View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vers_iq
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 5:54 am    Post subject: GCC3.2 binary Java Reply with quote

I just finished compiling j2sdk on my gcc-3.2 system, building went smooth but take almost 3 hours on 2x733Mhz (basically 1x733Mhz) P3 512 MB. Have a look at this, notice the release version. If anyone would like to try this adventure check out Tushar's java from scratch hint Try to follow the method exactly. Tip for SMP owners, do not use -jN when running make, java makefile inteprete this different way which is quite frustrating.
gfunkmonk
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compiling Java from source is entertaining and fun! :D
ben
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:15 pm    Post subject: GCC3.x binary Java Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am willing to compile my own J2SDK under Gentoo 1.3b (gcc3.1), following the hint from LFS, but:
I can't find the flie j2sdk-1_4_0-mozilla_headers-unix.zip on Sun developper site .
Is it still possible to compile without this compatibility headers ?
Where can I find it otherwise

Thank for all reply

Ben
Tuxisuau
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the ebuild doesn't do that directly? Why isnt called -bin?
Tuxisuau
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe that is the definitive solution to get the plugin to work (typical ABI and plugin problems)
vers_iq
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuxisuau wrote:

because of SUN's java license issue
vers_iq
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: GCC3.x binary Java Reply with quote

ben wrote:
Hi all,

I am willing to compile my own J2SDK under Gentoo 1.3b (gcc3.1), following the hint from LFS, but:
I can't find the flie j2sdk-1_4_0-mozilla_headers-unix.zip on Sun developper site .
Is it still possible to compile without this compatibility headers ?
Where can I find it otherwise

Thank for all reply

Ben

the same place where u download j2sdk source, in the same box. There are 2 download links, one is for jsdk source, and the other one with "(Mozilla Binaries)" <-- this is the one.
Htwo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vers_iq wrote:
Tuxisuau wrote:

because of SUN's java license issue

well if you try to emerge sun-jdk (the binary) it says
Code:

!!! Please download j2sdk-1_4_0_01-linux-i586.bin from http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/download.html (select the "Linux GNUZIP Tar shell script" package format of the SDK) and move it to /usr/portage/distfiles

I think this is done because of license issues, so exactly the same thing could be done with an ebuild for the source.
yokem55
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too can't find the mozzilla-headers that the lsf hint is asking for ...hmm..I'll poke around google and see what I can find...
IWBCMAN
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got sun-jdk-1.40 to compile using gcc3.2. I followed the LFS hints using the emerged version of sun-jdk-1.4.0 to build it(first time around),,I then made the plugin link to my freshly compiled mozilla(compiled immediately prior to jdk) and mozilla crasged when It tiried to use java(I have a second version of mozila(precomipled) running with gcc2.952 precompiled jdk java plugins-which works just fine...) I copied and modified the /etc/env.d/java/20sun-jdk-1.4.0 renaming it to 20sun-jdk-1.4.0_01 and pointed it tom my newly compiled jdk(/opt/java/j2sdk) I then ran java-config and selected the new jdk vm and then I put the java dirs in my ~/.profile...still nothing worked.. I then recompiled(after make clobber, deleting libstdc+6.11(?) (from LFS hint) and unsetting JAVA_HOME and CLASSPATH) compiled perfetly relinked libjavaplugin_oji140.so to the /usr/local/mozilla/plugins and mozilla bombs again when I try to visit a site with java(about Plugins displays the correct info)-other than the screwed up java plugin, my compiled jdk runs smoothly(&fast) running forte/jedit and mozilla/galeon look great!

does anyone have any idea why my java plugin compiled with a gcc3.2 compiled sun-jdk-1.4.0 does not work with mozilla ?
I would post more info, but I see no error messages....
ghost_o
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does
Code:
# echo $JAVA_HOME
return?

-G
IWBCMAN
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAVA_HOME returns /opt/java/j2sdk

my installation is a bit complex, so I will try to decsrie the relevant things

I have two versions of mozilla
1) version 1.1a precompiled under 2.95.2 with java plugins(copied pover from suse distro)
2) version 1.0 which I emerged(compiled)

I have three java vm's aavailable
1)blackdown
2)sun-jdk-1.4.0
3)my compiled j2sdk(1.4.0)

my moz. 1.1a (precompiled) works great with web pages with java
my moz. 1.0 (compiled w/ gcc3.2) runs fine but jaqva plugins do not work
my j2sdk works fine, all progs, which require java, work fine using this vm

I am tempted to uninstall blackdown and/or sun-jdk-1.4.0, perhpas both, and ultimately I would like to have ONE mozilla and ONE jdk
I have verifeid that my java progs are using my compiled j2sdk, no confusion or path problems here

when I do ldd libjavaplugin_oji140.so(ie. my compiled j2sdk plugin)
I get
libX11.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6 (0x400a2000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x4016b000)
libstdc++.so.5 => /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/libstdc++.so.5 (0x4016e000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x40238000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x4025b000)
libgcc_s.so.1 => /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x40386000)
libSM.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.so.6 (0x4038e000)
libICE.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.6 (0x40397000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x80000000)
when I do the same for the plugin I am using in my precompiled 1.1a moz. install I get
libXt.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6 (0x4004a000)
libX11.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6 (0x400a0000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x40169000)
libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 => /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 (0x4016c000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x401b1000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x401d4000)
libSM.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.so.6 (0x402ff000)
libICE.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.6 (0x40307000)

when I decided to compile my own java compiler I followed the LFS hints.
I emerged sun-jdk-1.4.0 and used this for the duration of the install(circular dependencies). I download
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~timothy/misc/libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2

and copied this in to the /opt/sun-jdk-1.4.0/jre/lib/i386 and the source directoy which used (/usr/local/src/j2sdk/jre/lib/i386)

I also created the /etc/redhat-release file as given in the LFS hints
I had to link cpio to /bin. I had to muck around with paths a bit, (the LFS hints are great but the desciption of paths is really, really bad(ie. written for those who know better than to have any questions about paths) -I used JAVA_HOME=/opt/sun-jdk-1.40 and SRC=/usr/local/src/j2sdk I unzipped all of the files in the SRC directory and applied all of the patches. It compiled without a problem(ie.- paths must have been correct) but the plugins do not work. I recompiled again, this time using my compiled j2sdk to recompiled itself, worked fine, java plugin does not work. Looking at what LDD spews out it seems as if the libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 which I downloaded was not correctly linked-in- and I think this is where the problem is:
ie. my gcc3.2 compiled libjavaplugin_oji140.so is linked against:
libstdc++.so.5 => /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/libstdc++.so.5 (0x4016e000)
whereas the precompiled java plugin, which I use with my gcc2.95.2 precompiled moz.1.1a install is liked against
libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 => /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2

is there a trick of somekind to get my j2sdk to link the java plugin against this library ? is it absolutely necessary ? and hints, or help would be greatly appreciated.......
ghost_o
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK,

one thing to check is that your $MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME is not set if you are running 2 different versions. Also, make sure that when you compile java that the libstdc that you downloaded is in the right directory for the compile as per the Java from scratch hint. This should link the proper library (otherwise it would not work anyhow) to the compiled version.

I had the same problem as you are having until I realized that no matter what I did, the $MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME variable was starting the same version of Mozilla everytime, despite what I thought I was starting. (Do not know why someone would make a program depend on an ENV variable that points to itself to begin with, but someone thought it was a good idea I guess)!

-G
zen_guerrilla
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My tiny (maybe little stupid) request. I' ve got an ftp server, could anyone send me his (athlon, athlon-xp) compiled java on a tbz2 ?
I know about sun' s license etc. but it' s for personal use so I guess it's ok.
Please send me private msg for details.

.:: zen ::.
IWBCMAN
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried recompiling again using the sun-jdk-1.4.0 emerge to do the compiling. I copied the libstc++ file into the $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386 and the libjava_oji140.so file is still not linking against the libstc++ file......I have done this six times now, and nothing seems to work.....
for refreshers
gcc3.2 emerged sun-jdk-1.4.0 mozilla 1.1 galeon2
installed and compiled jdsk-1.4.0 using downloaded libstdc++ file from hint page. PAths are fine-the compiled jdsk was copied to /opt/java/jdsk and I copied the /etc/env.d/java/20sun-jdk-1.4.0 and edited it, changing it to poijt to /opt/java/jdsk and did a java-config --set-system-vm=sun-jdk-1.4.0_01(ie. the newly named env file pointing to /opt/java/jdsk) ....Everything which needs java runs fine with the new jdsk, EXCEPT the libjava_oji140.so program needed to view java in mozilla/galeon...which is why I went to th trouble of compiling java in the first place.....

I appreciate the hints in response to my earlier posts, but I have double checked, triple checked and quadruple checked everything ---I know the steps now through rote memorization....for some reason the libstc++ is not being linked against the libjava_oji140.so file according to LDD

where else could I place the libstc++ file, so that it will be found and used...hell if somenody could send me their compiled libjava_oji140.so file (-march=i686) this nightmare would be over;)...I am pulling my hair out....
thanks in advance
vers_iq
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont if this will help, but try rename the link of java plugin for mozilla to javaplugin.so. tha works on my system,
Code:
shelt@localsystem plugins $ ls -l
total 1086
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         1024 Sep  4 19:11 .
drwxr-xr-x   10 root     root         2048 Sep  4 19:11 ..
-r--r--r--    1 504      504          2363 Mar 25 18:18 ShockwaveFlash.class
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           56 Sep  2 04:45 javaplugin.so -> ../../jsdk/jre/plugin/i386/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji140.so
-rwxrwxr-x    1 504      504        948056 Mar 25 18:17 libflashplayer.so
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        20240 Sep  4 19:11 libnullplugin.so
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root       129611 Aug 24 13:48 nppdf.so
IWBCMAN
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vers-iq

thanks, but that unfortunately doesn´t help
my libjavaplugin is not being linked against the correct libstc++ file
(ldd reports libstdc++5.XXXXX for my j2sdk compiled plugin and libstc++6.1xxxxx for my precompiled (2.95.2) javaplugin which I copied over from my SuSE partition.....this is why I suspect that the problem has to do with correctly linked libraries.....could be wrong, but it does make sense)
I installed the libstdc++6.1xxx file which I downloaded via the hint on the LFS hint page and installed it in $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386 as suggested in the hint page- by me $JAVA_HOME pointed to /opt/sun-jdk-1.4.0, ie. my emerged sun-jdk....I installed the j2sdk source in /usr/local/src/j2sdkxxxx)
I have done this compilation thing at least 8 times now, trying over and over again to get it write....no luck whatsoever, always the same problem....my copied libstc++6.1xxxx file is not being found during the linking process....I have double, tripple and quadruple checked all of my environment variable, my java vm and everything in the hint page.....no luck. I have pulled my hair out, I am now mostly bald.....I have also thought about buying a foam baseball bat to beat up my computer...at any rate, desperation aside, I do not know how to progress further.....there may be some little trick to get j2sdk to find this file, but it eludes me....every other part of my newly compiled j2sdk works fine...ie I can run forte and jedit and other progs without a problem.... but the libjavaplugin for mozilla simply refuses to work....I get no error messages, mozilla simply crashes........
If one has any suggestion about how to make the j2sdk find and correctly link against my libstc++6.1xxx file I would greatly appreciate it

on the other hand if someone wanted to be really nice they could email me their -march=i686 compiled javaplugin.....I am quite sure the sun would not be upset by such, if they knew the problems that I was having with their java vm, and they cared(which they don´t), they would email the file.....(email ddress is infwis@yahoo.com)
vers_iq
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IWBCMAN wrote:
I have pulled my hair out, I am now mostly bald.....I have also thought about buying a foam baseball bat to beat up my computer...at any rate, desperation aside, I do not know how to progress further.....there may be some little trick to get j2sdk to find this file, but it eludes me....every other part of my newly compiled j2sdk works fine...ie I can run forte and jedit and other progs without a problem.... but the libjavaplugin for mozilla simply refuses to work....I get no error messages, mozilla simply crashes........
If one has any suggestion about how to make the j2sdk find and correctly link against my libstc++6.1xxx file I would greatly appreciate it

Cool down man, smash up your machine wont solve a think. if u really follow the HINT instructions, it says the JDK is located in the source dir, there must be something behind it, hmm.. i dont know to be honest. since u use jdk from portage, try link the dir /opt/j2sdk... blabla whatever it is to the sorce dir.

About libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2, i'm not sure if this causes all the problem. i think tushar supllies this only for LFS user only, since gentoo already have it in /usr/lib part of lib-compat-1.x package. try to use this lib instead or not to use any lib at all, and drop any fancy flags for gcc, but
Code:
-O3 -march=pentium3 -pipe -s -fomit-frame-pointer -fforce-addr
works just fine on my machine.
IWBCMAN
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I have found at least one mistake that I have been making over and over again....

the libstdc++ file must be copied(cp/mv) into the$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386 directory AND then one must create a link to it, which renames the file....

I had simply linked the libstdc++ into the $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386 directrory. This might very well explain why my libjavaplugin was not linking against the correct libstdc++ file.....

don´t know yet if this solves the problem, will hopefully in a couple of hours, but it looks like this mistake, which I have repeatedly made, is sufficient to explain the problem, but I will hold final judgement until I see the the correction of this problem is the solution for the bigger problem of getting the libjavaplugin to work correctly....

edited:
Those directions on Tushars page confuse me....the file I am download is named libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 and this is thefile I am suppossedto be copying into $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386.....
but then I am supposed to
cd $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386
and do a
ln -sf libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2

this makes no sense to me at all
perhaps I don´t understad the syntax but it appears as if I am suppossed to link a non-existant file symbollicaly with a file which has the same name(and with the 'f' option which forcibly removes the file) ....either the name of file, which one downloads, has changed, or I totally msunderstnd the syntax, or this is an exercise in futility....

oh well, my hair is growing back;)

at any rate I will know if what I have done has made any difference at all....
garion911
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 4:52 pm    Post subject: same thing... Reply with quote

I've just recompiled Java myself, and run into the same thing. the java executable runs file, but the mozilla plugin crashes mozilla.

I did one thing different from all of you though: I never downloaded the libc++ file. I just went ahead and set the env vars..

here's an output of ldd libjavaplugin_oji140.so:

Code:

libXt.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6 (0x4004c000)
        libX11.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6 (0x400a6000)
        libstdc++.so.5 => /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/libstdc++.so.5 (0x40172000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x4023c000)
        libgcc_s.so.1 => /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x4025f000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x40267000)
        libSM.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.so.6 (0x4038f000)
        libICE.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.6 (0x40398000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x403b0000)

Mine seems much simpler than yours, but I run into the same problem.

FYI- I used CFLAGS=-march=pentium -O3 on mine (its for multiple machines, one which is a 233 pentium...)...

Heopfully we can track down whats going on and get this fixed! My girlfriend is getting pissed taht she can't play pogo.com!
ghost_o
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IWBCMAN wrote:
well I have found at least one mistake that I have been making over and over again....

the libstdc++ file must be copied(cp/mv) into the$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386 directory AND then one must create a link to it, which renames the file....

I had simply linked the libstdc++ into the $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386 directrory. This might very well explain why my libjavaplugin was not linking against the correct libstdc++ file.....

don´t know yet if this solves the problem, will hopefully in a couple of hours, but it looks like this mistake, which I have repeatedly made, is sufficient to explain the problem, but I will hold final judgement until I see the the correction of this problem is the solution for the bigger problem of getting the libjavaplugin to work correctly....

edited:
Those directions on Tushars page confuse me....the file I am download is named libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 and this is thefile I am suppossedto be copying into $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386.....
but then I am supposed to
cd $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386
and do a
ln -sf libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2

this makes no sense to me at all
perhaps I don´t understad the syntax but it appears as if I am suppossed to link a non-existant file symbollicaly with a file which has the same name(and with the 'f' option which forcibly removes the file) ....either the name of file, which one downloads, has changed, or I totally msunderstnd the syntax, or this is an exercise in futility....

oh well, my hair is growing back;)

at any rate I will know if what I have done has made any difference at all....

Don't know if you have done this, but make sure that you `unset $JAVA_HOME` before you compile the sdk. That is really the only way I can see it not working. You are following the steps in the hint like it says to.

-G
ghost_o
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IWBCMAN wrote:

is there a trick of somekind to get my j2sdk to link the java plugin against this library ? is it absolutely necessary ? and hints, or help would be greatly appreciated.......

IM'ed you
Tuxisuau
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not a "download the targz by yourself" ebuild?

I feel i've seen something like that somewhere...

And building java it's a great idea, specially if you own a gcc3.2-built system.
IWBCMAN
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I am still working at trying to get my libjavaplugin to work....I noticed that the LFS hints page has changed significantly, for one there is now a list of several patches to be download, not one j2sdk.patch like before, I now use the google cached version of the original and the new one....

On a more general note I wonder why mozilla needs this/that specific llibstdc++ file, I mean if I download the source from java and mozilla and compile both using the same compiler -why doesn´t this simply work ?

Perhaps, now that gcc3.2 is being more widely adopted, (gentoo1.4/SuSE8.1) etc, sun and mozilla will release precompiled versions(j2sdk/mozilla) written for gcc3.2 and/or modify their sources to work out-of-the-box with a corrcetly implemented gcc3.2 based linux system......
I have not played around engough with my compiled j2sdk(which works-except for the plugin) to really notice the effects of compilation, but being that java is notoriously slow, and an absolute resource monger-(java unlike anything else in the computing world can bring a P4 1.4MHZ system to its knees-significantly slower machines don´t have a prayer) I was hoping that a correctly optimized compilation of java might even make it, well snappy.........
Does anyone know if Opera needs the same libjavaplugin as mozilla......

I have looked around on the internet and I have yet to find precompiled binaries of java for gcc3.2...if someone knows where I could find such I would download it immediately, but of course finding the solution to my problem with j2sdk may help others, whcih is why I haven´t given up yet......

I trully love the idea of compiling this stuff myself-I learn a lot in this process and I have the feeling a) my machine is actually working-not idling the whole time and b) that being compiled with my optimizations programs are custom-built(tailored) to my system.....but it is somewhat discouraging when something works for almost everyone, and I am still sitting here fighting with it....although I do not expect this from small opensource projects, the big guys-like sun and mozilla should be releasing their stuff precompiled(and/or in source format-which compiles out-of-box) for different versions of gcc-I mean you know they have some gcc3.2 machines that they are using and if their source won´t compile correctly with different gcc versions(and did I mention intels compiler) that reflects badly on their code.......the same with openoffice

you would think, as in the case of openoffice, that they, the writers, could not compile the thing using anything gcc3.04 and by extension that they only could succefuilly compile because of the quirks(read *bugs*) of gcc3.04......I know that during the development of openoffice gcc3.2 was not out...and perhaps I am impatient-after all I am the dork insisting on using this bleeding-edge compiler technology.....
maxpower
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 7:18 pm    Post subject: Help! Reply with quote

I have two questions for anyone who is willing and able. First, is compiling the sun-jdk as described on lfs the only way to get the java plugin working with gcc3.2? Second, I followed the instructions given and my make is getting stuck here:
Code:

make[2]: Entering directory `/source/j2se/ext/plugin/build/solaris'
msgfmt -o /source/control/build/linux-i386/lib/locale/zh_TW.BIG5/LC_MESSAGES/sunw_java_plugin.mo ../../oji-plugin/src/motif/resources/zh_TW.BIG5/sunw_java_plugin.po
../../oji-plugin/src/motif/resources/zh_TW.BIG5/sunw_java_plugin.po:24: duplicate message definition
../../oji-plugin/src/motif/resources/zh_TW.BIG5/sunw_java_plugin.po:15: ...this is the location of the first definition
msgfmt: found 1 fatal error
make[2]: *** [/source/control/build/linux-i386/lib/locale/zh_TW.BIG5/LC_MESSAGES/sunw_java_plugin.mo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/source/j2se/ext/plugin/build/solaris'
make[1]: *** [plugin-all] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/source/j2se/make'
make: *** [j2se-build] Error 2

I don't have the j2sdk-image as desribed in the instructions, but under the build directory I do have the normal bin, lib, et al directories. I tried copying all these files to opt java then symlinking the plugin. When I try Mozilla, the plugin page correctly displays the plugin. I tried running the Tic-Tac-Toe applet example provided with the source and it works. But, I try the speed test on dslreports.com, which worked fine before, and although the applet loads, pressing the start button has no effect. Also, the instructions don't specify what to do with the patch files so I just ran
Code:
 patch -p <patchfile.patch
and cut and pasted the file it was trying to patch from the output it gave me, was this correct? Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

mAx
Code:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: