Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
In UK, saying "Nice legs" to a woman is a HATE CRIME
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 17345

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr.Willy wrote:
Well well well
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/netflix-sexual-harassment-training-rules-me-too-flirting-on-set-a8396431.html
:lol: :lol:
_________________
The whole system has to go. The modern criminal justice system is incompatible with Neuroscience. --Sapolsky
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1605
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr.Willy wrote:
Well well well
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/netflix-sexual-harassment-training-rules-me-too-flirting-on-set-a8396431.html

Yeah, and meanwhile in the UK, buggery has become a national sport.
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 131
Location: India

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right after USA, you halfwit.
_________________
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johngalt
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 257
Location: 3rd Rock

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
He doesn't actually disagree with me or believe the things he's saying. He's trying to troll. He doesn't quite grasp the concept though. He's way too obvious. For example, everybody knows what my main point was (as can be seen by people's comments, including yours). He's pretending not to understand that, but doesn't grasp that nobody is buying it and it only makes him look stupid because he's no good at it.

As to demeaning his culture, he did it first. Just because he's from a third world country, you think this gives him the right to belittle my culture without a taste of his own medicine? You don't know him. He's racist. You should hear him talk about Pakistanis. Did you know it was his people who invented the Swastika to begin with? See, his karma's in the shitter already. He trolls all the time, and he ran over a Sacred Cow on his motorcycle (true story, ask him). He expects to be reincarnated as a proboscis monkey, so he figures he's got nothing to lose.

He's also got an anger management problem that we've discussed before. He gets angry and then projects that on others, and this gets him more angry, and he loses emotional control. Every once in a while, he gets out of hand, and he's about due to get himself banned again.


Well then. Still attacking his culture wasn't cool. Because from what you described it's also my parents culture - and it is far from what you see in 1 or 3 news articles.

notageek wrote:
johngalt wrote:

Giving someone a compliment is not any form of assault, NotaGeek. That is what Bones was attempting to get acroos in the ludicrousness of the article. Telling him he would be arrested for such behavior without acutally understand what is being written is tantamount to playing judge and jury without listening to anything that was said / written. By your own logic, if I said you were a great looking guy I'd also be subject to those same punishments you advocated for paying a compliment to a lady. Get real.
I've actually read what he's written but if his English sentences implied that he could be charged with hate crime for paying compliments to someone he knows, then he's got even less of an understanding of basic law that I first thought.

To your point: I would counter that knowing someone isn't enough to share an off the cuff comment about some woman's physique. A more important concept would be consent. Without consent, it's still verbal assault, because the person at the receiving end doesn't want you tell her she has nice legs. You can't just comment about someone's legs just because you know her. Do you think someone at work, who's extremely competent but also happens to be beautiful would take it kindly if out of the blue you said it to her? Or worse in front of her colleagues? It's verbal assault.

And if you did that on city streets to random women, cops would be called on you or pepper sprayed or tasered. At least in the US.

UK is going in the right direction, this sort of loutish behaviour is hate crime.


That's your PoV then. Because you have no idea if the person on the receiving end does or does not want said commentary, you're assuming that they do not, in every situation around the world.

pjp wrote:
johngalt wrote:
@everyone
Most seem to be objecting to labeling it a "hate crime," not claiming it to be appropriate behavior. Given the length of your 'splaining, you seemed to have missed or lost track of that.


If you read the 'splainin' more carefully, I never said anything about the hate crime because I wasn't addressing the article itself. I was addressing them two and the nature of the personal attacks and the nature of the twisted logic that has led to it being relegated as a hate crime - because men simply won't STFU about it.
_________________
desultory wrote:
If you want to retain credibility as a functional adult; when you are told that you are acting boorishly, the correct response is to consider that possibility and act accordingly to correct that behavior.


Amen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 131
Location: India

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johngalt wrote:
That's your PoV then. Because you ahve no idea if the person on hte receiving end does or does not want said commentary, you're assuming that they do not.
It's also assumption if the person think his unsolicited comments are welcome.

Silence is not acquiescence.
_________________
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johngalt
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 257
Location: 3rd Rock

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said it was. And if you read all of my first post carefully, I agreed that we, as men, need to simply stfu.

Do be a bit more conscientious and read everything, not pick and choose what you want to respond to.
_________________
desultory wrote:
If you want to retain credibility as a functional adult; when you are told that you are acting boorishly, the correct response is to consider that possibility and act accordingly to correct that behavior.


Amen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 131
Location: India

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
He doesn't actually disagree with me or believe the things he's saying. He's trying to troll. He doesn't quite grasp the concept though. He's way too obvious. For example, everybody knows what my main point was (as can be seen by people's comments, including yours). He's pretending not to understand that, but doesn't grasp that nobody is buying it and it only makes him look stupid because he's no good at it.

As to demeaning his culture, he did it first. Just because he's from a third world country, you think this gives him the right to belittle my culture without a taste of his own medicine? You don't know him. He's racist. You should hear him talk about Pakistanis. Did you know it was his people who invented the Swastika to begin with? See, his karma's in the shitter already. He trolls all the time, and he ran over a Sacred Cow on his motorcycle (true story, ask him). He expects to be reincarnated as a proboscis monkey, so he figures he's got nothing to lose.

He's also got an anger management problem that we've discussed before. He gets angry and then projects that on others, and this gets him more angry, and he loses emotional control. Every once in a while, he gets out of hand, and he's about due to get himself banned again.


I didn't see this post and needs to be responded.

1. I disagree with you 100%. Proved to you how you were wrong.

2. I'm not trolling.

3. I did not "attack your culture", you did. You did without any provocation and for this you must be banned.

4. Personally I think you're a very nasty individual.
_________________
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 131
Location: India

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johngalt wrote:
I never said it was. And if you read all of my first post carefully, I agreed that we, as men, need to simply stfu.

Do be a bit more conscientious and read everything, not pick and choose what you want to respond to.
If you never said it was you want us to assume you meant it anyway? Runs counter to your suggestion that I should read everything you write.
_________________
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johngalt
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 257
Location: 3rd Rock

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
He doesn't actually disagree with me or believe the things he's saying. He's trying to troll. He doesn't quite grasp the concept though. He's way too obvious. For example, everybody knows what my main point was (as can be seen by people's comments, including yours). He's pretending not to understand that, but doesn't grasp that nobody is buying it and it only makes him look stupid because he's no good at it.

As to demeaning his culture, he did it first. Just because he's from a third world country, you think this gives him the right to belittle my culture without a taste of his own medicine? You don't know him. He's racist. You should hear him talk about Pakistanis. Did you know it was his people who invented the Swastika to begin with? See, his karma's in the shitter already. He trolls all the time, and he ran over a Sacred Cow on his motorcycle (true story, ask him). He expects to be reincarnated as a proboscis monkey, so he figures he's got nothing to lose.

He's also got an anger management problem that we've discussed before. He gets angry and then projects that on others, and this gets him more angry, and he loses emotional control. Every once in a while, he gets out of hand, and he's about due to get himself banned again.


I figured I should answer this one more closely since you're pushing bull$#!7 information.

1) Wrt Pakistanis - have you bothered to see the history of what happened with the independence of India from Britain? You might want to check that out - and if you thnk he is racist toward Pakistanis, well, I hope you're not saying this in front of all the folks in your country (and here in the US) that think that we should not allow Muslims into the country because of {insert whatever fearmongering trait you want}.

2) As for the Swastika, yes, it originally came from India - and it was not a symbol of anything like Hitler perverted it to be. Again, you really need to check your facts before spouting more Bull$#!7. If you think the Swastika is a symbol of evil, well, I've got newsfor you - the 70 or so years that it has been a symbol of evil (I'll even give you 100 years on it) is but a small drop of water compared to the symbol of light and love that it has been used for milennia in India. Furthermore, it is still used to this day as a symbol of light and love in Hinduism. So get off your high horse about it.

You obviously have something against Indians (aside from Nag), with the sheer lack of knowledge you've reflected in this one post. I thought you were more intelligent than that. I guess I was wrong. It's happened before. It will probably happen again.

Oh, and for the record - though I am an American, by birth, I am also an Indian. SO, get your facts straight or GTFO.

And in this post and the posts prior to it, it seems you're the one with the anger issues *and* projecting it onto him. I wonder if you start targeting me next?
_________________
desultory wrote:
If you want to retain credibility as a functional adult; when you are told that you are acting boorishly, the correct response is to consider that possibility and act accordingly to correct that behavior.


Amen.


Last edited by johngalt on Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marcih
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 19 Feb 2018
Posts: 81

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
To your point: I would counter that knowing someone isn't enough to share an off the cuff comment about some woman's physique. A more important concept would be consent. Without consent, it's still verbal assault, because the person at the receiving end doesn't want you tell her she has nice legs. You can't just comment about someone's legs just because you know her. Do you think someone at work, who's extremely competent but also happens to be beautiful would take it kindly if out of the blue you said it to her? Or worse in front of her colleagues? It's verbal assault.

I don't usually participate it polishits but this amuses me.
disgusting cishet man wrote:
'Scuse me ma'am, *tips fedora* do I have your consent to approach you and address you verbally with the intent of complimenting your appearance?

One does not need any kind of permission or consent to approach and talk to me and I don't expect anyone else to be such an asshat that they do require it. Asking someone to not talk to you after they've approached you (or ask them to not compliment you anymore after they have) is more reasonable.
I suggest people stop assuming malicious intent by default; in the majority of cases, malice was not the intent. This does of course not mean one should not be cautious.
_________________
Bones McCracker wrote:
It wouldn't be so bad, if it didn't suck.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 131
Location: India

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
'Scuse me ma'am, *tips fedora* do I have your consent to approach you and address you verbally with the intent of complimenting your appearance?


That is absolutely proper etiquette, albeit an exaggerated.
_________________
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr.Willy
Guru
Guru


Joined: 15 Jul 2007
Posts: 457
Location: NRW, Germany

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
Quote:
'Scuse me ma'am, *tips fedora* do I have your consent to approach you and address you verbally with the intent of complimenting your appearance?


That is absolutely proper etiquette, albeit an exaggerated.

Only if you do it in under 5 seconds …
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johngalt
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 257
Location: 3rd Rock

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcih wrote:
notageek wrote:
To your point: I would counter that knowing someone isn't enough to share an off the cuff comment about some woman's physique. A more important concept would be consent. Without consent, it's still verbal assault, because the person at the receiving end doesn't want you tell her she has nice legs. You can't just comment about someone's legs just because you know her. Do you think someone at work, who's extremely competent but also happens to be beautiful would take it kindly if out of the blue you said it to her? Or worse in front of her colleagues? It's verbal assault.

I don't usually participate it polishits but this amuses me.
disgusting cishet man wrote:
'Scuse me ma'am, *tips fedora* do I have your consent to approach you and address you verbally with the intent of complimenting your appearance?

One does not need any kind of permission or consent to approach and talk to me and I don't expect anyone else to be such an asshat that they do require it. Asking someone to not talk to you after they've approached you (or ask them to not compliment you anymore after they have) is more reasonable.
I suggest people stop assuming malicious intent by default; in the majority of cases, malice was not the intent. This does of course not mean one should not be cautious.


LMFAO - brilliant! That was spot on, sir.

Except, of course, when one considers the fact that so many people hav ebeen subjected to sexual assault, particularly as children, that you really *do* have to be careful, as you're as likely to be walkin on eggshells as not....

Rather than taking it to that extreme, a simple "Hi, Please don't take this the wrong way atall, but {insert compliment of choice}" or "I know you don't know me, but I'm not trying to be a creep - it's just that {insert compliment}".

Of course, certain attributes are probably more restricted than others - I'd warrant most women probably would not get upset if you complimented their eyes, hair style, etc. but you start going to legs, it gets to the line that makes more women uncomfortable, and breasts and derriere are pretty much out of the question.

Yet another tactical way to approach it would be to address the compliment more towards the clothing style they have chose, such as "Those jeans really show off your great legs", or something such.

But, in fairness, it's simply either better to keep your mouth shut, or approach it delicately, instead of a wolf-wistle, cat-calling, or just a blunt "Damn! Baby, you got some fine legs!"
_________________
desultory wrote:
If you want to retain credibility as a functional adult; when you are told that you are acting boorishly, the correct response is to consider that possibility and act accordingly to correct that behavior.


Amen.


Last edited by johngalt on Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johngalt
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 257
Location: 3rd Rock

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr.Willy wrote:
notageek wrote:
Quote:
'Scuse me ma'am, *tips fedora* do I have your consent to approach you and address you verbally with the intent of complimenting your appearance?


That is absolutely proper etiquette, albeit an exaggerated.

Only if you do it in under 5 seconds …


I was a debater in high school - that can be done in 4 seconds flat, but whether the recipient will be able to understand you or not is a completely different thing (and as I live in the deep South, most ppl "'round here" cannot understand such fast talking).
_________________
desultory wrote:
If you want to retain credibility as a functional adult; when you are told that you are acting boorishly, the correct response is to consider that possibility and act accordingly to correct that behavior.


Amen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1605
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:
He doesn't actually disagree with me or believe the things he's saying. He's trying to troll. He doesn't quite grasp the concept though. He's way too obvious. For example, everybody knows what my main point was (as can be seen by people's comments, including yours). He's pretending not to understand that, but doesn't grasp that nobody is buying it and it only makes him look stupid because he's no good at it.

As to demeaning his culture, he did it first. Just because he's from a third world country, you think this gives him the right to belittle my culture without a taste of his own medicine? You don't know him. He's racist. You should hear him talk about Pakistanis. Did you know it was his people who invented the Swastika to begin with? See, his karma's in the shitter already. He trolls all the time, and he ran over a Sacred Cow on his motorcycle (true story, ask him). He expects to be reincarnated as a proboscis monkey, so he figures he's got nothing to lose.

He's also got an anger management problem that we've discussed before. He gets angry and then projects that on others, and this gets him more angry, and he loses emotional control. Every once in a while, he gets out of hand, and he's about due to get himself banned again.


I didn't see this post and needs to be responded.

1. I disagree with you 100%. Proved to you how you were wrong.

2. I'm not trolling.

3. I did not "attack your culture", you did. You did without any provocation and for this you must be banned.

4. Personally I think you're a very nasty individual.

Yes you are trolling, and everybody here knows it. Youre the one who started in with the personal attacks. You're well on your way to earning yourself another ban.

I'm not wrong; I'm right, and you're wrong. As demonstrated by all the comments, evetybody else in here agrees with me and disagrees with you. The only thing you "proved" is that logic and rationality mean nothing to you.
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1605
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johngalt wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:
He doesn't actually disagree with me or believe the things he's saying. He's trying to troll. He doesn't quite grasp the concept though. He's way too obvious. For example, everybody knows what my main point was (as can be seen by people's comments, including yours). He's pretending not to understand that, but doesn't grasp that nobody is buying it and it only makes him look stupid because he's no good at it.

As to demeaning his culture, he did it first. Just because he's from a third world country, you think this gives him the right to belittle my culture without a taste of his own medicine? You don't know him. He's racist. You should hear him talk about Pakistanis. Did you know it was his people who invented the Swastika to begin with? See, his karma's in the shitter already. He trolls all the time, and he ran over a Sacred Cow on his motorcycle (true story, ask him). He expects to be reincarnated as a proboscis monkey, so he figures he's got nothing to lose.

He's also got an anger management problem that we've discussed before. He gets angry and then projects that on others, and this gets him more angry, and he loses emotional control. Every once in a while, he gets out of hand, and he's about due to get himself banned again.


I figured I should answer this one more closely since you're pushing bull$#!7 information.

1) Wrt Pakistanis - have you bothered to see the history of what happened with the independence of India from Britain? You might want to check that out - and if you thnk he is racist toward Pakistanis, well, I hope you're not saying this in front of all the folks in your country (and here in the US) that think that we should not allow Muslims into the country because of {insert whatever fearmongering trait you want}.

2) As for the Swastika, yes, it originally came from India - and it was not a symbol of anything like Hitler perverted it to be. Again, you really need to check your facts before spouting more Bull$#!7. If you think the Swastika is a symbol of evil, well, I've got newsfor you - the 70 or so years that it has been a symbol of evil (I'll even give you 100 years on it) is but a small drop of water compared to the symbol of light and love that it has been used for milennia in India. Furthermore, it is still used to this day as a symbol of light and love in Hinduism. So get off your high horse about it.

You obviously have something against Indians (aside from Nag), with the sheer lack of knowledge you've reflected in this one post. I thought you were more intelligent than that. I guess I was wrong. It's happened before. It will probably happen again.

Oh, and for the record - though I am an American, by birth, I am also an Indian. SO, get your facts straight or GTFO.

And in this post and the posts prior to it, it seems you're the one with the anger issues *and* projecting it onto him. I wonder if you start targeting me next?

You missed the parody. I transitioned into demonstrating the nature (the trolling nature) of his posts. Who in their right mind would earnestly assert that Indians are racist because the invented the Swastika or that someone was to be reincarnated as a proboscis monkey. :lol:

The point being that he is trolling and that's why most of what he has said here is equally absurd.
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 131
Location: India

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
notageek wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:
He doesn't actually disagree with me or believe the things he's saying. He's trying to troll. He doesn't quite grasp the concept though. He's way too obvious. For example, everybody knows what my main point was (as can be seen by people's comments, including yours). He's pretending not to understand that, but doesn't grasp that nobody is buying it and it only makes him look stupid because he's no good at it.

As to demeaning his culture, he did it first. Just because he's from a third world country, you think this gives him the right to belittle my culture without a taste of his own medicine? You don't know him. He's racist. You should hear him talk about Pakistanis. Did you know it was his people who invented the Swastika to begin with? See, his karma's in the shitter already. He trolls all the time, and he ran over a Sacred Cow on his motorcycle (true story, ask him). He expects to be reincarnated as a proboscis monkey, so he figures he's got nothing to lose.

He's also got an anger management problem that we've discussed before. He gets angry and then projects that on others, and this gets him more angry, and he loses emotional control. Every once in a while, he gets out of hand, and he's about due to get himself banned again.


I didn't see this post and needs to be responded.

1. I disagree with you 100%. Proved to you how you were wrong.

2. I'm not trolling.

3. I did not "attack your culture", you did. You did without any provocation and for this you must be banned.

4. Personally I think you're a very nasty individual.

Yes you are trolling, and everybody here knows it. Youre the one who started in with the personal attacks. You're well on your way to earning yourself another ban.

I'm not wrong; I'm right, and you're wrong. As demonstrated by all the comments, evetybody else in here agrees with me and disagrees with you. The only thing you "proved" is that logic and rationality mean nothing to you.


I'm not trolling, you are.
I'm not wrong, you are.

And since you started an unprovoked personal attack and generally foulmouthed rant against every other member of this forum, you're about to be banned.
_________________
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1605
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How original.

I notice you didn't deny that you're to be reincarnated as a proboscis monkey for crashing your motorcycle into a Sacred Cow.
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 131
Location: India

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know that because you're a spiritual authority on reincarnation, in fact Dalai Lama asks you for advise.

Are you so unintelligent to realize that the incident was made up?
_________________
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johngalt
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 257
Location: 3rd Rock

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
johngalt wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:
He doesn't actually disagree with me or believe the things he's saying. He's trying to troll. He doesn't quite grasp the concept though. He's way too obvious. For example, everybody knows what my main point was (as can be seen by people's comments, including yours). He's pretending not to understand that, but doesn't grasp that nobody is buying it and it only makes him look stupid because he's no good at it.

As to demeaning his culture, he did it first. Just because he's from a third world country, you think this gives him the right to belittle my culture without a taste of his own medicine? You don't know him. He's racist. You should hear him talk about Pakistanis. Did you know it was his people who invented the Swastika to begin with? See, his karma's in the shitter already. He trolls all the time, and he ran over a Sacred Cow on his motorcycle (true story, ask him). He expects to be reincarnated as a proboscis monkey, so he figures he's got nothing to lose.

He's also got an anger management problem that we've discussed before. He gets angry and then projects that on others, and this gets him more angry, and he loses emotional control. Every once in a while, he gets out of hand, and he's about due to get himself banned again.


I figured I should answer this one more closely since you're pushing bull$#!7 information.

1) Wrt Pakistanis - have you bothered to see the history of what happened with the independence of India from Britain? You might want to check that out - and if you thnk he is racist toward Pakistanis, well, I hope you're not saying this in front of all the folks in your country (and here in the US) that think that we should not allow Muslims into the country because of {insert whatever fearmongering trait you want}.

2) As for the Swastika, yes, it originally came from India - and it was not a symbol of anything like Hitler perverted it to be. Again, you really need to check your facts before spouting more Bull$#!7. If you think the Swastika is a symbol of evil, well, I've got newsfor you - the 70 or so years that it has been a symbol of evil (I'll even give you 100 years on it) is but a small drop of water compared to the symbol of light and love that it has been used for milennia in India. Furthermore, it is still used to this day as a symbol of light and love in Hinduism. So get off your high horse about it.

You obviously have something against Indians (aside from Nag), with the sheer lack of knowledge you've reflected in this one post. I thought you were more intelligent than that. I guess I was wrong. It's happened before. It will probably happen again.

Oh, and for the record - though I am an American, by birth, I am also an Indian. SO, get your facts straight or GTFO.

And in this post and the posts prior to it, it seems you're the one with the anger issues *and* projecting it onto him. I wonder if you start targeting me next?

You missed the parody. I transitioned into demonstrating the nature (the trolling nature) of his posts. Who in their right mind would earnestly assert that Indians are racist because the invented the Swastika or that someone was to be reincarnated as a proboscis monkey. :lol:

The point being that he is trolling and that's why most of what he has said here is equally absurd.


You're assuming most people are in their right minds to begin with.

I did miss the impersonation you were doing- then again, I had not seen this before, as I am (relatively) new, so it's easy to see why I didn't make the connection.

But, being said Indian in said America, you might be surprised at how many people have asserted either that 1) I'm part of a racist culture (because the Indians they know are very Indo-centric, even to the point of their family lives, marriages, etc.), or 2) Been confused with people of Middle Eastern descent / Muslim faith, especially after the 9/11 terrorist attacks. I've been called dot-head, towel-head, and held at gun point - all because of the color of my skin.

Not everyone is in a logical frame of mind.
_________________
desultory wrote:
If you want to retain credibility as a functional adult; when you are told that you are acting boorishly, the correct response is to consider that possibility and act accordingly to correct that behavior.


Amen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1605
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
You know that because you're a spiritual authority on reincarnation, in fact Dalai Lama asks you for advise.

Are you so unintelligent to realize that the incident was made up?

We both know it wasn't.
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1605
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johngalt wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:
johngalt wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:
He doesn't actually disagree with me or believe the things he's saying. He's trying to troll. He doesn't quite grasp the concept though. He's way too obvious. For example, everybody knows what my main point was (as can be seen by people's comments, including yours). He's pretending not to understand that, but doesn't grasp that nobody is buying it and it only makes him look stupid because he's no good at it.

As to demeaning his culture, he did it first. Just because he's from a third world country, you think this gives him the right to belittle my culture without a taste of his own medicine? You don't know him. He's racist. You should hear him talk about Pakistanis. Did you know it was his people who invented the Swastika to begin with? See, his karma's in the shitter already. He trolls all the time, and he ran over a Sacred Cow on his motorcycle (true story, ask him). He expects to be reincarnated as a proboscis monkey, so he figures he's got nothing to lose.

He's also got an anger management problem that we've discussed before. He gets angry and then projects that on others, and this gets him more angry, and he loses emotional control. Every once in a while, he gets out of hand, and he's about due to get himself banned again.


I figured I should answer this one more closely since you're pushing bull$#!7 information.

1) Wrt Pakistanis - have you bothered to see the history of what happened with the independence of India from Britain? You might want to check that out - and if you thnk he is racist toward Pakistanis, well, I hope you're not saying this in front of all the folks in your country (and here in the US) that think that we should not allow Muslims into the country because of {insert whatever fearmongering trait you want}.

2) As for the Swastika, yes, it originally came from India - and it was not a symbol of anything like Hitler perverted it to be. Again, you really need to check your facts before spouting more Bull$#!7. If you think the Swastika is a symbol of evil, well, I've got newsfor you - the 70 or so years that it has been a symbol of evil (I'll even give you 100 years on it) is but a small drop of water compared to the symbol of light and love that it has been used for milennia in India. Furthermore, it is still used to this day as a symbol of light and love in Hinduism. So get off your high horse about it.

You obviously have something against Indians (aside from Nag), with the sheer lack of knowledge you've reflected in this one post. I thought you were more intelligent than that. I guess I was wrong. It's happened before. It will probably happen again.

Oh, and for the record - though I am an American, by birth, I am also an Indian. SO, get your facts straight or GTFO.

And in this post and the posts prior to it, it seems you're the one with the anger issues *and* projecting it onto him. I wonder if you start targeting me next?

You missed the parody. I transitioned into demonstrating the nature (the trolling nature) of his posts. Who in their right mind would earnestly assert that Indians are racist because the invented the Swastika or that someone was to be reincarnated as a proboscis monkey. :lol:

The point being that he is trolling and that's why most of what he has said here is equally absurd.


You're assuming most people are in their right minds to begin with.

I did miss the impersonation you were doing- then again, I had not seen this before, as I am (relatively) new, so it's easy to see why I didn't make the connection.

But, being said Indian in said America, you might be surprised at how many people have asserted either that 1) I'm part of a racist culture (because the Indians they know are very Indo-centric, even to the point of their family lives, marriages, etc.), or 2) Been confused with people of Middle Eastern descent / Muslim faith, especially after the 9/11 terrorist attacks. I've been called dot-head, towel-head, and held at gun point - all because of the color of my skin.

Not everyone is in a logical frame of mind.

I heard the dot is for husband's can press RESET when the wife is nagging too much.
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johngalt
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 257
Location: 3rd Rock

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smartass lol.

I'm sure there are some men who want such a reset, though. And from all walks of life / cultures. hell, even from different genera, families, even perhaps orders...
_________________
desultory wrote:
If you want to retain credibility as a functional adult; when you are told that you are acting boorishly, the correct response is to consider that possibility and act accordingly to correct that behavior.


Amen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 131
Location: India

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
notageek wrote:
You know that because you're a spiritual authority on reincarnation, in fact Dalai Lama asks you for advise.

Are you so unintelligent to realize that the incident was made up?

We both know it wasn't.
No, you don't.
_________________
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1605
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To late. You told the elaborate story, answered questions about it, and have let it stand for years during which it has been brought up repeatedly. Now you want people to believe you were lying when you told the original story? The only consequence is that, one way or the other, people know you're full of crap and you have zero credibility.
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum