PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:
cokey wrote:
Old School wrote:
You are such a docile little serf....
No, you're the docile little serf. ...

No. You're the docile little serf ...

No, you're the smurf. All blue, and smiley.

Did I do that right?

No, because nobody has any reason to believe I am blue. I suggest you review my very lucid statement.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:
cokey wrote:
Old School wrote:

Did I do that right?

No, no! It's SERF not smurf!

It just keeps getting better
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
cokey wrote:
How many fucking times do I have to say it... I AM NOT AGAINST PEOPLE OWNING FUCKING GUNS!!!!!
Why did you feel the need to but that in size 24 font? I've read you make that claim a couple of times, but then you equate people who enjoy firearms with McVeigh. The latter does not suggest you support civilian ownership of firearms. Maybe reduce the trolling or vitriol on the subject?
I used the font so people know the difference between being anti-gun and being sensible about guns.

What I believe:
a) I'm for removing semi-automatics and hand guns from circulation and a concerted effort to remove all illegal guns from the street. It would probably take about 10 years and things like a buy back system would help.

b) People can still have rifles with permits. You would have to demonstrate that you have a safe place to keep it.

c) Any gun can be kept at a shooting range and shot there.

Those three should allow the streets to be safer, people who want to hunt still can hunt and those interested in guns can still do it - just in a safe place. The last one also allows gun shops to change their business strategy and still sell their weapons as long as the weapons are kept in an ultra-secure place.
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

desultory wrote:
flysideways wrote:
Angry? Not going to go all James Hodgkinson are you?
If you would be so kind as to dial that back a bit, cokey is already making a decent case for the first OTW ban in over three years and I would rather it not turn into a purge.

In case anyone missed the reference, Hodgkinson was the one who attacked the Republican practice for the congressional baseball game in 2017.
A ban? Don't be ridiculous. You don't seem to care when people call me serf or accuse me of being like a WWII collaborator but you care when I say people sound like Tim McVeigh? If you're going to be an admin maybe you should start off by treating people equally
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
cokey wrote:
Old School wrote:
cokey wrote:
desultory wrote:
wswartzendruber wrote:
cokey wrote:
wswartzendruber is sounding like Tim McVeigh

I think I'm owed an explanation.
There is a good explanation or a vacation in his future.
Tim McVeigh was obsessed by guns, the second amendment and anti-government (I just watched a documentary). Several people on this board sound like that.

You are such a docile little serf. The sad thing is you believe you are really edgy, when in fact you are just a willing serf that mindlessly believes what his betters feed him. Unelected EU bureaucrats said it, so it must be true. I heard it from the BBC, it must be true. A true patriot; a true citizen questions EVERYTHING those in power profess.

Sad.

If W reminds you of McVeigh, you remind me of WWII French collaborators of the NAZIs. Anything to keep the Swamp in power over the Little People. :P
No, you're the docile little serf. The sad thing is you believe you are really edgy, when in fact you are just a willing serf that mindlessly believes what his betters feed him. Unelected US journalists said it, so it must be true. I heard it from the FOX, it must be true.

"A true patriot; a true citizen..." :lol: :lol: :lol: Why don't you blast out some Springsteen and put on Rambo.

The fact is, you don't need to be a patriot or a citizen, you just need to question. And when it comes to questioning you fall down further than I do because I always question everything my government does, everything your government does and everything every government does whereas you blindly believe everything Trump says even though you know most of it is horse shit.

All this anti-government swamp shit makes you and your ilk sound like Tim McVeigh as well.

No. You're the docile little serf who believes whatever he is told. The reasons this is so obvious to everyone but you are:

a) the inconsistency of your apparent beliefs; they are obviously not the work of one mind or any particular moral compass.

b) your nearly constant inability to support your arguments with anything but ad hominem attacks or random, senseless shouting. You're the guy we can always count on to just keep arguing, saying absolutely nothing, when it's obvious to everyone else that he's wrong and it's time to concede the facts or at least shut up.

c) you parrot absurd arguments without ever questioning their validity (perfect case in point right here earlier with your logically ridiculous claim that an unarmed person is more able to defend himself and others than an armed individual, because there are more unarmed people). You apparently have no critical thinking skills, or, more likely, they are repressed by an obsessively overwhelming herd instinct.
You're just pissed that you don't know maths
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:
cokey wrote:
Old School wrote:

Did I do that right?

Does that make you Papa Serf? :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
desultory
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokey wrote:
desultory wrote:
flysideways wrote:
If you would be so kind as to dial that back a bit, cokey is already making a decent case for the first OTW ban in over three years and I would rather it not turn into a purge.

In case anyone missed the reference, Hodgkinson was the one who attacked the Republican practice for the congressional baseball game in 2017.
A ban?
Yes, I was, and am, considering it.
cokey wrote:
Don't be ridiculous.
How so?
cokey wrote:
You don't seem to care when people call me serf or accuse me of being like a WWII collaborator but you care when I say people sound like Tim McVeigh? If you're going to be an admin maybe you should start off by treating people equally
You know, the standard postmodernist trope of throwing around accusations hoping that they will leave the accused on the defensive is such a curious phenomenon. Using inferred philosophical framework of the accused against them on the basis that they will attempt to clear their name of the accusations lodged by the postmodernist while the postmodernist, fundamentally, believes the accusation to be worth only the reaction it brings and the freedom it gives them to act while the accused responds. If an accusation is worthless to the accuser, there is no reason for it to not be equally worthless to the accused. In short, I know the game and refuse to play.

You, on the other hand, know why drawing forced analogies between people who have done no harm to anyone, at very least in relevant context, and terrorists, especially specific infamous individuals, is uncalled for. Further, if you seriously think that Old School missed the point of my interaction with flysideways, make your point; though do be so kind as to make a good argument for your case as it calls for a fair bit of convincing.

cokey wrote:
Old School wrote:
Does that make you Papa Serf? :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
See? You can do the fraternal banter thing if you just try hard enough. It will get easier with practice.
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

desultory wrote:
cokey wrote:
desultory wrote:
flysideways wrote:

A ban?
Yes, I was, and am, considering it.
cokey wrote:
Don't be ridiculous.
How so?
cokey wrote:
You don't seem to care when people call me serf or accuse me of being like a WWII collaborator but you care when I say people sound like Tim McVeigh? If you're going to be an admin maybe you should start off by treating people equally
You know, the standard postmodernist trope of throwing around accusations hoping that they will leave the accused on the defensive is such a curious phenomenon. Using inferred philosophical framework of the accused against them on the basis that they will attempt to clear their name of the accusations lodged by the postmodernist while the postmodernist, fundamentally, believes the accusation to be worth only the reaction it brings and the freedom it gives them to act while the accused responds. If an accusation is worthless to the accuser, there is no reason for it to not be equally worthless to the accused. In short, I know the game and refuse to play.

You, on the other hand, know why drawing forced analogies between people who have done no harm to anyone, at very least in relevant context, and terrorists, especially specific infamous individuals, is uncalled for. Further, if you seriously think that Old School missed the point of my interaction with flysideways, make your point; though do be so kind as to make a good argument for your case as it calls for a fair bit of convincing.
I couldn't care less what you think, I haven't done anything wrong. Misguided or not, if you truly thought my assertion was ban-worthy you would have done it already instead of banding it around to everyone who cares to read the thread.
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokey wrote:
...instead of banding it around to everyone who cares to read the thread.

Well if that's what he's doing, I don't really care one way or the other. While I'm not pressing charges (despite your failure to satisfactorily explain yourself), I'm certainly not advocating for your presence here, either.
Ammunition: Federal Premium HST 124gr
desultory
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokey wrote:
A ban? Don't be ridiculous. You don't seem to care when people call me serf or accuse me of being like a WWII collaborator but you care when I say people sound like Tim McVeigh? If you're going to be an admin maybe you should start off by treating people equally

cokey wrote:
I couldn't care less what you think, I haven't done anything wrong.
Thus confirming my hypothesis regarding the philosophical underpinnings of your arguments.
cokey wrote:
Misguided or not, if you truly thought my assertion was ban-worthy you would have done it already instead of banding it around to everyone who cares to read the thread.
I gave you the chance to explain an asinine comment, at least to the satisfaction of the one at which it was directed. As it turns out, you are in luck; his apathy toward you is your reprieve. Still, do mind your decorum.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokey wrote:
I used the font so people know the difference between being anti-gun and being sensible about guns.

What I believe:
Freedom of speech... just watch what you say. and Shut Up, Be Happy (trigger warning: rap, language).

Shut up, be happy. Obey all orders without question. The comfort you demanded is now mandatory. Be happy. At last everything is done for you.
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
cokey wrote:

What I believe:
Freedom of speech... just watch what you say. and Shut Up, Be Happy (trigger warning: rap, language).

Shut up, be happy. Obey all orders without question. The comfort you demanded is now mandatory. Be happy. At last everything is done for you.
Do you have a comment to do with my views on gun control? I think they are both sensible and allows people to keep their interest in guns. I am interest to hear what you think would be better/worse and what would/wouldn't be workable

Last edited by cokey on Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was directly related to your views on banning guns.
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Or my lack thereof?
zixnub
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zixnub wrote:
Looks like we can reset the counter 'x days without a mass shooting'.

11 -> 0

a newspaper this time it seems
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the MSM a few days to figure themselves out.
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
MSM?
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zixnub wrote:
zixnub wrote:
Looks like we can reset the counter 'x days without a mass shooting'.

11 -> 0

a newspaper this time it seems
I think we're 21 years and counting
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokey wrote:
wswartzendruber wrote:
MSM?

Mainstream Media
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokey wrote:
pjp wrote:
Or my lack thereof?
Your proposal did all but throw away the key.
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
cokey wrote:
pjp wrote:
Or my lack thereof?
Your proposal did all but throw away the key.
How so? All guns are permitted under certain circumstances. Hunting rifles are allowed. I'm not sure you read what I put, you certainly didn't bother quoting it.

Please read it again and tell me where it would make people worse off. I was expecting a reasoned discussion as to which parts would work, which wouldn't and which could be amended in some way so some could have their cake and eat it.

...And don't come back until you've finished your homework :P
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokey wrote:
I'm not sure you read what I put
Did YOU read what you put?

cokey wrote:
Any gun can be kept at a shooting range and shot there.
And the exact next step by any society willing to take the measures you proposed would be to deny access.
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going by police statements, it would seem the newsroom shooter targeted five specific people and ignored the rest. The weapon of choice seems to have been a shotgun. Maryland appears to already have an assault weapons ban. He is not cooperating with police and has yet to be identified. A single explosive device was found and deactivated.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's worth pointing out that we've had a constant rhetoric coming, even from the media, that the President is the enemy of the people. That's been repeated constantly, and I think it's worth noting that if there is a link here, that the publication was being targeted, that that kind of rhetoric can be very dangerous in these times.

~18:02 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7VhlsIVyaY

“And, just to relate this back to kind of a bigger conversation that we’ve had this week about civility and rhetoric, lone wolf actors are often alienated individuals who are looking to displace their anger and frustration onto some kind of outside entity or enemy, and I think it’s worth pointing out that we’ve had a constant rhetoric coming, even from the president, that the press is the enemy of the people. That’s been repeated constantly, and I think it’s worth noting that if there is a link here, that the publication was being targeted, that that kind of rhetoric can be very dangerous in these times.” -- former "FBI Special Agent" now working for CNN.
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
cokey wrote:
I'm not sure you read what I put
Did YOU read what you put?
of course, I took a lot of care writing it

pjp wrote:
cokey wrote:
Any gun can be kept at a shooting range and shot there.
And the exact next step by any society willing to take the measures you proposed would be to deny access.
Speculation. Unrealistic speculation at that. How could any society be willing to deny tens of thousands of them?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: