Issues subscribing to gentoo mailing lists
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flabrus
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject: Issues subscribing to gentoo mailing lists Reply with quote

Hope I'm posting this in a reasonable place. I asked on IRC and it was suggested that I file a bug on Bugzilla, but that didn't feel right for this kind of issue. So here I am.

Problem: I can't seem to get subscribed to the Gentoo mailing lists from my personal email address.

I can get subscribed using a Gmail account, using the same email client, so I am confident that I am not just doing something wrong.

I inquired with the support team for the service that hosts my personal email (Mailfence), and they state that they are not seeing the return messages that one would expect to be seeing upon sending a message to (example) gentoo-user+subscribe@lists.gentoo.org

My first thought is that the system isn't properly handling the address, since it has a .tech TLD. I've had a handful of issues with different systems that do not handle this domain as they should.

I'm hoping someone with the appropriate level of access will see this and can see what might be going wrong here. If more information is needed, please let me know!

Thanks for reading!
desultory
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really is appropriate to file a bug for that sort of thing. The set of users who frequent the forums and the set of those with access to check on the specifics of your problem are rather disjoint. Filing a bug, under the "Gentoo Infrastructure" "Product" and the "Mailing Lists" "Component", gets the problem to the attention of the right people.
flabrus
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

desultory wrote:
It really is appropriate to file a bug for that sort of thing.

desultory wrote:
Filing a bug, under the "Gentoo Infrastructure" "Product" and the "Mailing Lists" "Component", gets the problem to the attention of the right people.

Thank you for your reply, and for the explicit instructions.

I'll do that tomorrow.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: