View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G3ph4z
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Can't hide firefox's titlebar Reply with quote

Hello Guys,

so I have fresh install gentoo + XFCE. Everything was fine until I installed consolkit + pulseaudio. Since that I can't hide titlebar.
Its firefox-bin 63.0.1

Screenshot
arnvidr
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show what you've tried to hide it. Was it hidden before?
Hund
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that the window managers job? I don't see how either Consolekit or Pulseaudio has anything to do with it.

Maybe you had the option `Hide title of window when maximized` enabled before and it somehow got disabled now? You should find it in the settings `Window Manager Tweaks / Accessibility`. I don't use Xfce myself. I'm also pretty sure that you should be able to toggle the window decorations per client with a hotkey as well.

Edit: Why are you logged in as the root user and not as a regular user with limited permissions?
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that xfce not support full CSD (client side decoration), see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1419456
G3ph4z
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hund wrote:
Isn't that the window managers job? I don't see how either Consolekit or Pulseaudio has anything to do with it.

Maybe you had the option `Hide title of window when maximized` enabled before and it somehow got disabled now? You should find it in the settings `Window Manager Tweaks / Accessibility`. I don't use Xfce myself. I'm also pretty sure that you should be able to toggle the window decorations per client with a hotkey as well.

Edit: Why are you logged in as the root user and not as a regular user with limited permissions?

Yep, that's working, but I want to make work the firefox's built-in "title bar hiding" function (Customization/Title Bar checkbox) because its worked before I installed those things.

Because I didn't made user yet, its fresh install.

arnvidr wrote:

It was hidden before because the firefox's "hide title bar" functions worked fine until I installed consolekit and pulseaudio (and pavucontrol).

fedeliallalinea wrote:
It seems that xfce not support full CSD (client side decoration), see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1419456

Maybe, but its worked fine and also its works on my debian machine. I am a bit confused now. :/

EDIT:
It was also problem with my previous KDE setup.
Hund
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G3ph4z wrote:
Hund wrote:

Yep, that's working, but I want to make work the firefox's built-in "title bar hiding" function (Customization/Title Bar checkbox) because its worked before I installed those things.

Because I didn't made user yet, its fresh install.

arnvidr wrote:

It was hidden before because the firefox's "hide title bar" functions worked fine until I installed consolekit and pulseaudio (and pavucontrol).

fedeliallalinea wrote:

Maybe, but its worked fine and also its works on my debian machine. I am a bit confused now. :/

EDIT:
It was also problem with my previous KDE setup.

I understand. I didn't know about that since I use a tiling window manager myself. :)
Juippisi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XFce should support hiding titlebar. Have you checked in about:config that you have 'browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar = true'?

There was also some sort of variable you could force it on, but I don't remember it anymore. Check if 'env | grep XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP' does return xfce...

Also make absolutely sure you're using firefox-63, there was some dependency problems that downgraded it to 52 for some people.
G3ph4z
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juippisi wrote:
XFce should support hiding titlebar. Have you checked in about:config that you have 'browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar = true'?

There was also some sort of variable you could force it on, but I don't remember it anymore. Check if 'env | grep XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP' does return xfce...

Also make absolutely sure you're using firefox-63, there was some dependency problems that downgraded it to 52 for some people.

browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar = true, yes.

'env | grep XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP' it doesn't give back anything.

I'am absolutely sure its 63.0.1
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: