Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrbassie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcih wrote:
mrbassie wrote:
Did his daughter go to a contemporary university?
:lol:
But no, it's much worse.

Mystery solved.

John-Boy wrote:
Marcih wrote:
mrbassie wrote:
Did his daughter go to a contemporary university?
:lol:
But no, it's much worse.

Women's studies.

Jb vomits

Oh, come on! There can never be enough degrees! How else could you raise the standard of education?
o'bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truekaiser wrote:
Naib wrote:
But has she or others ranted about removal (of via white males ) otherwise she is just being vocal of her agenda

From what i understand, 'edit:' ted tso is her next target. calling him a rape apologist.

Oh God. The irony when he pulls his code and we are all stuck with Reiserfs!
truekaiser
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o'bogamol wrote:
truekaiser wrote:
Naib wrote:
But has she or others ranted about removal (of via white males ) otherwise she is just being vocal of her agenda

From what i understand, 'edit:' ted tso is her next target. calling him a rape apologist.

Hah, didn't realize that. That funny enough that I kinda want to see that happen.
Morality124
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o'bogamol wrote:
truekaiser wrote:
Naib wrote:

Don't worry, there's always JFS by IBM.
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o'bogamol wrote:
truekaiser wrote:
Naib wrote:

Besides the fun, there is a culprit, arent it so? I call it GPL-v2. I just state this because I am not a lawyer ( IANAL)
mrbassie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morality124 wrote:
o'bogamol wrote:
truekaiser wrote:
Naib wrote:

Does it work?
truekaiser
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrbassie wrote:
Morality124 wrote:
o'bogamol wrote:
truekaiser wrote:
Naib wrote:

Does it work?

Last time I used it, it didn't like ungraceful shut downs.
o'bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truekaiser wrote:
o'bogamol wrote:
truekaiser wrote:
Naib wrote:

Hah, didn't realize that. That funny enough that I kinda want to see that happen.

:twisted:
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truekaiser wrote:
Last time I used it, it didn't like ungraceful shut downs.

++

So much this.

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An attempt to de-"inclusive" the kernel CoC is going on...
#

http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1810.0/05683.html

Quote:
In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we as
contributors and maintainers pledge to making participation in our project and
-our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body
-size, disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and
-expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality,
-personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.

+our community a harassment-free experience for everyone.

Good...

I have been thinking about this and based upon a number of 1st hand experiences of this type of people... They explicitly want INCLUSION. Its not good enough to say "no harassment", they want their particular sub-genre to be listed. The Kernel originally had a CodeOfConflict and it is questionable whether it was enforced, its aim was to deal with conflict if and when it occurred.
Some were not happy that conflicts were not dealt with (ok) but others did not feel included EVEN though the kernel and other FOSS development was some of the most non-exclusive there is... you provide, it is either accepted or rejected. That isn't good enough for certain people in society. Their way needs to be explicitly mentioned otherwise their interpretation is it is excluding them

This change should bring it closer to what is was and not provide a platform for special group having special protection when there is none needed... harassment is harassment and a lot of the left are EXTREMELY guilty of this *cough* rape apologist *cough* to hound individuals who don't agree..

Also

http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1810.0/05609.html

Quote:
-Enforcement
-===========
-
-Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be
-reported by contacting the Technical Advisory Board (TAB) at
-<tab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>. All complaints will be reviewed and
-investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and
-appropriate to the circumstances. The TAB is obligated to maintain
-confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident. Further details of
-specific enforcement policies may be posted separately.
-
-Maintainers who do not follow or enforce the Code of Conduct in good faith may
-face temporary or permanent repercussions as determined by other members of the
-projectâs leadership.

Stripping out the arbitrary punishment

Last edited by Naib on Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

++ Naib

They want us to celebrate their lifestyle, not just ignore it like professionals.

Kindness Evokes Kindness

truekaiser
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
#

Quote:
-our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body
-expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality,

Good...

I have been thinking about this and based upon a number of 1st hand experiences of this type of people... They explicitly want INCLUSION. Its not good enough to say "no harassment", they want their particular sub-genre to be listed. The Kernel originally had a CodeOfConflict and it is questionable whether it was enforced, its aim was to deal with conflict if and when it occurred.
Some were not happy that conflicts were not dealt with (ok) but others did not feel included EVEN though the kernel and other FOSS development was some of the most non-exclusive there is... you provide, it is either accepted or rejected. That isn't good enough for certain people in society. Their way needs to be explicitly mentioned otherwise their interpretation is it is excluding them

It's the classic redefining a word strategy so I win and you lose.
It's why they claim it's not racism against white people because, yada yada past historical event, yada yada power + privilege.
Plus if you didn't notice. The original wording would allow anyone without coding experience submit a patch. And they would be bared from denying it's entry into the kernel.
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamakuzure wrote:
notageek wrote:
Who is needlessly debating?

Why don't you just get on with the job and let CoC stay in its place?

Nobody is holding a gun to your head.
You didn't really read into the CC CoC, right?
Well, basically a CoC is a nice thing. It creates guidelines you can look up when in doubt. Something to get orientation.

The ContributorCovenant (CC) variant that gets pressed onto whoever doesn't say "no" firmly enough, pressed (and/or forced on) by its author CoralineAda, has some tiny flaws in it, which are undoubtedly intentional:
  • The list of examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:

• "Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting

This is a vague and unreasonable way of basically saying: "Whatever I don't like". This is bullshit and needs to be removed.
  • There is this part:

"Project maintainers have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, wiki edits, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to ban temporarily or permanently any contributor for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful."

Which simply gives them god like power to remove anyone without a clear defined reason. This section is bullshit.
  • "This Code of Conduct applies both within project spaces and in public spaces when an individual is representing the project or its community. Examples of representing a project or community include using an official project e-mail address, posting via an official social media account, or acting as an appointed representative at an online or offline event. Representation of a project may be further defined and clarified by project maintainers."

Or in other words, if they want to kick someone out, they just need to find anything from anytime and anywhere, define it as "deemed inappropriate" and simply declare the wrongdoing was while representing the project.
So actually these points give god like power to project team members, basically allowing the lead team to harass and to ban anybody they like to.

And you know what? CoralineAda has been caught countless times violating their own CC CoC - to silence critics.

https://news.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=12620976&cid=57325250 wrote:
The CC is an SJW vehicle promulgated by Coraline Ada and a related group of activist malcontents. While the CC appears on the surface to be a call of civility, it's actually the tip of a very long and exsanguatory anti-meritocracy spear, one that ultimately seeks to elevate high-verbal-IQ non-technical politics-playing San-Francisco-residing cliques of social justice advocates into positions of recognition and authority in the free software world and beyond. If you write code and you're good at it, these people are a direct threat to your status, your hobby, and your livelihood, because if these people get their way, your technical excellence becomes secondary to their wokeness.

And she doesn't even disguises her intention: https://twitter.com/CoralineAda/status/1041465346656530432

virtguru wrote:
Asch wrote:
https://twitter.com/_sagesharp_/status/1042769399596437504?lang=en

This whole COC business needs to stop. Now they are starting the character assassination campaign.
More will most likely follow, they will stop at nothing.

Sad days ... Sad days indeed
Erm, what's in there? (I am blocked, like anyone who has ever replied in a critical way to her/him/it.)

Here is a masterpiece of trolling the SJWs: https://github.com/ContributorCovenant/contributor_covenant/issues/569

Nice post, quoted it over on [H] ( https://hardforum.com/threads/linux-developers-threaten-to-pull-kill-switch.1968399/page-5#post-1043871958 ) as there are some dismissal type people there
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

truekaiser wrote:
Naib wrote:
#

Quote:

Good...

It's the classic redefining a word strategy so I win and you lose.
It's why they claim it's not racism against white people because, yada yada past historical event, yada yada power + privilege.
Plus if you didn't notice. The original wording would allow anyone without coding experience submit a patch. And they would be bared from denying it's entry into the kernel.

What they didn't realise (or chose to ignore) is ANYONE could submit patches irrespective of experience, race, colour, creed, <insert this moments inclusive term>
This CoC caused issues with how to reject because if it looks like a turd, smells like a turd, it's more than likely a turd BUT rejection isn't inclusive and that is the 2nd issue with this CoC (the 1st being special status). What's those pushing this CoC equally didn't appreciate is while Linus would jump down the throats of really bad patches, it was always towards those that he knew should know better. New patch providers were graded based upon their patch and description ... What does the colour of their hair matter to the patch and why is it relevant? A computer doesnt care, it will just do EXACTLY what it is told to AND that is why the reviews and the rejections are needed.

The code of conflict explained what todo when there was a ... Conflict. The code of conduct is stating how to behave all because some people do not feel included when the key is not being EXCLUDED.
Oerpi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So he submitted his patch to the Covenant itself and surprise the Issue was already closed.
virtguru
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oerpi wrote:
So he submitted his patch to the Covenant itself and surprise the Issue was already closed.

Given the responses there , why anyone would want to add such a CoC to a project blows my mind.

Honestly fail to see how some are more "protected" than others, what a justification. Whats next, they start handing out club
cards ? Platinum , Gold , Silver and Shit ?

Now can honestly say , remember the "good ol' days" where this crap was non existent ...
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

new update :) especially as upstream (the covenant) is being non-inclusive (oh the irony :) )

http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1810.1/06617.html

Quote:

+our community an effective and enriching experience to any sentient being
+in the Universe.
+Technical excellence should be the main focus of the community and any topics
+and discussions outside of the technical scope should not be relevant to the
+goals of the project.
+

Our Standards
=============
@@ -17,23 +19,22 @@ Our Standards
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment
include:

-* Using welcoming and inclusive language
-* Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
-* Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
-* Focusing on what is best for the community
-* Showing empathy towards other community members

+* Using welcoming and inclusive language.
+* Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences.
+* Gracefully accepting constructive criticism.
+* Focusing on what is best for the community.
+* Showing empathy towards other community members.
+* Use facts instead of opinions.

Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:

-* The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or
- advances
-* Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
-* Public or private harassment

+* Public or private harassment.
* Publishing othersâ private information, such as a physical or electronic
- address, without explicit permission
-* Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a
- professional setting

+ address, without explicit permission.
+* Discussion of topics that are not relevant to the focus of the project.
+* The use of gender, racial or any other non technical argument in order
+ to win a technical debate

Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Like other bad code, it's being patched out.

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Yamakuzure
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nails it: devrant: F*ck Off With All This CC Bullshit!
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamakuzure wrote:
Nails it: devrant: F*ck Off With All This CC Bullshit!

:D :D :D

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Dr.Willy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do y'all like this one? (SQLite)
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote