GTK theme affects Firefox-60
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
levente
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: GTK theme affects Firefox-60 Reply with quote

[Moderator note: changed title from GTK theme affects web browser to distinguish Firefox from Chrome. -Hu]

Hello

I'm using Firefox 60 (testing on amd64), this problem was present on all versions, so this is not a version specific problem
My GTK themes are affecting my web browser's appearance (the local CSS I think, I'm not sure)

Is there a way to fix this? Is this a dependency issue?
grumblebear
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why should that be a bug? It's a feature. Of course you can customize, at least to some extent, colors, widgets, ...
Apheus
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Mozilla decided to theme web content form elements with the (outside) desktop theme if the website's css does not define background color or background image. Which is problematic for example with dark themes: If the website is light, and the css defines font color=black for a button, but does not define any background, you get a nice black button with black font.

From firefox 57 on, you can override the GTK theme in about:config: String "widget.content.gtk-theme-override" (you may have to create it). Set it to "Adwaita" or try different themes you have installed.
levente
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apheus wrote:
Yes Mozilla decided to theme web content form elements with the (outside) desktop theme if the website's css does not define background color or background image. Which is problematic for example with dark themes: If the website is light, and the css defines font color=black for a button, but does not define any background, you get a nice black button with black font.

From firefox 57 on, you can override the GTK theme in about:config: String "widget.content.gtk-theme-override" (you may have to create it). Set it to "Adwaita" or try different themes you have installed.

Thanks for the response, that worked!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: