[solved] thunderbird crashes in drag and drop
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lovelytux
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject: [solved] thunderbird crashes in drag and drop Reply with quote

Hey,
i used to work with two grafik cards, nvidia, nvidia-driver, with two monitors, one screen (xinerama on) and xfce4 with lightdm. Since few days thunderbird crashes during drag and drop. I deactivated all plugs no change.
/var/log/messages
Code:
kernel: traps: thunderbird[10201] trap int3 ip:7f1108cc6d61 sp:7fff5378d6     f0 error:0

Starting on console shows error:
https://paste.pound-python.org/show/VRiu6su2N4niHW7peAdc/

I did it with mathe desktop thunderbird works. I deactivated nvidia-drivers and xinerama und use it with one monitor, then thunderbird works too with xfce4.

Thanks for help!

lovelytux

----------------

Hey,
in the meantime I did it with the nouveau driver. The Problem is the same.

lovelyltux

[Moderator edit: Moved poster's self-response into main post, then deleted that self-response to return the thread to the unanswered list.

OP: Generally, if post length permits, you should edit extra information into your first post instead of replying to it. Some users run a canned search for threads with zero replies as a way of finding posts to answer. When you replied to yourself, you removed your thread from that list, even though you were not replying to announce that the thread was solved. Thus, they would no longer see your thread on the list of unanswered threads.
-Hu]

Thanks to Mod! :)

Last edited by lovelytux on Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
lovelytux
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,
Meanwhile similar issues comes up with Firefox.
I found the issue: Deactivate composite in xfce4. Now thunderbird an firefox works fine.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: