View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potuz
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: advice on children's software Reply with quote

Hello, I have a very new baby (about a year) and a very old Lenovo tablet (about 10 years) and I was hoping to compile some simple tactile software to give this baby some screen time (opposed direction to what's been appearing in the news I know).

In principle I can quickly code something like a simple version of the flocking fish app,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMpI1eCsIyM

Or even simpler divide the screen in 4 and play a different sound in each part... whatever, I was wandering if anyone here has been through this and has any advice on software that is open source. An available ebuild is a plus.
duane
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My little cousins loved bambam when I ran it for them. At the time, the youngest was under two years. I had to stop when he figured out how to pry the keys off my laptop keyboard. : )

It just shows pictures and makes noises when you hit any key. The older ones can draw with it using the mouse as well. It locks the screen so that you basically can't do anything until you type q-u-i-t.

https://github.com/porridge/bambam/
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: