Firefox problem with profiles [SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgnut57
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:46 am    Post subject: Firefox problem with profiles [SOLVED] Reply with quote

After updating (ran emerge -uD world for the first time in 2-3 months), I cannot get Firefox to start properly.

If I select an existing profile, or I create a new profile, I get this message:

Code:
JavaScript error: jar:file:///usr/lib64/firefox/omni.ja!/components/XULStore.js, line 65: Error: Can't find profile directory.

1538717642042   addons.webextension.{1ced4832-f06e-413f-aa14-9eb63ad40ace}   WARN   Please specify whether you want browser_style or not in your browser_action options.
console.log: Accessibility service init or shutdown observer does not exist.
JavaScript error: jar:file:///usr/lib64/firefox/browser/omni.ja!/components/nsBrowserGlue.js, line 1028: NS_ERROR_FAILURE: Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIIdleService.removeIdleObserver]

My home directory is on an NFS server, which is still updating. I have rebooted the client, where firefox is running. I have restarted all the nfs* and rpc* services on the server, with no improvement.

I also notice that Chrome is very slow to start. Also, I get the same error on another Gentoo machine that I similarly just updated, but a Linux Mint machine that also relies on the same NFS server for home directories doesn't seem to have any problems.

Here is something interesting: if I run either "firefox --new-instance" or other programs such as vncviewer under strace, I get a hang for 30 seconds or thereabouts at this point:
Code:
readlink("/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-hinting-slight.conf", "../conf.avail/10-hinting-slight."..., 4095) = 36
stat("../conf.avail/10-hinting-slight.conf", ^Cstrace: Process 18715 detached

This 30 second hang only happens if my PWD is my home directory. Since I use the automounter and nfs ../conf.avail maps to /home/.conf.avail which doesn't exist. If I cd to another directory, "../conf.avail/" still doesn't exist, but the response is fast.

However, even if I cd to another directory, firefox still shows the same problem accessing the profile.

Edit: editing my nfs exports and autofs setup resulted in the profile being loaded. The original error message is still there, but firefox is now working.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: