Problems going on with Font maybe causing segfault [SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LIsLinuxIsSogood
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:48 am    Post subject: Problems going on with Font maybe causing segfault [SOLVED] Reply with quote

Hi, I am having problems with applications seg faulting not sure why, but possibly because my system could be outdated and in need of an update. Just checking if that would be a logical conclusion to draw if the applications of Leafpad as well as the Libreoffice suite are not starting and the only sign I have is something to do with fonts or fontconfig. Here is my emerge --info for the global use flags infinality is set I don't know if it is supposed to be or not.

https://paste.pound-python.org/show/GPlRDiagE2HWNDL2uQh9/

Fontconfig list
https://paste.pound-python.org/show/RTbfnpRzEPK641yFGRP2/

Update: Current updating world set with 48 package updates, so we'll see maybe if the many x11 library updates are a cause...although still I'm not sure why an outdated library would suddenly cause applications to segfault unless those other applications were maybe updated and the libraries missing...that could actually be a problem I guess

Last edited by LIsLinuxIsSogood on Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
LIsLinuxIsSogood
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:04 am    Post subject: Probably more serious than Font Related Reply with quote

What would be causing my applications to be unable to launch as normal user (UID 1000 or whatever)? What I did was to attempt launching as root and they seem to work just fine. Also, since I think it could be the segfault data that might help, in terms of that it is some libraries having to do with gtk or gdk or something of the sorts...here:

Code:
[ 5683.807130] leafpad[17131]: segfault at 7ffdea600ff8 ip 00007f8ff73b36ac sp 00007ffdea601000 error 6 in libappmenu-gtk-module.so[7f8ff73b0000+6000]

Although with libreoffice there is no associated message, maybe I can try a trace of that if it helps to diagnose the issue?
LIsLinuxIsSogood
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured out what the problem was. Fixed it with a backup configuration file I had made for the GUI subsystem.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: