ParseError: Parent 'dantrell-gnome:releases/17.0' not found
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
necktwi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: ParseError: Parent 'dantrell-gnome:releases/17.0' not found Reply with quote

I am trying to compile gcc-8.0 for my raspberrypi 3b
Code:

$ aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu-emerge sys-devel/gcc
!!! Unable to parse profile: '/etc/portage/make.profile'
!!! ParseError: Parent 'dantrell-gnome:releases/17.0' not found: '/var/lib/layman/dantrell-gnome-3-26/profiles/default/linux/amd64/17.0/parent'

!!! /etc/portage/make.profile is not a symlink and will probably prevent most merges.
!!! It should point into a profile within /usr/portage/profiles/
!!! (You can safely ignore this message when syncing. It's harmless.)

!!! Your current profile is invalid. If you have just changed your profile
!!! configuration, you should revert back to the previous configuration.
!!! Allowed actions are limited to --help, --info, --search, --sync, and
!!! --version.
Juippisi
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dantrell-gnome's support thread:
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1082226-start-75.html

You can re-make the symlinks if they don't work. Have you enabled dantrell-gnome (the BASE repository)? You need it with dantrell-gnome-3-26.
necktwi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want dantrell gnome on my RPI. How to use the default profile
dantrell
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

necktwi wrote:
I don't want dantrell gnome on my RPI.

How'd it get there?

necktwi wrote:
How to use the default profile

Please reference the Choosing the right profile section of Gentoo Handbook and adjust for architecture as needed.
necktwi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed dantrell gnome on my PC. When I ran crossdev -t aarch-unknow-linux-gnu to compile gentoo for my RPi, I think it picked up the dantrell overlay. How to remove it from aarch-unknow-linux-gnu environment. eselect profile lists amd64 profiles of the host. How to list aarch-unknown-linux-gnu profiles?
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

necktwi wrote:
I installed dantrell gnome on my PC. When I ran crossdev -t aarch-unknow-linux-gnu to compile gentoo for my RPi, I think it picked up the dantrell overlay. How to remove it from aarch-unknow-linux-gnu environment. eselect profile lists amd64 profiles of the host. How to list aarch-unknown-linux-gnu profiles?

necktwi ... crossdev is severly broken in the way it selects CROSSDEV_OVERLAY, and can place its files within whatever repo (ie, layman added overlays) is first in the list of PORTDIR_OVERLAY. Subsequently it will pick up overlay specific configuration (like profile/*).

You can get around this by providing '--ov-output /path/to/overlay' when creating the crossdev ... but now its done you can probably only fix it by hand, ie, going through the stuff crossdev dumped in /var/lib/layman/dantrell-gnome-3-26/cross-* and moving it elsewhere.

best ... khay
dantrell
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khayyam wrote:
necktwi wrote:

necktwi ... crossdev is severly broken in the way it selects CROSSDEV_OVERLAY, and can place its files within whatever repo (ie, layman added overlays) is first in the list of PORTDIR_OVERLAY. Subsequently it will pick up overlay specific configuration (like profile/*).

You can get around this by providing '--ov-output /path/to/overlay' when creating the crossdev ... but now its done you can probably only fix it by hand, ie, going through the stuff crossdev dumped in /var/lib/layman/dantrell-gnome-3-26/cross-* and moving it elsewhere.

This crossdev gotcha is covered in the Crossdev section of the Custom repository Wiki page.

You can either untangle the mess by hand (like khayyam said) or start over.
necktwi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I've reset crossdev aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu, I couldn't remove dantrell overlay. The same error has been reproduced even after I've done the following
Re-initialize crossdev guest:
crossdev -C aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu
mkdir -p /usr/local/portage-crossdev/{profiles,metadata}
echo 'crossdev' > /usr/local/portage-crossdev/profiles/repo_name
echo 'masters = gentoo' > /usr/local/portage-crossdev/metadata/layout.conf
chown -R portage:portage /usr/local/portage-crossdev
vi /usr/local/portage-crossdev/metadata/layout.conf
<!--
masters = gentoo
thin-manifests = true
-->
vi /etc/portage/repos.conf/crossdev.conf
<!--
[crossdev]
location = /usr/local/portage-crossdev
priority = 10
masters = gentoo
auto-sync = no
-->
crossdev -t aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu
sudo emerge-wrapper --target aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu --init
dantrell
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

necktwi wrote:
Though I've reset crossdev aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu, I couldn't remove dantrell overlay.

You should setup your RPi from scratch and to be sure nothing unrelated shows up, you should remove any overlays from your PC before setting up crossdev (you can add them back later).
necktwi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried
Code:

# layman -d dantrell-genome-3-26

but still
Code:

# eselect profile list
  [61]  dantrell-gnome-3-26:default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop/gnome/3.26 (stable)
  [62]  dantrell-gnome-3-26:default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop/gnome/3.26/extended (stable)
  [63]  dantrell-gnome-3-26:default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/gnome/3.26 (stable)
  [64]  dantrell-gnome-3-26:default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/gnome/3.26/extended (stable)

How to delete it?

I did
Code:

# layman -s dantrell-genome-3-24
# elselect profile set dantrell-gnome-3-24:default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop/gnome/3.24/extended (stable)
# emerge --deep --with-bdeps=y --changed-use --update --ask --verbose @world
>>> Failed to emerge gnome-base/dconf-0.26.1, Log file:

Code:

$ emerge --info '=gnome-base/dconf-0.26.1::dantrell-gnome'|wgetpaste
Your paste can be seen here: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/YXqEszruMXb2aN9elwRb/

Code:

$ emerge -pqv '=gnome-base/dconf-0.26.1::dantrell-gnome'
[ebuild     UD] gnome-base/dconf-0.26.1 [0.28.0] USE="-test"

!!! The following installed packages are masked:
- net-wireless/gnome-bluetooth-3.28.2::dantrell-gnome-3-28 (masked by: package.mask)
/var/lib/layman/dantrell-gnome/profiles/targets/desktop/gnome/3.24/package.mask:
# Masked to freeze the state of GNOME

- net-libs/gnome-online-accounts-3.26.2::dantrell-gnome-3-26 (masked by: package.mask)
- gnome-base/gsettings-desktop-schemas-3.28.1::dantrell-gnome-3-28 (masked by: package.mask)
- gnome-base/gnome-shell-3.26.2-r2::dantrell-gnome-3-26 (masked by: package.mask)
- gnome-base/gdm-3.26.2.1::dantrell-gnome-3-26 (masked by: package.mask)
- dev-libs/libgweather-3.26.2::dantrell-gnome-3-26 (masked by: package.mask)
- gnome-extra/gnome-color-manager-3.26.0::dantrell-gnome-3-26 (masked by: package.mask)
- gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.26.2::dantrell-gnome-3-26 (masked by: package.mask)
- gnome-extra/evolution-data-server-3.26.6::dantrell-gnome-3-26 (masked by: package.mask)
- dev-libs/libical-3.0.3::dantrell-gnome (masked by: package.mask)
- gnome-base/gnome-keyring-3.28.2::dantrell-gnome-3-28 (masked by: package.mask)
- net-libs/glib-networking-2.56.1::dantrell-gnome-3-28 (masked by: package.mask)
- gnome-base/gnome-session-3.26.1::dantrell-gnome-3-26 (masked by: package.mask)
- dev-libs/totem-pl-parser-3.26.1::dantrell-gnome (masked by: package.mask)
- sci-geosciences/geocode-glib-3.25.4.1::dantrell-gnome (masked by: package.mask)
- gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-3.26.2-r1::dantrell-gnome-3-26 (masked by: package.mask)
- dev-python/pygobject-3.28.3::dantrell-gnome-3-28 (masked by: package.mask)
- gnome-base/gvfs-1.34.2.1-r1::dantrell-gnome-3-26 (masked by: package.mask)
- net-libs/libsoup-2.62.3::dantrell-gnome-3-28 (masked by: package.mask)
- gnome-base/gnome-desktop-3.28.2::dantrell-gnome-3-28 (masked by: package.mask)
- x11-themes/adwaita-icon-theme-3.28.0::dantrell-gnome-3-28 (masked by: package.mask)
- gnome-base/libgtop-2.38.0::dantrell-gnome (masked by: package.mask)
- dev-libs/gjs-1.52.3::dantrell-gnome-3-28 (masked by: package.mask)
- gnome-extra/zenity-3.28.1::dantrell-gnome-3-28 (masked by: package.mask)
- dev-libs/atk-2.28.1::dantrell-gnome-3-28 (masked by: package.mask)
- x11-wm/mutter-3.28.3::dantrell-gnome-3-28 (masked by: package.mask)
- dev-libs/json-glib-1.4.2-r2::dantrell-gnome (masked by: package.mask)
- app-accessibility/at-spi2-atk-2.26.2::dantrell-gnome (masked by: package.mask)
- x11-libs/vte-0.52.2::dantrell-gnome-3-28 (masked by: package.mask)
- dev-python/pyatspi-2.26.0::dantrell-gnome (masked by: package.mask)
- app-accessibility/at-spi2-core-2.28.0-r2::dantrell-gnome-3-28 (masked by: package.mask)
For more information, see the MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

Code:

$ cat /var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/dconf-0.26.1/temp/build.log | wgetpaste
Your paste can be seen here: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/I3xMggtxodBJmkRrr6XI/

Code:

$ cat /var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/dconf-0.26.1/temp/environment | wgetpaste
Your paste can be seen here: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/i9UzsgVVOudfbAi9cJ2Y/
dantrell
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

necktwi wrote:
How to delete it?

If what you tried didn't work then you either didn't follow the official documentation or you did something that inadvertently changed something in /etc/portage and/or /var/lib/layman and is now preventing an automated cleanup. Such as:

khayyam wrote:

So as previously mentioned, you can either untangle the mess by hand or start over.

Your PC should be corrected first and then your RPi should installed correctly from scratch with the crossdev gotcha in mind.

There is a solution here but it's unrelated to GNOME Without Systemd as this likely would have happened regardless if you didn't initially specify an overlay for crossdev.

That said, personally, I think you are trying to do too many complex things at once without understanding the underlying mechanisms (especially in the event where something goes wrong). Both GNOME Without Systemd and Crossdev work independently but if you want to use both then you need to be familiar with both in addition to Portage, Layman and Git (the latter three being things you definitely should be familiar with for long-term Gentoo use).

Good luck.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: