View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmpogo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Interesting failure to updade kinit to kinit-5.50.0 Reply with quote

Updading kde-frameworks to 5.50.0 unexpectedly lead to failure to update kdeinit with the following error

Code:

>>> Completed installing kinit-5.50.0 into /scratch/wheeler/portage/kde-frameworks/kinit-5.50.0/image/

* Final size of build directory: 3360 KiB (3.2 MiB)
 * Final size of installed tree:   360 KiB

strip: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-strip --strip-unneeded -R .comment -R .GCC.command.line -R .note.gnu.gold-version
   usr/lib64/libkdeinit5_klauncher.so
   usr/bin/kdeinit5_wrapper
   usr/bin/kdeinit5
   usr/bin/kdeinit5_shutdown
   usr/bin/kwrapper5
   usr/lib64/libexec/kf5/start_kdeinit
   usr/bin/kshell5
   usr/lib64/libexec/kf5/klauncher
   usr/lib64/libexec/kf5/start_kdeinit_wrapper
ecompressdir: bzip2 -9 /usr/share/doc
ecompressdir: bzip2 -9 /usr/share/man
!!! Failed to copy extended attributes. In order to avoid this error,
!!! set FEATURES="-xattr" in make.conf.
!!! copy /scratch/wheeler/portage/kde-frameworks/kinit-5.50.0/image/usr/lib64/libexec/kf5/start_kdeinit -> /usr/lib64/libexec/kf5/start_kdeinit failed.
!!! Filesystem containing file '/usr/lib64/libexec/kf5/start_kdeinit#new' does not support extended attribute 'security.capability'

There are two issues -

first of all it is the first time I see such requirement to the filesystem while doing minor update for the packages. I don't see any description of that in news or ebuild

secondly, my root partition on which /usr/lib64/libexec/kf5/ resides is EXT4 mounted as

Code:

mount
/dev/sda2 on / type ext4 (rw,noatime,block_validity,delalloc,barrier,user_xattr,acl)

not sure where the problem is ? If I look at my kernel configuration, I see that ext4 does not have enabled 'CONFIG_EXT4_FS_SECURITY'. Is that it ? Kernel help says
"Security labels support alternative access control models mplemented by security modules like SELinux. This option enables an extended attribute handler for file security labels in the ext4 filesystem.
If you are not using a security module that requires using extended attributes for file security labels, say N. "

Do I now need it to run KDE ?? Is it what USE flag 'caps' (enabled by default) for kinit does ? (But it was enabled for kinit-5.46.0 as well, which was installed with no problems)
dmpogo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, USE='-caps' solves the issue, but why it was not needed before ? Also, among use flags, I am confused about usage of 'caps' and 'filecaps'
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: