Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Dantrell's GNOME Without Systemd Project (Part 2)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

99ninetynine wrote:
Is it possible to add iio-sensor-proxy without systemd?

Done.

It builds but I haven't checked to see if it actually works and if it needs an OpenRC init script, I didn't provide one.

Have fun. :twisted:

Edit: While doing some cleanups I noticed that I forgot a couple patches that deal with GNOME:
  • automatically suspending after 20 minutes of inactivity (GNOME bug #681869)
  • preventing suspend on laptops when an external monitor is plugged in (GNOME bug #734964)
so those are live now.
Shibotto
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:

This actually happened to me yesterday for the first time and I almost thought it was a poltergeist 8O
Served me right for not having updated my Gentoo in a week :lol:

Also now that I finally migrated my desktop, I'd like to report something about gnome-contacts:
Code:
WARNING: Unknown options: "maps, with-cheese, with-manpage"
[...]
meson.build:57:2: ERROR:  Native dependency 'cheese' not found

The relevant upstream changes that need to be taken into account are:

Sorry but I don't have time to track down the Maps problem right now, also I use it, so... :lol:
saboya
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
Edit: While doing some cleanups I noticed that I forgot a couple patches that deal with GNOME:

That one caught me off-guard again. I got flashbacks of anger...

Anyway, thanks for your amazing work. I might be mistaken but I believe this is your fastest release yet. I guess the Meson migration finally paid off :)

Btw, gnome-base/gnome-shell-3.30.1 is failing due to mutter-clutter dependency:

Code:
Native dependency mutter-clutter-3 found: NO found '3.30.0' but need: '>= 3.30.1'

meson.build:93:0: ERROR:  Invalid version of dependency, need 'mutter-clutter-3' ['>= 3.30.1'] found '3.30.0'.
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shibotto wrote:
This actually happened to me yesterday for the first time and I almost thought it was a poltergeist 8O

When it happened to me I had a similar fright.

Running a nested X session doesn't give you that much insulation (which I already knew beforehand but I knew it afterwards too). :lol:

Shibotto wrote:
Also now that I finally migrated my desktop, I'd like to report something about gnome-contacts [...]

I believe I have corrected this issue.

P.S. This reminded me that I forgot about the valadoc package so I haphazardly put one together. But anyone with USE="doc" enabled globally will probably experience build failures if that use flag refers to generating Vala programming documentation since I haven't spliced out valadoc from Vala 0.38.0 (and later) and some packages will complain about that.

This is a low priority issue but I'll be getting around to it.

Edit: I was bored so I got around to it. :P

All relevant versions of valadoc have been spliced out. As far as I can tell, I didn't miss anything and it solved the versioning issue. However, GNOME Contacts still doesn't build with USE="doc". To rule out my haphazard packaging, I reproduced the same issue with a vanilla version of Vala so I guess valadoc is probably still broken on Gentoo.

I'm not so bored that I want to fix this so any package that fails to build against valadoc will just have USE="doc" masked.

saboya wrote:
That one caught me off-guard again. I got flashbacks of anger...

I saw the suspend countdown while I testing at one point, cancelled it in a hurry and then promptly forgot about it.

My bad. :oops:

saboya wrote:
Anyway, thanks for your amazing work. I might be mistaken but I believe this is your fastest release yet. I guess the Meson migration finally paid off :)

Meson actually slowed me down. :twisted:

saboya wrote:
Btw, gnome-base/gnome-shell-3.30.1 is failing due to mutter-clutter dependency [...]

Sync up and you should be good to go.
Spargeltarzan
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dantrell,

I have install problems with enchant-2.1.3 on GNOME 3.30.

Code:

Detected file collision(s):
 *    /usr/share/man/man1/enchant.1.bz2
 * Searching all installed packages for file collisions...
 * Press Ctrl-C to Stop
 * app-text/enchant-1.6.1:0::dantrell-gnome
 *    /usr/share/man/man1/enchant.1.bz2
 * Package 'app-text/enchant-2.1.3' NOT merged due to file collisions. If
 * necessary, refer to your elog messages for the whole content of the
 * above message.

Portage pulls in enchant-1.6.1 and 2.1.3 slotted.

I do not know why because both dependencies should be resolved using version 2.1.3 since webkit-gtk shows dependency on >=0.22
Code:

equery d enchant
 * These packages depend on enchant:
app-text/gspell-1.8.1 (>=app-text/enchant-2.1.3:2)
net-libs/webkit-gtk-2.22.2 (spell ? >=app-text/enchant-0.22:0)

Any advice? :)

Spargeltarzan

Notebook: Lenovo YOGA 900-13ISK: Gentoo stable amd64, GNOME systemd, KVM/QEMU
Desktop-PC: Intel Core i7-4770K, 8GB Ram, AMD Radeon R9 280X, ZFS Storage, GNOME openrc, Dantrell, Xen
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
saboya wrote:
Btw, gnome-base/gnome-shell-3.30.1 is failing due to mutter-clutter dependency [...]

Sync up and you should be good to go.

I forgot a small change but it shouldn't have affected anything.

Spargeltarzan wrote:
I have install problems with enchant-2.1.3 on GNOME 3.30.

I was able to reproduce and correct this issue.

I didn't detect it earlier because 2.2.3 builds fine and I forgot about stable. ;)

Spargeltarzan wrote:
Portage pulls in enchant-1.6.1 and 2.1.3 slotted.

This is correct as it avoids changing code just to support a newer version of Enchant.

Spargeltarzan wrote:
I do not know why because both dependencies should be resolved using version 2.1.3 since webkit-gtk shows dependency on >=0.22 [...]

You read that wrong. It depends on >=0.22:0.

That is, any version equal to or greater than 0.22 that is in slot 0 (which is where Enchant 1 is).
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: New install of GNOME without systemd Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm trying to install GNOME without systemd by following this Wiki page.

However, got a problem.
Trying to do the direct installation. I made the appropriate files (for 3.24), installed Git and tried to sync.

The command

Code:

emaint sync --auto

failed with python exception

Quote:

raise InvalidAtom(self)
portage.exception.InvalidAtom: dev-python/recaptcha-client::dantrell-gnome-3.24

Thank you.
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dantrell,

However, got a problem.
Trying to do the direct installation. I made the appropriate files (for 3.24), installed Git and tried to sync.

The command

Code:

emaint sync --auto

failed with python exception

Quote:

raise InvalidAtom(self)
portage.exception.InvalidAtom: dev-python/recaptcha-client::dantrell-gnome-3.24

Thank you.
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONEEYEMAN wrote:

First of all, you are following an alternative track install guide which is even less unofficially supported (i.e. if you follow it, you should already know your way around).

The official documentation is here. It assumes you already installed Gentoo and are running OpenRC. From there it's matter of installing the project overlays and updating @world.

ONEEYEMAN wrote:

That said, I only support installation via Layman. The direct installation method works but as previously stated, you should already be familiar with it.

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
[...] portage.exception.InvalidAtom: dev-python/recaptcha-client::dantrell-gnome-3.24

The project overlays don't touch this package so you definitely have a problem but I'm going to say it's on your end.

I don't know what went wrong here so my suggestion is to rollback to a working Gentoo install running OpenRC with clean emerge output and then follow the official documentation.
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell,
Thank you for the reply.
Yes, I figured that much.

So I just rolled back and started the "official" install of GNOME based on the instructions here.

I'm updating the tree right now and hopefully I will be done by tomorrow.

BTW, I'm doing re-install of the system on the machine you helped me in the past (There was a long thread about GNOME update). Trouble is there was a faulty hard drive and after changing it I'm doing re-install with everything (and not just basic stuff).

So, thank you once again.

I put a new hard drive in and upgraded RAM to make it x2. So hopefully it will be faster. ;-)

Thank you once again.
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONEEYEMAN wrote:

I guess that means you got everything straightened out?

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
BTW, I'm doing re-install of the system on the machine you helped me in the past (There was a long thread about GNOME update).

I remember that thread. Good times. :twisted:
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
dantrell wrote:

ONEEYEMAN wrote:

I guess that means you got everything straightened out?

Yes, system update finished successfully and I'm installing gnome as I type.

dantrell wrote:

ONEEYEMAN wrote:

BTW, I'm doing re-install of the system on the machine you helped me in the past (There was a long thread about GNOME update).

I remember that thread. Good times. :twisted:

Yes, apparently the machine had a faulty hard drive. But that was fine to do.

Thank you. once again.
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I found myself looking at Gentoo's Bugzilla for GNOME related issues and became aware of Gentoo bug #664228 (tracked upstream on freedesktop.org bug #107298) that involved a user-switching related regression in AccountsService.

I went ahead and corrected this but what really stood out were Gentoo bugs:
  • #653786 ([...] won't generate thumbnails without bubblewrap installed); and
  • #654096 ([...] won't generate thumbnails for video files even with bubblewrap)
As some of you already know, I haven't been able to get bubblewrap to work on Gentoo at all but apparently it does so I'll be making time to look into this again since (allegedly) more stuff is going to use bubblewrap in the future.

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
Yes, system update finished successfully and I'm installing gnome as I type.

I'm also just going to assume the install was successful too. :twisted:
jlpoole
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dantrell,

I'm installing Gentoo on a new "Dell Inspiron 17 5000 Series Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 4GB AMD Graphics - 1080p" (Costco $899 on 10/8/2018) using the Sakaki OpenRC path. I elected not to follow the Bootstrapping the Base System (Optional but Recommended) and now find myself blocked on the installation of gnome-base/gnome-control-center. I'm blocked within the section starting at https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Sakaki%27s_EFI_Install_Guide/Setting_up_the_GNOME_3_Desktop_under_OpenRC#ready_to_install_gnome at the subsection entitled "You may need to repeat this step multiple times to get GNOME emerged successfully "
Code:

taurus ~ # MAKEOPTS="-j1" EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--jobs=1" emerge --ask --verbose gnome-base/gnome && echo "GNOME emerged OK" || echo "GNOME emerge not yet completed"

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  N     ] gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.4:2::dantrell-gnome-3-24  USE="bluetooth colord cups elogind gnome-online-accounts ibus networkmanager wayland -debug -kerberos -libinput (-systemd) -v4l -vanilla-datetime -vanilla-hostname" INPUT_DEVICES="-wacom" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] media-gfx/simple-scan-3.24.1::dantrell-gnome-3-24  USE="colord (-packagekit)" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] app-editors/gedit-3.22.1::dantrell-gnome  USE="introspection python spell -test -vala" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_6 -python3_4 -python3_5 (-python3_7)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_6 -python3_4 -python3_5 (-python3_7)" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] gnome-base/gnome-shell-3.24.3-r1::dantrell-gnome-3-24  USE="bluetooth elogind ibus networkmanager -browser-extension -deprecated-background -nsplugin (-systemd) -vanilla-gc -vanilla-motd -vanilla-screen" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_6 -python3_4 -python3_5 (-python3_7)" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] gnome-base/gdm-3.24.3-r1::dantrell-gnome-3-24  USE="branding elogind introspection ipv6 plymouth tcpd wayland -accessibility -audit -fprint (-selinux) -smartcard (-systemd) -test -xinerama" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] gnome-extra/gnome-tweak-tool-3.24.1::dantrell-gnome-3-24  PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] app-eselect/eselect-gnome-shell-extensions-20180306::gentoo  0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] x11-terms/gnome-terminal-3.24.2::dantrell-gnome-3-24  USE="deprecated-transparency gnome-shell nautilus -debug -vanilla-hotkeys" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] gnome-extra/gnome-shell-extensions-3.24.3::dantrell-gnome-3-24  USE="-examples" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] gnome-base/gnome-core-apps-3.24.0:3.0::dantrell-gnome-3-24  USE="bluetooth cdr cups" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] gnome-base/gnome-extra-apps-3.24.0:3.0::dantrell-gnome-3-24  USE="bijiben epiphany evolution fonts games recipes share shotwell simple-scan todo -anjuta -boxes -builder -california -empathy (-flashback) -geary -gnote -latexila -multiwriter -tracker" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] gnome-base/gnome-shell-common-0.0.1-r1::dantrell-gnome  0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] gnome-base/gnome-3.24.0:2.0::dantrell-gnome-3-24  USE="bluetooth cdr classic cups extras -accessibility" 0 KiB

Total: 13 packages (13 new), Size of downloads: 0 KiB

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No] n

Quitting.

GNOME emerge not yet completed
taurus ~ #

It looks like the gnome-control-center is a dependency for other programs so this appears to be an essential package.

The point of error occurs at:
Code:

../panels/mouse/.libs/libmouse-properties.a(gsd-device-manager.o): In function `gsd_device_manager_get':
gsd-device-manager.c:(.text+0x7c9): undefined reference to `gsd_udev_device_manager_get_type'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [Makefile:825: gnome-control-center] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.4/work/gnome-control-center-3.24.4/shell'

Here's output at the end of the attempted build:
Code:

* Messages for package gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.4:

* Package:    gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.4
 * Repository: dantrell-gnome-3-24
 * Maintainer: gnome@gentoo.org
 * USE:        abi_x86_64 amd64 bluetooth colord cups elibc_glibc elogind gnome-online-accounts ibus kernel_linux networkmanager userland_GNU wayland
 * FEATURES:   preserve-libs sandbox userpriv usersandbox
 * Applying gnome-control-center-3.24.2-user-accounts-prevent-segfault-when-user-list-is-empty.patch ...
 * Applying gnome-control-center-3.24.2-optional.patch ...
 * Applying gnome-control-center-3.24.4-optional-wayland.patch ...
 * Applying gnome-control-center-3.24.2-optional-networkmanager.patch ...
 * Applying gnome-control-center-3.24.2-optional-cups.patch ...
 * Applying gnome-control-center-3.24.2-gentoo-paths.patch ...
 * Applying gnome-control-center-3.24.2-fix-without-gdkwayland.patch ...
 * Applying gnome-control-center-3.18.2-disable-automatic-datetime-and-timezone-options.patch ...
 * Applying gnome-control-center-3.18.2-disable-changing-hostname.patch ...
 * Running eautoreconf in '/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.4/work/gnome-control-center-3.24.4' ...
 * Running intltoolize --automake --copy --force ...
 * Running libtoolize --install --copy --force --automake ...
 * Running aclocal -I m4 -I libgd ...
 * Running autoconf --force ...
 * Running autoheader ...
 * Running automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing ...
 * Disabling deprecation warnings ...
 * ERROR: gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.4::dantrell-gnome-3-24 failed (compile phase):
 *   emake failed
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.4::dantrell-gnome-3-24'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.4::dantrell-gnome-3-24'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.4/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.4/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.4/work/gnome-control-center-3.24.4'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.4/work/gnome-control-center-3.24.4'
taurus ~ #

Below is the "emerge --info" and "emerge -pqy...". My impression is that I should not log
a bug within Gentoo's bug system since this package arises from an overlay.
Code:

taurus ~ # emerge --info '=gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.4::dantrell-gnome-3-24'
Portage 2.3.49 (python 3.6.5-final-0, targets/desktop/gnome/extended, gcc-7.3.0, glibc-2.26-r7, 4.14.65-gentoo x86_64)
=================================================================
                         System Settings
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-4.14.65-gentoo-x86_64-Intel-R-_Core-TM-_i7-8550U_CPU_@_1.80GHz-with-gentoo-2.4.1
KiB Mem:    16333740 total,  10854032 free
KiB Swap:   20971516 total,  20971004 free
Timestamp of repository gentoo: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 18:30:01 +0000
Head commit of repository gentoo: cdc6e184adb300da7d8ce0adc64f8fcc2c31ef27
Head commit of repository sakaki-tools: a8efa8d4713244056e3ef06a5156b92c947cb37d

Head commit of repository dantrell-gnome-3-14: 92e547eafef3e5485ec18819e31cf633e1e3a080

Head commit of repository dantrell-gnome-3-16: 84468d430ee7779e30527916670b92c9eddfc07d

Head commit of repository dantrell-gnome-3-18: 008269ef02e651309ce40f34290c37f80673c22a

Head commit of repository dantrell-gnome-3-20: 1e6fa314202557dc83719bada61b2c7b44ee186e

Head commit of repository dantrell-gnome-3-22: d7ce2768b248d472e69a8a543836e741444f7387

Head commit of repository dantrell-gnome-3-24: 3c44dbe5593c74c651f82d6938bb1441affb1b1a

Head commit of repository dantrell-gnome-3-26: ec47e5db900ce0a6c1cc40c4acca4806d7a31374

Head commit of repository dantrell-gnome-3-28: d9d6f4ec3b27770f68b16ccd57e494cb95c5b0c2

Head commit of repository dantrell-gnome-3-30: d2a6c710057415c9cec9dd535e82dace957a56bb

Head commit of repository dantrell-gnome: 3c2377bfb81bad1d292839ca69e2dae61c4a1b27

sh bash 4.4_p12
ld GNU ld (Gentoo 2.30 p5) 2.30.0
app-shells/bash:          4.4_p12::gentoo
dev-lang/perl:            5.24.3-r1::gentoo
dev-lang/python:          2.7.15::gentoo, 3.6.5::gentoo
dev-util/cmake:           3.9.6::gentoo
dev-util/pkgconfig:       0.29.2::gentoo
sys-apps/baselayout:      2.4.1-r2::gentoo
sys-apps/openrc:          0.29::dantrell-gnome
sys-apps/sandbox:         2.13::gentoo
sys-devel/autoconf:       2.13::gentoo, 2.69-r4::gentoo
sys-devel/automake:       1.11.6-r3::gentoo, 1.15.1-r2::gentoo
sys-devel/binutils:       2.30-r4::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc:            7.3.0-r3::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc-config:     1.8-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/libtool:        2.4.6-r3::gentoo
sys-devel/make:           4.2.1-r4::gentoo
sys-kernel/linux-headers: 4.13::gentoo (virtual/os-headers)
sys-libs/glibc:           2.26-r7::gentoo
Repositories:

gentoo
    sync-type: rsync
    sync-uri: rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage
    priority: -1000
    sync-rsync-verify-max-age: 24
    sync-rsync-verify-jobs: 1
    sync-rsync-verify-metamanifest: yes
    sync-rsync-extra-opts:

sakaki-tools
    sync-type: git
    sync-uri: https://github.com/sakaki-/sakaki-tools.git
    masters: gentoo
    priority: 50

dantrell-gnome-3-14
    sync-uri: https://github.com/dantrell/gentoo-overlay-dantrell-gnome-3-14.git
    priority: 100

dantrell-gnome-3-16
    sync-uri: https://github.com/dantrell/gentoo-overlay-dantrell-gnome-3-16.git

dantrell-gnome-3-18
    sync-uri: https://github.com/dantrell/gentoo-overlay-dantrell-gnome-3-18.git

dantrell-gnome-3-20
    sync-uri: https://github.com/dantrell/gentoo-overlay-dantrell-gnome-3-20.git

dantrell-gnome-3-22
    sync-uri: https://github.com/dantrell/gentoo-overlay-dantrell-gnome-3-22.git

dantrell-gnome-3-24
    sync-uri: https://github.com/dantrell/gentoo-overlay-dantrell-gnome-3-24.git

dantrell-gnome-3-26
    sync-uri: https://github.com/dantrell/gentoo-overlay-dantrell-gnome-3-26.git

dantrell-gnome-3-28
    sync-uri: https://github.com/dantrell/gentoo-overlay-dantrell-gnome-3-28.git

dantrell-gnome-3-30
    sync-uri: https://github.com/dantrell/gentoo-overlay-dantrell-gnome-3-30.git

dantrell-gnome
    sync-uri: https://github.com/dantrell/gentoo-overlay-dantrell-gnome.git
    priority: 150

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="@FREE CC-Sampling-Plus-1.0"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/gnupg/qualified.txt"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/dconf /etc/env.d /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--jobs=9 --load-average=8"
ENV_UNSET="DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS DISPLAY PERL5LIB PERL5OPT PERLPREFIX PERL_CORE PERL_MB_OPT PERL_MM_OPT XAUTHORITY XDG_CACHE_HOME XDG_CONFIG_HOME XDG_DATA_HOME XDG_RUNTIME_DIR"
FCFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-logs buildpkg config-protect-if-modified distlocks ebuild-locks fixlafiles merge-sync multilib-strict news parallel-fetch preserve-libs protect-owned sandbox sfperms split-elog strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch userpriv usersandbox usersync xattr"
FFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.osuosl.org/ http://gentoo.cs.utah.edu/"
LANG="en_US.utf8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
MAKEOPTS="-j9 -l8"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --omit-dir-times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --human-readable --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --exclude=/.git"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
USE="X a52 aac acl acpi alsa amd64 berkdb bluetooth branding bzip2 cairo cdda cdr cli colord crypt cups cxx dbus dri dts dvd dvdr eds elogind encode evo exif fam flac fortran gdbm gif glamor gnome gnome-keyring gnome-online-accounts gpm gtk3 gtkstyle iconv introspection ipv6 jpeg lcms ldap libnotify libsecret libtirpc mad mng mp3 mp4 mpeg multilib nautilus ncurses nls nptl ogg opengl openmp pam pango pcre pdf png policykit ppds pulseaudio readline sdl seccomp spell ssl startup-notification svg tcpd tiff truetype udev udisks unicode upower usb vorbis wayland x264 xattr xcb xml xv xvid zlib" ABI_X86="64" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" APACHE2_MODULES="authn_core authz_core socache_shmcb unixd actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" CALLIGRA_FEATURES="karbon plan sheets stage words" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap syslog" CPU_FLAGS_X86="aes avx avx2 f16c fma3 mmx mmxext pclmul popcnt sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin garmintxt gpsclock isync itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf skytraq superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ublox ubx" INPUT_DEVICES="libinput" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSIONS="presenter-console presenter-minimizer" OFFICE_IMPLEMENTATION="libreoffice" PHP_TARGETS="php5-6 php7-1" POSTGRES_TARGETS="postgres9_5 postgres10" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_6" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby23" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="intel i965" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"
Unset:  CC, CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, CXX, INSTALL_MASK, LC_ALL, LINGUAS, PORTAGE_BINHOST, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

taurus ~ # emerge -pqv '=gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.4::dantrell-gnome-3-24'
[ebuild  N    ] gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.4  USE="bluetooth colord cups elogind gnome-online-accounts ibus networkmanager wayland -debug -kerberos -libinput (-systemd) -v4l -vanilla-datetime -vanilla-hostname" INPUT_DEVICES="-wacom"
taurus ~ #

I'm wondering the problem concerns a driver for the mousepad?

Suggestions?
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlpoole wrote:
The point of error occurs at:
Code:

../panels/mouse/.libs/libmouse-properties.a(gsd-device-manager.o): In function `gsd_device_manager_get':
gsd-device-manager.c:(.text+0x7c9): undefined reference to `gsd_udev_device_manager_get_type'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [Makefile:825: gnome-control-center] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.4/work/gnome-control-center-3.24.4/shell'

I distinctly recall this issue and if it's what I think it is then I have a bit of patching to do.

To help me confirm, please install an earlier version of GNOME Control Center:

Code:
emerge --ask --nodeps --oneshot =gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.3

jlpoole
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the information you requested:
Code:
taurus ~ # emerge --ask --nodeps --oneshot =gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.3

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "=gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.3".
taurus ~ #
jlpoole
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like 23 and other odd numbered version do not appear:
Code:
taurus ~ # ls /usr/local/portage/
dantrell-gnome       dantrell-gnome-3-20  dantrell-gnome-3-28
dantrell-gnome-3-14  dantrell-gnome-3-22  dantrell-gnome-3-30
dantrell-gnome-3-16  dantrell-gnome-3-24  sakaki-tools
dantrell-gnome-3-18  dantrell-gnome-3-26
taurus ~ #

Do you want me to try 3-22?
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlpoole wrote:
Here is the information you requested [...]

I forgot to say that you need to sync up first.
jlpoole
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to successfully install 24-3:
Code:
taurus ~ # emerge --ask --nodeps --oneshot =gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.3

[ebuild  N     ] gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.3  USE="bluetooth colord cups elogind gnome-online-accounts ibus networkmanager wayland -debug -kerberos -libinput (-systemd) -v4l -vanilla-datetime -vanilla-hostname" INPUT_DEVICES="-wacom"

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No]
>>> Verifying ebuild manifests
>>> Emerging (1 of 1) gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.3::dantrell-gnome-3-24
>>> Installing (1 of 1) gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.3::dantrell-gnome-3-24
>>> Jobs: 1 of 1 complete                           Load avg: 3.38, 1.11, 0.39

* Messages for package gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.3:

* Package:    gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.3
 * USE:        abi_x86_64 amd64 bluetooth colord cups elibc_glibc elogind gnome-online-accounts ibus kernel_linux networkmanager userland_GNU wayland
 * Applying gnome-control-center-3.24.2-user-accounts-prevent-segfault-when-user-list-is-empty.patch ...
 * Applying gnome-control-center-3.24.2-optional.patch ...
 * Applying gnome-control-center-3.24.2-optional-wayland.patch ...
 * Applying gnome-control-center-3.24.2-optional-networkmanager.patch ...
 * Applying gnome-control-center-3.24.2-optional-cups.patch ...
 * Applying gnome-control-center-3.24.2-gentoo-paths.patch ...
 * Applying gnome-control-center-3.24.2-fix-without-gdkwayland.patch ...
 * Applying gnome-control-center-3.18.2-disable-automatic-datetime-and-timezone-options.patch ...
 * Applying gnome-control-center-3.18.2-disable-changing-hostname.patch ...
 * Running eautoreconf in '/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.3/work/gnome-control-center-3.24.3' ...
 * Running intltoolize --automake --copy --force ...
 * Running libtoolize --install --copy --force --automake ...
 * Running aclocal -I m4 -I libgd ...
 * Running autoconf --force ...
 * Running autoheader ...
 * Running automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing ...
 * Final size of build directory: 122308 KiB (119.4 MiB)
 * Final size of installed tree:   28556 KiB ( 27.8 MiB)
 * Updating .desktop files database ...
 * Updating icons cache ...
>>> Auto-cleaning packages...

>>> No outdated packages were found on your system.

* GNU info directory index is up-to-date.
taurus ~ #

Would you like me to try moving forward and skipping gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24 to see if the others down the line install? I will await further word. Also, feel free to ping me privately if you would like to take this off line.
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlpoole wrote:
I was able to successfully install 24-3 [...]

It was what I thought it was then.

There was a regression in 3.24.4 which I made a note to correct but it slipped through the cracks.

jlpoole wrote:
Would you like me to try moving forward and skipping gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24 to see if the others down the line install?

Please do.

I believe that there should be no remaining issues.
jlpoole
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I proceeded with:
Code:
taurus ~ # MAKEOPTS="-j1" EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--jobs=1" emerge --ask --verbose gnome-base/gnome && echo "GNOME emerged OK" || echo "GNOME emerge not yet completed" --skipfirst

and the next package, media-gfx/simple-scan-3.24.1, failed. Full screen log is at: https://pastebin.com/PuchHBiL

Error segment:
Code:
rm -f simple_scan_vala.stamp && echo stamp > simple_scan_vala.stamp-t
CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd . && /usr/bin/valac-0.42 --pkg=posix --pkg=zlib --pkg=gusb --pkg=gio-2.0 --pkg=gtk+-3.0 --gresources=../data/simple-scan.gresource.xml --debug --target-glib 2.38 -D HAVE_COLORD   -C config.vapi book.vala book-view.vala colord.vapi fixes.vapi packagekit-glib2.vapi page.vala page-view.vala sane.vapi simple-scan.vala scanner.vala ui.vala autosave-manager.vala
page.vala:90.5-90.39: error: Property `Page.scan_direction' with custom `get' accessor and/or `set' mutator cannot have `default' value
    public ScanDirection scan_direction
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ui.vala:1295.25-1295.80: warning: Gtk.Arrow.new has been deprecated since 3.14
ui.vala:1867.13-1867.31: warning: Gtk.Application.add_accelerator has been deprecated since 3.14
ui.vala:1868.13-1868.31: warning: Gtk.Application.add_accelerator has been deprecated since 3.14
ui.vala:1869.13-1869.31: warning: Gtk.Application.add_accelerator has been deprecated since 3.14
ui.vala:1870.13-1870.31: warning: Gtk.Application.add_accelerator has been deprecated since 3.14
ui.vala:1871.13-1871.31: warning: Gtk.Application.add_accelerator has been deprecated since 3.14
ui.vala:1872.13-1872.31: warning: Gtk.Application.add_accelerator has been deprecated since 3.14
ui.vala:1873.13-1873.31: warning: Gtk.Application.add_accelerator has been deprecated since 3.14
ui.vala:1019.9-1019.23: warning: Gtk.Menu.popup has been deprecated since 3.22
Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 9 warning(s)
make[1]: *** [Makefile:655: simple_scan_vala.stamp] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/simple-scan-3.24.1/work/simple-scan-3.24.1/src'
make: *** [Makefile:399: all-recursive] Error 1
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlpoole wrote:
I proceeded with:
Code:
taurus ~ # MAKEOPTS="-j1" EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--jobs=1" emerge --ask --verbose gnome-base/gnome && echo "GNOME emerged OK" || echo "GNOME emerge not yet completed" --skipfirst

and the next package, media-gfx/simple-scan-3.24.1, failed.

I'll spin up a GNOME 3.24 install myself but it might take a bit.

Simple Scan shouldn't be blocking at all though so you should be able to finish with:

Code:
emerge --ask --keep-going gnome

jlpoole
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas. Skipped media-gfx/simple-scan-3.24.1, and failed on app-editors/gedit-3-22.1. Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/EGxgSxDQ
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlpoole wrote:
Alas. Skipped media-gfx/simple-scan-3.24.1, and failed on app-editors/gedit-3-22.1.

The idea is to keep repeating the command I gave until you are sure nothing else builds. :wink:

Anyway, I'll have GNOME 3.24 spun in the next hour (or two).
jlpoole
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I continued until nothing more:
Code:
(1) taurus ~ # emerge --ask --keep-going gnome

[ebuild  N     ] gnome-base/gnome-core-apps-3.24.0  USE="bluetooth cdr cups"
[ebuild  N     ] media-gfx/simple-scan-3.24.1  USE="colord (-packagekit)"
[ebuild  N     ] gnome-base/gnome-extra-apps-3.24.0  USE="bijiben epiphany evolution fonts games recipes share shotwell simple-scan todo -anjuta -boxes -builder -california -empathy (-flashback) -geary -gnote -latexila -multiwriter -tracker"
[ebuild  N     ] gnome-base/gnome-3.24.0  USE="bluetooth cdr classic cups extras -accessibility"

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No]
>>> Verifying ebuild manifests
>>> Emerging (1 of 4) gnome-base/gnome-core-apps-3.24.0::dantrell-gnome-3-24
>>> Emerging (2 of 4) media-gfx/simple-scan-3.24.1::dantrell-gnome-3-24
>>> Installing (1 of 4) gnome-base/gnome-core-apps-3.24.0::dantrell-gnome-3-24
>>> Failed to emerge media-gfx/simple-scan-3.24.1, Log file:
>>>  '/var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/simple-scan-3.24.1/temp/build.log'
>>> Jobs: 1 of 4 complete, 1 failed                 Load avg: 0.27, 0.41, 0.23
*** Resuming merge...
 * emerge --keep-going: gnome-base/gnome-extra-apps-3.24.0 dropped because it
 * requires >=media-gfx/simple-scan-3.24.0
 * emerge --keep-going: gnome-base/gnome-3.24.0 dropped because it requires
 * >=gnome-base/gnome-extra-apps-3.24.0

* Messages for package media-gfx/simple-scan-3.24.1:

* Package:    media-gfx/simple-scan-3.24.1
 * USE:        abi_x86_64 amd64 colord elibc_glibc kernel_linux userland_GNU
 * ERROR: media-gfx/simple-scan-3.24.1::dantrell-gnome-3-24 failed (compile phase):
 *   emake failed
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=media-gfx/simple-scan-3.24.1::dantrell-gnome-3-24'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=media-gfx/simple-scan-3.24.1::dantrell-gnome-3-24'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/simple-scan-3.24.1/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/simple-scan-3.24.1/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/simple-scan-3.24.1/work/simple-scan-3.24.1'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/simple-scan-3.24.1/work/simple-scan-3.24.1'

* Messages for package gnome-base/gnome-core-apps-3.24.0:

* Package:    gnome-base/gnome-core-apps-3.24.0
 * USE:        abi_x86_64 amd64 bluetooth cdr cups elibc_glibc kernel_linux userland_GNU
 * Final size of build directory: 4 KiB
 * Final size of installed tree:  4 KiB

* Messages for package gnome-base/gnome-extra-apps-3.24.0:

* emerge --keep-going: gnome-base/gnome-extra-apps-3.24.0 dropped because it
 * requires >=media-gfx/simple-scan-3.24.0

* Messages for package gnome-base/gnome-3.24.0:

* emerge --keep-going: gnome-base/gnome-3.24.0 dropped because it requires
 * >=gnome-base/gnome-extra-apps-3.24.0
 * The following 3 packages have failed to build, install, or execute
 * postinst:
 *  (media-gfx/simple-scan-3.24.1:0/0::dantrell-gnome-3-24, ebuild scheduled for merge), Log file:
 *   '/var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/simple-scan-3.24.1/temp/build.log'
 *  (gnome-base/gnome-extra-apps-3.24.0:3.0/3.0::dantrell-gnome-3-24, ebuild scheduled for merge)
 *  (gnome-base/gnome-3.24.0:2.0/2.0::dantrell-gnome-3-24, ebuild scheduled for merge)

* GNU info directory index is up-to-date.
(1) taurus ~ #

I did pick up some extra packages by doing the repeat, and now there are none. I'll await further suggestion or perhaps trying the version you are currently working on. Probably retiring early tonight (Pacific Daylight Time) and may pick up early tomorrow morning. Thank you.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 7 of 16

Jump to: