Joined: 07 Nov 2018
|Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:38 pm Post subject: Kernel 4.14.83 gets stuck on halt/reboot sequence
|So basically I have one of my PCs that goes without issues over kernel 4.9.140, but its giving me a lot of headaches over 4.14.83 or even 4.18.20.
Right now, the last one that I'm checking is that I cannot fully restart from 4.14.83, as the process gets stuck:
|The system is going down for reboot NOW!
INIT: Switching to runlevel: 6
INIT: Sending processes configured via /etc/inittab the TERM signal
INIT: version 2.91 reloading
* Stopping local ... [ ok ]
* Saving random seed ... [ ok ]
* Unmounting network filesystems ... [ ok ]
* Stopping metalog ... [ ok ]
* Unmounting loop devices
* Unmounting filesystems
* Unmounting /tmp ... [ ok ]
* Unmounting /boot ... [ ok ]
* Deactivating swap devices ... [ ok ]
* Stopping udev ... [ ok ]
* Setting hardware clock using the system clock [Local Time] ... [ ok ]
* Terminating remaining processes ... [ ok ]
* Killing remaining processes ... [ ok ]
* Saving dependency cache ... [ ok ]
* Remounting remaining filesystems as read-only ...
* Remounting / read only ... [ ok ]
On "Stopping udev", kernel 4.14.83 takes 10-20 seconds and get stuck on the last line. This process, the whole process, is taken care in less than 10 seconds with kernel 4.9.140. Any idea where could be the issue or why kernel 4.14.83 struggles to shutdown/reboot?
Kernel 4.9.140 config: https://pastebin.pl/view/332084ce
Kernel 4.14.83 config: https://pastebin.pl/view/e3e81a8e