Virtual Console Keyboard Delay/Repeat Rate
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SiberianSniper
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Virtual Console Keyboard Delay/Repeat Rate Reply with quote

On my desktop, I have everything working well with 4.17, but the update to 4.18 has caused the keyboard repeat rate to be too fast on the virtual console to type in my username or password reliably. I could probably fix this with a "kbdrate -d 500" or similar in /etc/local.d, but haven't yet tried.

The real problem is with my laptop... I encrypted the root partition in case the laptop gets stolen, but this means that I have to find a way to type a long key before it can start OpenRC, so the previous solution is out the window. The only thing I can think of now is copying /usr/local/portage from the desktop and running an older kernel on the laptop, but that's not a long-term solution.

tl;dr: Is there any way to slow the keyboard repeat rate as a kernel option, with the ramdisk, or any other solution that would work?
zajelo3
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:59 am    Post subject: Same issue. Reply with quote

Same issue here. Stared when I began using the 4.19.2-ck kernel. Key repeat rate is WAY too fast. It's not as much of an issue if you can see what you're typing. You can correct the mistakes. However, logging in from a TTY doesn't allow you to see what you are typing when you enter the password.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: