View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dwosky
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found a curious behavior with Steam Client installed using the multilib procedure, not sure if its normal or not, but it seems the Steam Cloud sync its slow as hell.

In Windows it takes a couple of seconds to establish connection and the transfer speed its not really great, but on Gentoo it goes at 20-50Bits/s max from what I've seen. Has anyone seen this issue as well?

From my little knowledge I believe it runs slower due to using Gentoo's lib instead of the precompiled Ubuntu ones, but its curious that while downloading a game it goes pretty well, but the sync takes a lot longer than usual.
sao98021
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what happens when you run steam-proton on a gpu without vulkan support =
Code:
Xlib:  extension "NV-GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Fatal : VkResult is "ERROR_INITIALIZATION_FAILED" in /home/pgriffais/src/Vulkan/base/vulkanexamplebase.cpp at line 823
vulkandriverquery: /home/pgriffais/src/Vulkan/base/vulkanexamplebase.cpp:823: void VulkanExampleBase::initVulkan(): Assertion `res == VK_SUCCESS' failed.

steam still loads up, still functions as normal, but as you can see it cant load vulkan, so basically, gains no functionality while losing no functionality.

just incase anyone was curious.
kajzer
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have problems with two games, they don't launch, in both games I get this error :

Code:
traps: KOTOR2[25116] general protection fault ip:f739e845 sp:ebbfc784 error:0 in libxcb.so.1.1.0[f7393000+2c000]

Games are Borderlands2 and STAR WARS Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords

I tried to re-emerge libxcb, didn't help.
Any ideas?

Edit:
Never mind, found the solution here, if someone needs it in the future here it is:
https://www.gamersonlinux.com/forum/threads/steam-on-non-ubuntu-64bit.2404/
ericbish
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got done migrating to the 17.1 profile. Steam no longer runs. I ran it just before beginning, so it was the 17.1 migration that broke it. Anybody else been through this or had same issue? The Steam clients starts up just fine, but when I try and run Borderlands2......it starts to load then sigfaults.

The errors I see in the terminal are:

gentoo gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32)
ericbish
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericbish wrote:
Just got done migrating to the 17.1 profile. Steam no longer runs. I ran it just before beginning, so it was the 17.1 migration that broke it. Anybody else been through this or had same issue? The Steam clients starts up just fine, but when I try and run Borderlands2......it starts to load then sigfaults.

The errors I see in the terminal are:

gentoo gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32)

SOLVED

Additional error in /var/log/messages:

traps: Borderlands2[2742] general protection fault ip:f732374f sp:ffe66bf8 error:0 in libxcb.so.1.1.0[f7318000+2c000

Fixed with adding the following to /etc/portage/env/libxcb.conf:

Code:

CFLAGS="-O1 -march=bdver4 -mno-fma4 -mno-tbm -mno-xop -mno-lwp -mclzero -madx -mrdseed -mmwaitx -msha -mxsavec -mxsaves -mclflushopt -mpopcnt -pipe"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"

And /etc/portage/env/glibc.conf:

Code:

CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: