Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Vaping
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
porodzila
Guru
Guru


Joined: 22 May 2004
Posts: 307
Location: Terrapin Station

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a micro g and an ego e-cig. They both can be used while plugged in, and don't screw up much.
_________________
ubi primum potero, me hinc subduco.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
porodzila
Guru
Guru


Joined: 22 May 2004
Posts: 307
Location: Terrapin Station

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm67 wrote:
I am still vaping, DIY liquid 3/4 VG 1/4 PG, always 12mg nicotine but a lot less 1ml or less a day. I am still using the same EGO 501 starter kit but with wickless bottom dual coils.


Ego ++
_________________
ubi primum potero, me hinc subduco.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 17455

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
With 100% VG w/flavorings and nicotine (or no nicotine... I haven't used nic eLiquid in days), you are inhaling fewer pollutants than you would be walking down the sidewalk next to any street with cars.
It may be mostly harmless, and that would be great. That it isn't as bad as something else doesn't make it a good idea.You're not doing this instead of walking and inhaling exhaust.
_________________
Slowly I turned. Step by step.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1246
Location: Idaho, USA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered the Halo G6. Can't wait for it to get here in the mail. These Blu cartridges last less than a day and all I have access to is high-nicotine content. I would like to just spend an hour puffing on this thing, but I'm already more addicted than I was.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
erm67
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 01 Nov 2005
Posts: 238
Location: Where the black men cannot enter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
These Blu cartridges last less than a day and all I have access to is high-nicotine content. I would like to just spend an hour puffing on this thing, but I'm already more addicted than I was.


For me at least high nicotine is better, with low nicotine liquids I tend to smoke a lot more end probably end up with even more nicotine in the body. On my opinion it is better try to keep the nicotine to a level satisfying and try to smoke less :-)
The amount of nicotine per day is more significative than the concentration of nicotine in the liquid.
_________________
True ignorance is not the absence of knowledge, but the refusal to acquire it.
A posse ad esse non valet consequentia
Πάντα ῥεῖ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1606
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
I just ordered the Halo G6. Can't wait for it to get here in the mail. These Blu cartridges last less than a day and all I have access to is high-nicotine content. I would like to just spend an hour puffing on this thing, but I'm already more addicted than I was.

Instead of using nicotine to get your heart pumping, get off your increasingly rotund ass and do some exercise, Marine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1246
Location: Idaho, USA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
wswartzendruber wrote:
I just ordered the Halo G6. Can't wait for it to get here in the mail. These Blu cartridges last less than a day and all I have access to is high-nicotine content. I would like to just spend an hour puffing on this thing, but I'm already more addicted than I was.

Instead of using nicotine to get your heart pumping, get off your increasingly rotund ass and do some exercise, Marine.

Go fuck yourself with an Abrams tank. :roll:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1606
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I meant to say "your increasingly chair-shaped and rotund ass".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 746
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found a shop down the hill from me, and they have 100% VG e-liquid. I tasted a variety and ended up buying a few 15 ml bottles : Orange Creamsicle, Lychee Coconut, and P.O.G (Pineapple, Orange, Guava).

Vaping the Orange Creamsicle now, it's lovely.

yelp posting
_________________
People Of Love

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1606
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you get it with THC in it instead of nicotine? Maybe just a splash of ecstasy too?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1246
Location: Idaho, USA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my tank system in. Definitely recommendable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1606
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious, how fat are you now? Are you over 30% body fat yet? I think you are.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1246
Location: Idaho, USA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm as fat as I want to be and I'll get fatter if I please.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1606
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fat Marine. Never thought I'd see the day. Seems like just yesterday you were posting pictures in here of overweight Army soldiers and mocking them. Ah, how the mighty have fallen. :cry:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 17455

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, Glenn Beck is pimping "Jeans cut to fit an American."
_________________
Slowly I turned. Step by step.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1246
Location: Idaho, USA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
A fat Marine. Never thought I'd see the day. Seems like just yesterday you were posting pictures in here of overweight Army soldiers and mocking them. Ah, how the mighty have fallen. :cry:

They were active duty. I staid in shape on active duty. They did not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1606
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you were a Marine for life.

It's not that hard. You just don't stuff your gut, and you get up off your dead ass for an hour or so each day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John-Boy
Guru
Guru


Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 440
Location: Desperately seeking moksha in all the wrong places

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaping disables the lung’s cleaning systems and could cause chronic diseases, study finds


Quote:
“I don’t believe e-cigarettes are more harmful than ordinary cigarettes, but we should have a cautious scepticism that they are as safe as we are being led to believe.”



It's that last bit - vaping is fairly new, what'll happen twenty or thirty years down the track ?
_________________
Like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1606
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, we'll have vat-grown lungs available for free in vending machines by then.
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HungGarTiger
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 04 Feb 2014
Posts: 153
Location: /nz/auckland

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
Vaping disables the lung’s cleaning systems and could cause chronic diseases, study finds


Quote:
“I don’t believe e-cigarettes are more harmful than ordinary cigarettes, but we should have a cautious scepticism that they are as safe as we are being led to believe.”



It's that last bit - vaping is fairly new, what'll happen twenty or thirty years down the track ?


I read that too. As somebody that uses vaping as a way to quit smoking, I have to say that I don't really care. I tried to quit a few times over the years yet always came back to ciggies eventually, vaping provides a means to me to entirely quit cigarettes from my life and that's a good thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John-Boy
Guru
Guru


Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 440
Location: Desperately seeking moksha in all the wrong places

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HungGarTiger wrote:
I read that too. As somebody that uses vaping as a way to quit smoking, I have to say that I don't really care. I tried to quit a few times over the years yet always came back to ciggies eventually, vaping provides a means to me to entirely quit cigarettes from my life and that's a good thing.


Yep, understand that logic - I think it's more concerning for somebody that's never had a fag before and starts vaping, because 'it's safe'.
_________________
Like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 17455

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
HungGarTiger wrote:
I read that too. As somebody that uses vaping as a way to quit smoking, I have to say that I don't really care. I tried to quit a few times over the years yet always came back to ciggies eventually, vaping provides a means to me to entirely quit cigarettes from my life and that's a good thing.


Yep, understand that logic - I think it's more concerning for somebody that's never had a fag before and starts vaping, because 'it's safe'.
Or switches to vaping for the same reason. Great if it helps someone to quit smoking. I've heard people say that's why they switched, but then never actually quit (after ~2 years). I'm waiting to hear about Vaping Lung.
_________________
Slowly I turned. Step by step.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1606
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get it from popcorn?! 8O
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 17455

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diacetyl. As in die.

To be fair, I'd heard the consumer was breathing in from two or more bags per day. Compared with the 8 employees, that probably says something about how much he was inhaling, deliberately.
_________________
Slowly I turned. Step by step.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1606
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get this (obliterative bronchiolitis), and the treatment is a lung transplant.

Thing is, 75% of lung transplant patients get obliterative bronchiolitis.

So, collapse the series. If you're 30 and vaping you'll never see 55, and that's assuming the Death Panel thinks you deserve a rare and precious lung that might well be needed by someone with a lot more social credit, like an Inner Party member.
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum