[SOLVED]lxqt-session-9999 fails to build
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pourpier
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED]lxqt-session-9999 fails to build Reply with quote

Hello,
I am using LXQt from the qt overlay. I got an update today of lxqt-session which gave me this error when emerging it.
Here is the link for it: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/7HAfNHvOCC6WFltxh8DU/
Best regards,
pourpier

Last edited by pourpier on Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

From a quick look, this looks similar to what happens when building with 'distcc' (happens with 'lxqt-session-0.13.0' as well).

Are you using 'distcc'?

Please try disabling it for this package (or just while building this package), and see if that helps (also try disabling 'ccache', if using it).

If that's not it, please pastebin the full build log, and preferably the output from 'emerge --info' too.
pourpier
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

Chiitoo wrote:
From a quick look, this looks similar to what happens when building with 'distcc' (happens with 'lxqt-session-0.13.0' as well).

Are you using 'distcc'?

Please try disabling it for this package (or just while building this package), and see if that helps (also try disabling 'ccache', if using it).

If that's not it, please pastebin the full build log, and preferably the output from 'emerge --info' too.

Hello Chiitoo!
I don't use distcc.
The emerge --info is here: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/coZ5fqJTBRl3cgAaS59Y/
The build.log: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/ZX3QxDksCPtETiulORb3/

Cheers
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

It seems like your 'lxqt-base/liblxqt' package might be out-of-date when compared to 'lxqt-session' ('liblxqt' should be built first).

I like to use 'app-portage/smart-live-rebuild', which is pretty handy for updating live (9999 etc.) packages.

As a sidey-note, since I see your installation is of the 'stable' kind (ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"), I might suggest you use the 0.13.0 version instead, which is finally in Portage (or has been for a while now), and which we'll be getting to 'stable' soon. Unless, of course, you specifically want 9999. :]
pourpier
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiitoo wrote:
Thanks!

It seems like your 'lxqt-base/liblxqt' package might be out-of-date when compared to 'lxqt-session' ('liblxqt' should be built first).

I like to use 'app-portage/smart-live-rebuild', which is pretty handy for updating live (9999 etc.) packages.

As a sidey-note, since I see your installation is of the 'stable' kind (ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"), I might suggest you use the 0.13.0 version instead, which is finally in Portage (or has been for a while now), and which we'll be getting to 'stable' soon. Unless, of course, you specifically want 9999. :]

Here is the output of eix for liblxqt:
Code:
eix liblxqt
[I] lxqt-base/liblxqt
     Available versions:  0.11.0-r1 (**)9999[1] {policykit}
     Installed versions:  9999[1](21:28:51 29/05/18)(policykit)
     Homepage:            http://lxqt.org/
     Description:         Common base library for the LXQt desktop environment

I did resync the qt overlay
And the output of emerging liblxqt gives this:
Code:
sudo emerge -av1 lxqt-base/liblxqt

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R   *] lxqt-base/liblxqt-9999:0/9999::qt [9999:0/0::qt] USE="policykit" 0 KiB

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 KiB

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No]

So I can't have a version of liblxqt newer than the one I have.
Several months ago I had an issue with the panel and the LXQt team on GitHub wouldn't help me as the version 0.11 was obsolete. They told me to upgrade to 0.13 and see if the issue would happen again. So I installed the qt overlay as the version 0.13 was not in the official Gentoo repos. In the meantime I have installed several packages so quitting the 9999 version would be my last resort.
If possible I would like to find a solution for lxqt-session as all the other new packages related to lxqt did compile without issues.
Do you have any other idea?
Cheers

Added 'code' tags for terminal/log output, to keep their formatting and make things more readable-like.Chiitoo
pourpier
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Chiitoo!

The problem came from file collisions. I tried sudo emerge -av1 liblxqt and at the end it could not be merged because of file collisions. I solved these file collisions and then I emerged lxqt-session again which had also file collisions.
I did solve them by renaming the files. And finally it emerge OK.
Best regards,
pourpier
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pourpier wrote:
Here is the output of eix for liblxqt:
Code:
eix liblxqt
[I] lxqt-base/liblxqt
     Available versions:  0.11.0-r1 (**)9999[1] {policykit}
     Installed versions:  9999[1](21:28:51 29/05/18)(policykit)
     Homepage:            http://lxqt.org/
     Description:         Common base library for the LXQt desktop environment

Notice the date when this was installed? There's been 83 commits to 'liblxqt' since you emerged it, and that's what I meant by it being out-of-date when compared to 'lxqt-session'. In a way, it's the same thing if you were mixing the 0.11.0 versions with 0.13.0.

When you install a '9999' (or '99999999') package, Portage will not automagically keep it up to date. You'll have to re-emerge it yourself, which is why the 'smart-live-rebuild' is very handy, because it checks for updates on packages like these, so you don't have to blindly re-emerge them, or go check upstream repositories if there have been new commits.

I still believe the real fix is to re-emerge all the packages related to LXQt. :]

Quote:
Several months ago I had an issue with the panel and the LXQt team on GitHub wouldn't help me as the version 0.11 was obsolete. They told me to upgrade to 0.13 and see if the issue would happen again. So I installed the qt overlay as the version 0.13 was not in the official Gentoo repos

Yeah, it wasn't, but it is there now. :]

Edit:

On that note, it looks like your 'eix' database might be out of date, too, since it isn't showing 0.13.0. Have you been doing 'eix-update' at all?
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also moved from Portage & Programming to Unsupported Software, since this ended up being mostly about the ebuilds from the overlay, instead of ebuilds available via the official Gentoo ebuild repository.
pourpier
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiitoo wrote:
Also moved from Portage & Programming to Unsupported Software, since this ended up being mostly about the ebuilds from the overlay, instead of ebuilds available via the official Gentoo ebuild repository.

Thanks a lot for the tip about smart-live-rebuild. I had to rebuild 17 packages and everything is OK now!
Best regards,
pourpier
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!

Glad it helped. :]
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: