[SOLVED] qtcore-5.9.5 in conflict with qtcore-5.9.4
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pourpier
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] qtcore-5.9.5 in conflict with qtcore-5.9.4 Reply with quote

After a world update I got the following message:
Code:
WARNING: One or more updates/rebuilds have been skipped due to a dependency conflict:

dev-qt/qtcore:5

(dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.5:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) conflicts with
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.9.4-r1:5/5.9::gentoo, installed)
    ^              ^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtx11extras-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, installed)
    ^              ^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/linguist-tools-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, installed)
    ^              ^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtgui-5.9.4-r3:5/5.9::gentoo, installed)
    ^              ^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtconcurrent-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, installed)
    ^              ^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qttest-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, installed)
    ^              ^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtnetwork-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, installed)
    ^              ^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtdbus-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, installed)
    ^              ^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtxml-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, installed)
    ^              ^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtopengl-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, installed)
    ^              ^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtsql-5.9.4-r1:5/5.9::gentoo, installed)

I tried with --backtrack=30 then with 100 then with 1000 but it didn't help.
I could wait of course but I would like to know how to solve this kind of conflict.
Best regards,
pourpier

PS: I found the solution in this post: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1074694-highlight-qtcore+conflict.html
I applied the same principle and there was no conflict anymore.

[Moderator edit: added [code] tags to preserve output layout. -Hu]
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: