[SOLVE] Portage Fetch failed
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oscarandrea
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: [SOLVE] Portage Fetch failed Reply with quote

Hi i am experiencing a problem in Portage, Portage can not download the packages by returning these errors for each time (the full log says no more):
Code:
>>> Emerging (1 of 21) sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-4.16.12::gentoo
 * linux-4.16.tar.xz BLAKE2B SHA512 size ;-) ...                                                                                              [ ok ]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.5/site-packages/portage/util/_async/ForkProcess.py", line 45, in _spawn
    rval = self._run()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.5/site-packages/_emerge/EbuildFetcher.py", line 172, in _run
    allow_missing_digests=allow_missing):
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.5/site-packages/portage/package/ebuild/fetch.py", line 767, in fetch
    shutil.copyfile(mirror_file, myfile_path)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.5/site-packages/portage/__init__.py", line 250, in __call__
    rval = self._func(*wrapped_args, **wrapped_kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.5/shutil.py", line 120, in copyfile
    with open(src, 'rb') as fsrc:
NotADirectoryError: [Errno 20] Not a directory: b'/usr/share/portage/config/make.globals/genpatches-4.16-13.base.tar.xz'
 * Fetch failed for 'sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-4.16.12', Log file:
 *  '/var/tmp/portage/sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-4.16.12/temp/build.log'

emerge --info: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/uFD3UHo5BnXjiV4MsrJt/

thanks

Last edited by oscarandrea on Sun May 27, 2018 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hu

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the output of ls -ld /usr{,/share{,/portage{,/config{,/make.globals{,/genpatches-4.16-13.base.tar.xz}}}}}?
oscarandrea
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
What is the output of ls -ld /usr{,/share{,/portage{,/config{,/make.globals{,/genpatches-4.16-13.base.tar.xz}}}}}?

Code:

[~]  ls -ld /usr{,/share{,/portage{,/config{,/make.globals{,/genpatches-4.16-13.base.tar.xz}}}}}                                           17:48:55
ls: impossibile accedere a '/usr/share/portage/config/make.globals/genpatches-4.16-13.base.tar.xz': Non è una directory
drwxr-xr-x  13 root root  4096  8 mag 18.58 /usr
drwxr-xr-x 258 root root 12288 27 mag 11.50 /usr/share
drwxr-xr-x   3 root root  4096  6 lug  2017 /usr/share/portage
drwxr-xr-x   3 root root  4096 11 mag 09.54 /usr/share/portage/config
-rw-r--r--   1 root root  6314 11 mag 09.54 /usr/share/portage/config/make.globals

in english: ls: Cannot access [...] is not a directory
Thanks for the reply
Hu

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is strange. /usr/share/portage/config/make.globals is a file for me too, so the problem seems to be that Portage is trying to use it as a directory when it should not. I expected to find that a path that should have been a directory was instead a file.

I see in your emerge --info that you set GENTOO_MIRRORS="/usr/share/portage/config/make.globals". In my emerge --info, GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org". I would not expect the failing path to use this variable in this way. However, I do not see any value in having GENTOO_MIRRORS set as you have it. Try removing that and repeating your test.

As a minor tip, I think that you can set LC_ALL=C to force all error messages to be untranslated: LC_ALL=C ls /no-such-path. This may be more convenient than letting it print in your native language, then requiring you to translate it to English for us.
oscarandrea
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
That is strange. /usr/share/portage/config/make.globals is a file for me too, so the problem seems to be that Portage is trying to use it as a directory when it should not. I expected to find that a path that should have been a directory was instead a file.

I see in your emerge --info that you set GENTOO_MIRRORS="/usr/share/portage/config/make.globals". In my emerge --info, GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org". I would not expect the failing path to use this variable in this way. However, I do not see any value in having GENTOO_MIRRORS set as you have it. Try removing that and repeating your test.

As a minor tip, I think that you can set LC_ALL=C to force all error messages to be untranslated: LC_ALL=C ls /no-such-path. This may be more convenient than letting it print in your native language, then requiring you to translate it to English for us.

Thanks a lot, the problem has been solved as you suggested
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org"
:D
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: