Python use flag enabling problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
owen.geer
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:38 am    Post subject: Python use flag enabling problem Reply with quote

When I run
Code:
emerge --ask --changed-use --deep world

I get this error
Code:
These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!

!!! The ebuild selected to satisfy ">=dev-libs/gobject-introspection-0.9.3:0/0=" has unmet requirements.
- dev-libs/gobject-introspection-1.52.1::gentoo USE="-cairo -doctool -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="-python2_7 -python3_4 -python3_5 -python3_6 (-python3_7)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_5 python3_6 -python3_4 (-python3_7)"

The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
    exactly-one-of ( python_single_target_python2_7 python_single_target_python3_4 python_single_target_python3_5 python_single_target_python3_6 python_single_target_python3_7 )

The above constraints are a subset of the following complete expression:
    exactly-one-of ( python_single_target_python2_7 python_single_target_python3_4 python_single_target_python3_5 python_single_target_python3_6 python_single_target_python3_7 ) python_single_target_python2_7? ( python_targets_python2_7 ) python_single_target_python3_4? ( python_targets_python3_4 ) python_single_target_python3_5? ( python_targets_python3_5 ) python_single_target_python3_6? ( python_targets_python3_6 ) python_single_target_python3_7? ( python_targets_python3_7 ) test? ( cairo )

(dependency required by "x11-libs/gtk+-2.24.32::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "lxde-base/lxappearance-0.6.3-r1::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "@selected" [set])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])

This has been a pain in the ass for a few days and I have tried everything to fix it. When I add or enable these use flags it never works or does anything. Does anyone know how to fix this error?
Hu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened when you tried to fix it by making the change it requested? It says you need to have exactly one PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET, but you have none.
owen.geer
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
What happened when you tried to fix it by making the change it requested? It says you need to have exactly one PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET, but you have none.
I tried to add
Code:
USE="python_single_target3_5"
to my make.conf but it did not make a difference. Do you know what i'm supposed to do for this to work?

Update: I solved it by adding
Code:
PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_5 python3_6"
to my make.conf and also adding
Code:
USE="python_single_target3_5"
owen.geer
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I got another error that basicaly says the same thing, and the previous fix doesnt work for this one.
Code:
!!! The ebuild selected to satisfy ">=dev-libs/libpeas-1.8.0:0[gtk]" has unmet requirements.
- dev-libs/libpeas-1.20.0-r1::gentoo USE="gtk python -glade -lua -luajit -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_5 python3_6 -python3_4 (-python3_7)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_5 python3_6 -python3_4 (-python3_7)"

python? ( exactly-one-of ( python_single_target_python3_4 python_single_target_python3_5 python_single_target_python3_6 python_single_target_python3_7 ) )

python? ( exactly-one-of ( python_single_target_python3_4 python_single_target_python3_5 python_single_target_python3_6 python_single_target_python3_7 ) python_single_target_python3_4? ( python_targets_python3_4 ) python_single_target_python3_5? ( python_targets_python3_5 ) python_single_target_python3_6? ( python_targets_python3_6 ) python_single_target_python3_7? ( python_targets_python3_7 ) )

(dependency required by "gnome-extra/budgie-desktop-10.3.1::sabayon" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "budgie-desktop" [argument])
It asks for the same python_single_target that is already in my make.conf. Here is what i in my make.conf now:
Code:
USE="aqua wayland X python_single_target_python3_5 gles2 opengl egl"

PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_5 python3_6"
Do you know how I can fix this?
fedeliallalinea
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have only one python version in use ecpand PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET, then remove or python3_5 or python3_6
owen.geer
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean only one PYTHON_TARGET? Or should I add a new PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGETS flag?
Anon-E-moose
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have multiple pythons in PYTHON_TARGETS and ONLY one in PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET

Code:
PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_4"
PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7"

my system is thus:
Code:
PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7"
PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7"

with me having to add entries to /etc/portage/package.use for those that require python3_[456]

for example liborcus requires python 3_6 so this entry in package.use
Code:
dev-libs/liborcus python_targets_python3_6 python_single_target_python3_6

4.14.62 kernel, profile 17.0 (no-pie) amd64-no-multilib
gcc 4.9.4 & 7.3.0, eudev, openrc, openbox, palemoon
owen.geer
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there an emerge setting where it can automatically ajust use flags as the package needs? After I get past one of them, it just throws the same exact thing at me again but with a different use flag. Also your solution fixed it, thank you. But I keep running into more problems
Anon-E-moose
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

owen.geer wrote:
Is there an emerge setting where it can automatically ajust use flags as the package needs? After I get past one of them, it just throws the same exact thing at me again but with a different use flag. Also your solution fixed it, thank you. But I keep running into more problems

There isn't an automatic way, as far as I know, I'm sure someone else will correct me if I'm wrong.
I've got 94 entries in my package.use file, some to add flags, some to remove default flags.

If there are use flags that happen to a lot of the packages, then you can add that use flag to the USE= line in the make.conf file.
Don't try that with the python_* flags though, it won't work as you expect.

But for flags like cups, perl, dbus, etc. they can be added.

What profile are you using?
Hu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

owen.geer: please post the output of emerge --info. As for "fix the flags": how could it? The existence of a conflict says that there are at least two solutions. How can it know which one you want?

Anon-E-moose: I see in one of his later posts that he has a package from a sabayon overlay.
owen.geer
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my output of emerge --info
Code:
Portage 2.3.40 (python 3.5.5-final-0, default/linux/amd64/17.0, gcc-7.3.0, glibc-2.26-r7, 4.17.9-gentoo x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-4.17.9-gentoo-x86_64-Intel-R-_Core-TM-_i5-6500_CPU_@_3.20GHz-with-gentoo-2.4.1
KiB Mem:    16372676 total,  11336828 free
KiB Swap:          0 total,         0 free
Timestamp of repository gentoo: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 04:30:01 +0000
Head commit of repository gentoo: 4d92f97cf68a420fa8dd795ac86ed2df05adab35
sh bash 4.4_p12
ld GNU ld (Gentoo 2.30 p2) 2.30.0
app-shells/bash:          4.4_p12::gentoo
dev-lang/perl:            5.24.3-r1::gentoo
dev-lang/python:          2.7.14-r1::gentoo, 3.5.5::gentoo, 3.6.5::gentoo
dev-util/cmake:           3.9.6::gentoo
dev-util/pkgconfig:       0.29.2::gentoo
sys-apps/baselayout:      2.4.1-r2::gentoo
sys-apps/openrc:          0.34.11::gentoo
sys-apps/sandbox:         2.13::gentoo
sys-devel/autoconf:       2.13::gentoo, 2.69-r4::gentoo
sys-devel/automake:       1.15.1-r2::gentoo
sys-devel/binutils:       2.30-r2::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc:            7.3.0-r3::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc-config:     1.8-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/libtool:        2.4.6-r3::gentoo
sys-devel/make:           4.2.1::gentoo
sys-kernel/linux-headers: 4.13::gentoo (virtual/os-headers)
sys-libs/glibc:           2.26-r7::gentoo
Repositories:

gentoo
    sync-type: rsync
    sync-uri: rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage
    priority: -1000
    sync-rsync-verify-max-age: 24
    sync-rsync-extra-opts:
    sync-rsync-verify-metamanifest: yes
    sync-rsync-verify-jobs: 1

sabayon
    masters: gentoo
    priority: 50

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="* -@EULA"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=skylake -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/gnupg/qualified.txt"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/dconf /etc/env.d /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-march=skylake -O2 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
ENV_UNSET="DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS DISPLAY PERL5LIB PERL5OPT PERLPREFIX PERL_CORE PERL_MB_OPT PERL_MM_OPT XAUTHORITY XDG_CACHE_HOME XDG_CONFIG_HOME XDG_DATA_HOME XDG_RUNTIME_DIR"
FCFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-logs config-protect-if-modified distlocks ebuild-locks fixlafiles merge-sync multilib-strict news parallel-fetch preserve-libs protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch userpriv usersandbox usersync xattr"
FFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/gentoo rsync://rsync.gtlib.gatech.edu/gentoo ftp://ftp.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/gentoo ftp://ftp.ussg.iu.edu/pub/linux/gentoo http://lug.mtu.edu/gentoo/ http://gentoo.osuosl.org/ http://gentoo.mirrors.pair.com/ http://mirrors.rit.edu/gentoo/ ftp://mirrors.rit.edu/gentoo/ rsync://mirrors.rit.edu/gentoo/ http://gentoo.mirrors.tds.net/gentoo http://mirror.lug.udel.edu/pub/gentoo/ rsync://gentoo.cs.uni.edu/gentoo-distfiles http://gentoo.cs.uni.edu/ http://gentoo.cs.utah.edu/"
LANG="en_US.utf8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
MAKEOPTS="-j5"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --omit-dir-times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --human-readable --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --exclude=/.git"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
USE="!opencl X acl amd64 berkdb bzip2 cli crypt cxx dri egl fortran gdbm gles2 iconv ipv6 libtirpc modules multilib ncurses nls nptl openmp pam pcre readline seccomp ssl tcpd unicode wayland xattr zlib" ABI_X86="64" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" APACHE2_MODULES="authn_core authz_core socache_shmcb unixd actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" CALLIGRA_FEATURES="karbon plan sheets stage words" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap syslog" CPU_FLAGS_X86="mmx mmxext sse sse2" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin garmintxt gpsclock isync itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf skytraq superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ublox ubx" INPUT_DEVICES="libinput keyboard mouse" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSIONS="presenter-console presenter-minimizer" OFFICE_IMPLEMENTATION="libreoffice" PHP_TARGETS="php5-6 php7-0" POSTGRES_TARGETS="postgres9_5 postgres10" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_5" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_5 python3_6" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby23" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="amdgpu radeonsi" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"
Unset:  CC, CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, CXX, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LC_ALL, LINGUAS, PORTAGE_BINHOST, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS
owen.geer
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am using a sabayon overlay so I can install budgie-desktop.

So when I get this error:
Code:
!!! The ebuild selected to satisfy ">=net-libs/webkit-gtk-2.7.2:4" has unmet requirements.
- net-libs/webkit-gtk-2.20.4::gentoo USE="X egl geolocation gles2 gstreamer introspection jit opengl wayland webgl (-aqua) -coverage -doc -gnome-keyring -libnotify -nsplugin -spell -test" ABI_X86="(64)"

gles2? ( !opengl )

geolocation? ( introspection ) gles2? ( egl !opengl ) introspection? ( gstreamer ) nsplugin? ( X ) webgl? ( gstreamer any-of ( gles2 opengl ) ) wayland? ( egl ) any-of ( aqua wayland X )

(dependency required by "net-libs/gnome-online-accounts-3.24.4::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.24.4::gentoo[gnome-online-accounts]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "gnome-extra/budgie-desktop-10.3.1::sabayon" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "budgie-desktop" [argument])

Should I add "net-libs/webkit-gtk !opengl" to my package.use? I put "USE="!opengl" in my make.conf but it did not work.
fedeliallalinea
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

owen.geer wrote:
Should I add "net-libs/webkit-gtk !opengl" to my package.use? I put "USE="!opengl" in my make.conf but it did not work.

Correct syntax is "net-libs/webkit-gtk -opengl" see relative wiki page
Anon-E-moose
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you don't have many options in USE= you will have to put many there depending on what packages that you want to install.

For example this is my emerge --info |grep USE= and cutting it off at ABI
Code:
USE="X a52 aac acpi aes amd64 avx berkdb branding bzip2 cairo cdda cdr cli crypt cups cxx dri dts dvd dvdr emboss encode exif fam firefox flac fma3 fma4 fortran gdbm gif gpm iconv ipv6 jpeg lcms libtirpc mad mmx mmxext mng modules mp3 mp4 mpeg ncurses nptl ogg opengl openmp oss oss4 pango pcre pdf perl png popcnt ppds python readline sdl seccomp spell sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 sse4a ssl ssse3 startup-notification svg tcpd tiff truetype udev unicode usb vaapi vdpau vorbis wxwidgets x264 xcb xml xop xpm xv xvid zlib"

This is from my make.conf

Code:
USE="X a52 aac acpi branding cairo cdda cdr cups dts dvd dvdr emboss encode exif fam firefox flac gif gpm jpeg lcms mad mng mp3 mp4 mpeg ogg opengl pango pdf perl png ppds python oss oss4 sdl spell startup-notification svg tiff truetype udev unicode usb vaapi vdpau vorbis wxwidgets x264 xcb xml xpm xv xvid -acl -alsa -bluetooth -consolekit -dbus -glamor -gnome -gstreamer -gtk -hal -icu -introspection -jack -kde -ldap -libav -libnotify -nls -qt3support -qt4 -qt5 -pam -pie -policykit -pulseaudio -systemd -udisks -upower -xattr ${CPU_FLAGS_X86}"

As fedeliallalinea says"-" is the normal way to disable a use flag, "!" might work, but I don't know for sure as I've never tried it that way.
I would take the "gles2" flag out and use "opengl" instead, but that's me.

My rule of thumb is, if the flag is only used for one or two packages then I use packages.use otherwise I use make.conf.
owen.geer
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any dangers of enabling a lot of use flags in make.conf? Why is it better to to it individually?
Anon-E-moose
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

owen.geer wrote:
Are there any dangers of enabling a lot of use flags in make.conf? Why is it better to to it individually?

With the exception of a few flags, there's no danger.
I don't know that it's better, just a personal preference when flag is only used sparingly.
fedeliallalinea
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

owen.geer wrote:

It isn't dangerous depend on what you want. If there is a use flag you want enable at all packages that have it, you can put in make.conf, otherwise if you want enable a use flag for single package you put it in package.use
Leio
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldn't have USE=gles2 unless your system doesn't support full desktop GL (mainly some ARM boards whose proprietary drivers only support GLES or whose hardware can't support new enough full GL). And I mean globally. If some package requires USE=gles2 on something else (without having a USE=gles2 to trigger it itself), please file a bug and CC me. See also: https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/e04f6d321e424a237af62721d1d09211
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: