Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyxcb_connection_has_error()
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n05ph3r42
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyxcb_connection_has_error() Reply with quote

After switching from slim to ssdm, from time to time experiencing error
Code:
Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyxcb_connection_has_error()

when tryin to run anything with GUI.
This bug appears after login. Usually i can start some programs right after login, but after few seconds i'm getting this error.
Re-login mostly fixes this issue.

WM is xfwm 4.12, but with slim there was no issues.
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

n05ph3r42 ...

how are you aquiring network/IP, are you requesting hostname via dhcp? If you can reproduce then please post the output of the following (from the same shell as the above error is produced):

Code:
% hostname
% xauth list | cut -d" " -f1
% egrep '^[^#]' /etc/conf.d/hostname

best ... khay
n05ph3r42
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khayyam wrote:
n05ph3r42 ...

how are you aquiring network/IP, are you requesting hostname via dhcp? If you can reproduce then please post the output of the following (from the same shell as the above error is produced):

Code:
% hostname
% xauth list | cut -d" " -f1

best ... khay

Code:
xauth list | cut -d" " -f1
localhost.localdomain/unix:1
localhost.localdomain/unix:0
localhost/unix:0

hostname is not specified as you can see.

im using NetworkManager to get IP from router. I mean there is no dedicated dhcp server, etc. hostname is not set in configs.
Also it is a local login, not remote.
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

n05ph3r42 wrote:
Code:
xauth list | cut -d" " -f1
localhost.localdomain/unix:1
localhost.localdomain/unix:0
localhost/unix:0

hostname is not specified as you can see.

n05ph3r42 ... I still need to see the output of 'hostname', if dhcpcd is in use (or other standards complient dhcp clients) then it may be being supplied with a hostname from the dhcpcd server:

man dhcpcd wrote:
If the hostname is currently blank, (null) or localhost, or force_hostname is YES or TRUE or 1 then dhcpcd sets the hostname to the one supplied by the DHCP server.

Note that hostname, and the setup of /etc/hosts to reflect that hostname, is in the handbook and should be set.

Also, I'm not sure about those xauth tokens, or why you would have three ... one of which is on a seperate unix-domain socket.

best ... khay
n05ph3r42
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k,
Code:
$ hostname
localhost.localdomain

hostname is still localhost. whoah.

Code:
egrep '^[^#]' /etc/conf.d/hostname
hostname="localhost"

why it should be different? im at home.

Also there is no dchpd, like i already said, i use Network manager. And router i use for dhcp is not giving any hostnames. Definitely.
Code:

$ rc-status -a
Runlevel: default
 acpid                                                                                                                                                                                           [  started  ]
 xdm-setup                                                                                                                                                                                       [  started  ]
 dbus                                                                                                                                                                                            [  started  ]
 consolekit                                                                                                                                                                                      [  started  ]
 xdm                                                                                                                                                                                             [  started  ]
 NetworkManager                                                                                                                                                                                  [  started  ]
 dnscrypt-proxy                                                                                                                                                                                  [  started  ]
 laptop_mode                                                                                                                                                                                     [  started  ]
 ntpd                                                                                                                                                                                            [  started  ]
 thermald                                                                                                                                                                                        [  started  ]
 tor                                                                                                                                                                                             [  started  ]
 local                                                                                                                                                                                           [  started  ]
Runlevel: shutdown
 savecache                                                                                                                                                                                       [  stopped  ]
 killprocs                                                                                                                                                                                       [  stopped  ]
 mount-ro                                                                                                                                                                                        [  stopped  ]
Runlevel: boot
 hwclock                                                                                                                                                                                         [  started  ]
 sysctl                                                                                                                                                                                          [  started  ]
 modules                                                                                                                                                                                         [  started  ]
 fsck                                                                                                                                                                                            [  started  ]
 root                                                                                                                                                                                            [  started  ]
 mtab                                                                                                                                                                                            [  started  ]
 swap                                                                                                                                                                                            [  started  ]
 localmount                                                                                                                                                                                      [  started  ]
 bootmisc                                                                                                                                                                                        [  started  ]
 termencoding                                                                                                                                                                                    [  started  ]
 keymaps                                                                                                                                                                                         [  started  ]
 loopback                                                                                                                                                                                        [  started  ]
 hostname                                                                                                                                                                                        [  started  ]
 urandom                                                                                                                                                                                         [  started  ]
 procfs                                                                                                                                                                                          [  started  ]
 binfmt                                                                                                                                                                                          [  started  ]
 zram-init                                                                                                                                                                                       [  started  ]
 alsasound                                                                                                                                                                                       [  started  ]
Runlevel: nonetwork
 local                                                                                                                                                                                           [  started  ]
Runlevel: sysinit
 devfs                                                                                                                                                                                           [  started  ]
 kmod-static-nodes                                                                                                                                                                               [  started  ]
 sysfs                                                                                                                                                                                           [  started  ]
 udev                                                                                                                                                                                            [  started  ]
 dmesg                                                                                                                                                                                           [  started  ]
 udev-trigger                                                                                                                                                                                    [  started  ]
 cgroups                                                                                                                                                                                         [  started  ]
Dynamic Runlevel: hotplugged
Dynamic Runlevel: needed/wanted
Dynamic Runlevel: manual

Extra sockets...
I'm using android studio with emulator (qemu), maybe it creates some extra sockets? Ah, also there is a VirtualBox. Not sure which program else can use these sockets... Malware?
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

n05ph3r42 wrote:
Code:
$ hostname
localhost.localdomain

n05ph3r42 ... hostname shouldn't return '.domain' (at least not without '-f', or '--fqdn').

Code:
hostname="aporia"
% egrep '127.*aporia' /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 aporia.localdomain aporia localhost
% hostname
aporia
% hostname -d
localdomain
% hostname --fqdn
aporia.localdomain
% equery belongs -e $(which hostname)
 * Searching for /bin/hostname ...
sys-apps/net-tools-1.60_p20161110235919 (/bin/hostname)

n05ph3r42 wrote:
Code:
egrep '^[^#]' /etc/conf.d/hostname
hostname="localhost"

why it should be different? im at home.

It has nothing to do with geographical location, it's a fact of networking:

wikipedia: restrictions_on_valid_hostnames wrote:
The Internet standards (Requests for Comments) for protocols mandate that component hostname labels may contain only the ASCII letters 'a' through 'z' (in a case-insensitive manner), the digits '0' through '9', and the minus sign ('-'). The original specification of hostnames in RFC 952, mandated that labels could not start with a digit or with a minus sign, and must not end with a minus sign. However, a subsequent specification (RFC 1123) permitted hostname labels to start with digits. No other symbols, punctuation characters, or white space are permitted.

So, "localhost.localdomain" is not a hostname but a FQDN (fully qualified domain name). Setting a hostname is included in the handbook because strange things (can and do) happen when not setting one.

n05ph3r42 wrote:
Also there is no dchpd, like i already said, i use Network manager. And router i use for dhcp is not giving any hostnames. Definitely.

No, NetworkManager doesn't act as a dhcp client, it depends on there being one:

Code:
% equery -NC depgraph =net-misc/networkmanager-1.8.4 | grep dhcpcd
  `--  net-misc/dhcpcd-7.0.1  (net-misc/dhcpcd) x86

n05ph3r42 wrote:
Extra sockets... I'm using android studio with emulator (qemu), maybe it creates some extra sockets? Ah, also there is a VirtualBox. Not sure which program else can use these sockets... Malware?

As I said, I wasn't sure what was creating/using it, now you mention qemu/virtualbox, I expect one of these to be using unix:1

HTH & best ... khay
n05ph3r42
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
$ hostname
localhost.localdomain

khayyam wrote:

n05ph3r42 ... hostname shouldn't return '.domain' (at least not without '-f', or '--fqdn').

Have no idea, why it does so. I didn't change anything.
Code:
/etc/hosts
is in default state. Its default behavior.

khayyam wrote:
It has nothing to do with geographical location, it's a fact of networking

Sure it is not depends on geoposition. I'm at home LAN , and i need no any specific hostname. Localhost is not restricted name and should be fine.

khayyam wrote:

So, "localhost.localdomain" is not a hostname but a FQDN (fully qualified domain name). Setting a hostname is included in the handbook because strange things (can and do) happen when not setting one.

Have no idea, why it does so.
Hostname is specified and its value is not restricted by RFC.
Code:

cat /etc/conf.d/hostname
# Set to the hostname of this machine
hostname="localhost"

khayyam wrote:

n05ph3r42 wrote:
Also there is no dchpcd, like i already said, i use Network manager. And router i use for dhcp is not giving any hostnames. Definitely.

No, NetworkManager doesn't act as a dhcp client, it depends on there being one.

Yeah. I'ts a manager as you know. Sure depends. But not dhcpcd. At least by default.
Code:

equery  u networkmanager
[ Legend : U - final flag setting for installation]
[        : I - package is installed with flag     ]
[ Colors : set, unset                             ]
 * Found these USE flags for net-misc/networkmanager-1.12.2:
 U I
 - - abi_x86_32         : 32-bit (x86) libraries
 - - audit              : Enable support for Linux audit subsystem using sys-process/audit
 - - bluetooth          : Enable Bluetooth Support
 - - connection-sharing : Use net-dns/dnsmasq and net-firewall/iptables for connection sharing
 + + consolekit         : Use sys-auth/consolekit for session tracking
 + + dhclient           : Use dhclient from net-misc/dhcp for getting ip
 - - dhcpcd             : Use net-misc/dhcpcd for getting ip
 - - elogind            : Use sys-auth/elogind for session tracking
 - - gnutls             : Prefer net-libs/gnutls as SSL/TLS provider (ineffective with USE=-ssl)
 + + introspection      : Add support for GObject based introspection
 - - iwd                : Use net-wireless/iwd instead of net-wireless/wpa_supplicant for wifi support by default
 - - json               : Enable JSON validation via dev-libs/jansson in libnm.
 - - modemmanager       : Enable support for mobile broadband devices using net-misc/modemmanager
 + + ncurses            : Add ncurses support (console display library)
 + + nss                : Use dev-libs/nss for cryptography
 - - ofono              : Use net-misc/ofono for telephony support.
 - - ovs                : Enable OpenVSwitch support
 + + policykit          : Enable PolicyKit authentication support
 + + ppp                : Enable support for mobile broadband and PPPoE connections using net-dialup/ppp
 - - resolvconf         : Use net-dns/openresolv for managing DNS information
 - - systemd            : Enable use of systemd-specific libraries and features like socket activation or session tracking
 - - teamd              : Enable Teamd control support
 - - test               : Enable dependencies and/or preparations necessary to run tests (usually controlled by FEATURES=test but can be toggled independently)
 - - vala               : Enable bindings for dev-lang/vala
 + + wext               : Enable support for the deprecated Wext (Wireless Extensions) API; needed for some older drivers (e.g. ipw2200, ndiswrapper)
 + + wifi               : Enable support for wifi and 802.1x security

NM uses default flag.

This issue is not related to DHCP at all anyway. Believe me.
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khayyam wrote:

n05ph3r42 wrote:
Have no idea, why it does so. I didn't change anything. /etc/hosts is in default state. Its default behavior.

n05ph3r42 ... if you're not following a step in the handbook, then it's not the "default".

khayyam wrote:
It has nothing to do with geographical location, it's a fact of networking

n05ph3r42 wrote:
Sure it is not depends on geoposition. I'm at home LAN , and i need no any specific hostname. Localhost is not restricted name and should be fine.

... but you do not have "localhost", you have "localhost.localdoman", and as I pointed out "punctuation" is not allowed in hostname. Why this is happening I can only speculate (I suspect dhcp) but as I said, strange things can and do happen when this is left unconfigured ... so either configure it or live with the consequences.

khayyam wrote:

n05ph3r42 wrote:
Have no idea, why it does so. Hostname is specified and its value is not restricted by RFC.

Why do you think dhcpcd requests hostname if the value is "(null), localhost" etc? Do you think this has anything to do with the dhcp RFC? What happens if the dhcp server returns a null string? Is your 'hostname --fqdn' standard complient? Why does 'xauth list' show 'localhost.localdomain/unix:0' and 'localhost/unix:0', think that might cause any issues?

I'm fairly sure that the root of the problem is your not having set hostname, and configured /etc/hosts to reflect that hostname, it takes only minutes to do, and is part of the install, why are you so resistant to doing so?

best ... khay
n05ph3r42
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:oops: My apologies. You was right.
Code:
.localdomain
is added when router is on. I've just turned it off and rebooted host to check that.

I specified new hostname.

Also i removed ~/.Xauthority file with old entries.
Only one entry now in xauth.

We'll see if this fixes my problem.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: