Another case of racism
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject: Another case of racism Reply with quote

Social Justice is an endless trigger of racism.
First, some races receive preferential treatment. For instance, lower grades are required to enroll in colleges. Then surprise-surprise, after graduating the real life kicks in and these graduates are treated equal to other job applicants, and they keep losing out. Now, inevitably there comes the next step, others will be forced to pay their debt, by annulling it or some other way. Social Justice needs to be done, right?
If one race is preferred over another - this is the very definition of racism. But don't you mention it.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Another case of racism Reply with quote

Jaglover wrote:
If one race is preferred over another - this is the very definition of racism. But don't you mention it.

++

The only truly non-racist way to have any policy, is absolute neutrality on the issue. Don't ask it on forms, don't reward or punish based upon it.
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you be non-racist and pick your mate without any preferences? I think not. Yeah, I am looking at you Muso. :)
I think we have preferences when selecting your mate of choice. You cannot be open to anything in this regard if you are honest with yourself.

So, to conclude my pholosophic addenum - People are racists. Period. (I left that word errata out out of spite).
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. When I choose a blonde girl then I am a blondist.
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure you are. I can see that in you from a mile away.
When a blonde girl choose a dark tall handsome guy, she is not selective?
All I was saying that you have your prerequesits of what you want in a mate. You racist.
o'bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am not racist in this regard. Sexist, and ageist, yeah. But not racist.
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop being so sensitive. You biggot!
The Doctor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to see something really funny, suggest that they rework college admissions to remove all identifying information from the application, name, racial information, sexual, etc. and replace it with a number. You can't be racist against applicant 45498 after all.

They will blow a gasket and try to justify it as racist, sexist, etc. Apparently specifically not knowing the information won't prevent its use in admissions. :lol:

Apologies if I take a while to respond. I'm currently working on the dematerialization circuit for my blue box.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Doctor wrote:
You want to see something really funny, suggest that they rework college admissions to remove all identifying information from the application, name, racial information, sexual, etc. and replace it with a number. You can't be racist against applicant 45498 after all.

They will blow a gasket and try to justify it as racist, sexist, etc. Apparently specifically not knowing the information won't prevent its use in admissions. :lol:

++

That's a great idea.
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Doctor wrote:

I have always found this to be confusing.
The Doctor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
The Doctor wrote:

I have always found this to be confusing.
It is actually quite simple. It has never been about fairness. The progressives wants to grant their groups with special rights and disadvantage their unfavorable groups. I've used this in debate against them seen the meltdown first hand.

Actually this method of admissions has been tried and the results where amusing if predictable. Whites and Asians where over represented at the expense of Blacks and Hispanics. Basically the groups which value scholarship where better at it than the ones who don't. Naturally it couldn't be allowed to stand.

The progressives (particularly of the feminist variety) love to claim that "privilege is invisible to those who have it." Just like a Washington Post (!) article demonstrates with hilarious results. Their motives are easily proven by their actions. They are a supremacist movement with more rights for them and less for anyone who dares disagree. Facts are, of course, optional for the greater good.

Apologies if I take a while to respond. I'm currently working on the dematerialization circuit for my blue box.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: