezuela.
PS: In chess you mostly loose a second chance when playing out your attack. How bold is Bolton?

That depends on how we go about things. Drew Karpyshyn is a genius, by the way, for how he conveys things in his writing.

https://youtu.be/yx_smmq_3AE?t=273

Of course, this depends on things being managed correctly.
_________________
Git has obsoleted SVN.
10mm Auto has obsoleted 45 ACP.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 17857

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
pjp wrote:
Please don't spam the forum with new threads for every random thought. That's a blog. Thanks.
What thread would you suggest for it? I only found:
- Bitcoin war
- Best war film
Thank you for asking. I wasn't suggesting this thread ought to have been elsewhere. My concern, given the common topic of your posts was that you didn't start creating new threads for everything about the common theme. Particularly so as your two recent threads were only a few hours apart.

That said, the other thread could have been posted to the "Mueller" thread or the "Trump" thread. This thread could also have been posted to the "Trump" thread, or even a North Korea thread from 2018 (though certainly not necessary).

But what I really wanted was that you consider if a new thread was really needed to continue the discussion next time you thought about creating a (Trump) thread.

Thank you.
--pjp
_________________

Believing I had supernatural powers I slammed into a brick wall.
I said hey, is this my problem? Is this my fault?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1373

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
That said, the other thread could have been posted to the "Mueller" thread or the "Trump" thread. This thread could also have been posted to the "Trump" thread, or even a North Korea thread from 2018 (though certainly not necessary).

But what I really wanted was that you consider if a new thread was really needed to continue the discussion next time you thought about creating a (Trump) thread.

For sure I first think about continuing a popular thread before creating a new. Since this forum should not be centered around U.S. domestic issues as it momentarily is, I decided to begin new threads for better framing them globaly.
I just learned my other thread was answered in opposing mood although the opposing message duplicates my original message ... this maybe caused by my bad english language skills ...

@pjp
if not starting every day two new threads - these certainly go down the listing quickly when of no interest. And I promise not to spam. But I may loose interest at all if answered like Twitter emotioned dumps.
_________________
fun2gen2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 29 Jan 2005
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: calculating a desperately needed war Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
Because economics cannot cannot continue until the presidential election end of 2020


Really? Do tell.
_________________
"I came here to be an American and that means following their laws." My German great grandfather explaining to his family why he was closing his distillery and taverns upon the implementation of prohibition.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 973
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: calculating a desperately needed war Reply with quote

flysideways wrote:
ulenrich wrote:
Because economics cannot cannot continue until the presidential election end of 2020


Really? Do tell.


:lol: :lol: :lol:
_________________
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum