Missouri: Mandatory AR-15 Ownership
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject: Missouri: Mandatory AR-15 Ownership Reply with quote

The Missouri legislature considers a bill which would require all law-abiding citizens between the ages of 18 and 35 to own an AR-15 assault rifle. If the bill passes, it gives them one year to procure one.

https://www.kmov.com/news/missouri-lawmaker-introduces-bill-that-would-require-ar--ownership/article_e02841c6-4735-11e9-9a7f-eb0c0ffb8b3c.html
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's insane.
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me. Especially requiring a specific consumer model. I'd go for a Swiss-style mandatory militia training and optional post-training service weapon purchase before that. If strengthening the national guard reserve capacity is the intended goal, that is.
krinn
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys you should also be worry about your source policies :)
Code:
451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact kmovwebsite@kmov.com or call (314) 621-4444.
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krinn wrote:
guys you should also be worry about your source policies :)
Code:
451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact kmovwebsite@kmov.com or call (314) 621-4444.

I don't blame them, GDPR is the cookie directive on steroids. I fucking hate all the dialogue spam both have generated.
krinn
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidanjt wrote:
I don't blame them, GDPR is the cookie directive on steroids. I fucking hate all the dialogue spam both have generated.

Well, if you prefer doing a page to kick out users that are protect by the directive instead of adding a way to respect it (which is just asking user or "nightmare" not using intrusive cookie).
I must say i find it all ok that they kick me, my point was to question yourself about what they are doing to visitor not protect by this ; i don't think that in 2019 a dev is unable to make a browsable website without cookie :)
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krinn wrote:
Well, if you prefer doing a page to kick out users that are protect by the directive instead of adding a way to respect it (which is just asking user or "nightmare" not using intrusive cookie).
I must say i find it all ok that they kick me, my point was to question yourself about what they are doing to visitor not protect by this ; i don't think that in 2019 a dev is unable to make a browsable website without cookie :)

GDPR doesn't protect people from intrusive cookies, only disabling 3rd party cookies in your browser will do that. GDPR only exists to annoy people with yet more dialogue spam. I doubt it's an issue with whether the website can comply with GDPR, and more one of whether they should waste their time on complying with technology legislation written by a load of feckless boomers.
Spent
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why sites outside of the EU go through the trouble of enforcing GDPR. The EU has no jurisdiction to enforce any law outside of it's borders unless the owner of the site has a presence inside the EU which I doubt a TV station in Missouri does.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GDPR? I thought that was East Germany (German Demokratic People's Republik) or Stasi or something related.

What kind of censorhip shit is this? Oooh, we can't have the proles knowing that some people are allowed to have grown-up guns and they like it!
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, the AK-47 fanboys aren't going to be happy about this...
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent wrote:
I don't know why sites outside of the EU go through the trouble of enforcing GDPR. The EU has no jurisdiction to enforce any law outside of it's borders unless the owner of the site has a presence inside the EU which I doubt a TV station in Missouri does.

++

aidanjt wrote:
Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me. Especially requiring a specific consumer model. I'd go for a Swiss-style mandatory militia training and optional post-training service weapon purchase before that. If strengthening the national guard reserve capacity is the intended goal, that is.

Exactly. It's braindead legislation written by some mindless tool.
e3k
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidanjt wrote:
yes the Swiss model seems to be most reasonable. This is more a lobbyist work to push sales.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: