View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stelinux
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject: [solved] Chromium and seccomp-bpf-helpers Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I would ask to all the people that use Chromium on amd64 if they have the error:

Code:

../../sandbox/linux/seccomp-bpf-helpers/sigsys_handlers.cc:**CRASHING**:seccomp-bpf failure in syscall 0026
Received signal 11 SEGV_MAPERR 00000000001a

and eventually how to overcome it.

Thanks

EDIT: I read on Internet that is due to --no-multilib profile
chromium-browser --no-sandbox or
chromium-browser --disable-seccomp-filter-sandbox solve (+/-) the problem
joecool
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this report. I was beginning to believe I was the only person with this issue. However, this isn't a fix. It's a workaround, and a bad one from a security standpoint.

If you're able to, please show me what research you've found. I found this link, but their conclusion was wrong: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-8207898.html (the bug report linked to is for a different syscall failure... but we're all facing syscall 0026 failures)
h017ah
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any news on this? I also lately have to start chromium with --disable-seccomp-filter-sandbox on one of my computers (tested now with version 70.something) - maybe we lack some kernel options for seccomp or something?
stelinux
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for delay,
You are right about security so I choose to remove definitely chromium and to install google-chrome that do not have this problem.
Furthermore I use Falkon / qtwebengine-5.9.6 with QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS="--disable-gpu"

And, believe me, I love Linux but not the headache :D
h017ah
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahm. Well.

I just did a emerge -eav world on my system, with a newly installed gcc 8.2.0. That, combined with 4.18.5 kernel, and forcing chromium to compile with gcc, solved this issue for me.

It feels like an extremely overkill solution for this issue, but ... whatever works in the end. I have not been able to pinpoint exactly what fixed it, unfortunately...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: