Odd behavior
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johngalt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:22 am    Post subject: Odd behavior Reply with quote

I'm using Firefox, Nightly builds on Windows and Gentoo Live DVD, latest Gentoo (portage) on 2 Gentoo installs on 2 laptops.

When I go into a forum, if there are more than one threads with new posts in therm, and I select any thread older than the newest thread to read / respond to, upon completing, that thread and the next thread with a newer response get marked as having been read.

My only recourse is to read the threads from newest response down, to avoid this happening.

Is this a known forum bug, or possibly just something on my own profile(s)?

I can test further if need be - I have a Macrium Reflect backup of Window s10 I can throw back on my SSD on my Desktop and test in Chrome, Edge, IE, Chrome Canary, Vivaldi, and all 3 Opera channels....

But, IIRC, even without using Firefox sync to copy my profile info, as soon as I logged into the forums, once when on SRCD, it exhibited the same behavior - which is why I stopped testing.
If you want to retain credibility as a functional adult; when you are told that you are acting boorishly, the correct response is to consider that possibility and act accordingly to correct that behavior.

Amen.
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

At this time, I don't know what would trigger that technically (a cookie?), but from a quick test I can tell that it doesn't seem to be happening to me, using the Falkon browser.
johngalt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used 3 dif versions of Firefox, nightly (on Windows 10 desktop as well as nightly-bin on 2 Gentoo installs on both of my laptops); Firefox ESR 57.x on SRCD and Firefox ESR 52.x on Gentoo Live DVD.

I'v just finished imaging my Windows installs and put the backups off to the side so it may be a while before I get a chance to try again.
If you want to retain credibility as a functional adult; when you are told that you are acting boorishly, the correct response is to consider that possibility and act accordingly to correct that behavior.

Amen.
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you launch an incognito mode of firefox... does it also occur? ie is it a user setting or a firefox setting.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: