Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Working mmorpgs in wine
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sao98021
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 144
Location: Michigan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Working mmorpgs in wine Reply with quote

this thread was originally about one game, but now i'm changing it into more of a list of working mmorpgs (and probably a few others) within wine. going to try to test mostly new releases and betas

so far, SoulWorker functions almost flawlessly, some shader blanking issues but 100% playable.

Survived by is also new, works 100% aswell, the only thing is you need to load up steam, but launch the game separately from terminal

Underlight is a new release of an incredibly old game, it runs but the graphics freeze constantly.

(these are all running in steam with wine-staging-3.11)

blade & soul fails during installer, but also uses an AV that will most likely prevent the game from running if it ever were to install.

will add more in time, usually depends on the release time.. i can get a new game in about once a month, no more than 3 times


Last edited by sao98021 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:06 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 968
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played that for about a day years back. Seemed promising but it was backlogged for me behind other games. Never got around to it.

Then again, I still have barely played Witcher 3 and while I bought Fallout 4, I have never even installed it.
_________________
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sao98021
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 144
Location: Michigan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
I played that for about a day years back. Seemed promising but it was backlogged for me behind other games. Never got around to it.

Then again, I still have barely played Witcher 3 and while I bought Fallout 4, I have never even installed it.


i got pretty deep into it with some friends around its release date, then we moved to black desert. after some time there i disbanded my windows partition for good, i got m y gaming from ps4.

Few nights ago i got an itch to try it out, i knew black desert wouldn't run on wine for the same reasons that prevented aow all those years, but now that that has changed... it gives me hope that bdo will one day be useable in wine.

not holding my breath though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 968
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sao98021 wrote:
Few nights ago i got an itch to try it out, i knew black desert wouldn't run on wine for the same reasons that prevented aow all those years, but now that that has changed... it gives me hope that bdo will one day be useable in wine.

not holding my breath though.


Aye. It's like the Wolfenstein from 2009. I bought the disc version, absolutely love that game. But it's not in Steam so no chance to run it via proton.

I should check and see if it runs in wine now.
_________________
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sao98021
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 144
Location: Michigan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
sao98021 wrote:
Few nights ago i got an itch to try it out, i knew black desert wouldn't run on wine for the same reasons that prevented aow all those years, but now that that has changed... it gives me hope that bdo will one day be useable in wine.

not holding my breath though.


Aye. It's like the Wolfenstein from 2009. I bought the disc version, absolutely love that game. But it's not in Steam so no chance to run it via proton.

I should check and see if it runs in wine now.


Unfortunately for me and a few others nvidia never followed through on the promise of bringing vulkan support to these relatively older cards, even though the cards capable, so nothing has really changed with the release of proton, i still use good ol' standalone wine(wine-staging-3.11 to be exact) for gw2(which i dont even play but is installed and fuctional) and now aow and i'm pretty excited about that, i just may get back into it considering it's now one of the few that actually runs good.

also use playonlinux's for a few other games outside of my standalone wine.

man i miss wolfenstein, specifically the first one ever released on the original xbox way waay back, use to stay up during highschool playing that shit for days

---
OH! try it with that version of wine i listed, i started using it a few months ago when a bunch of noise was popping up about it making a few leaps forward(which you may or may not have heard about), it's worth the shot to give seeing what runs and what doesnt, a new shot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum