[solved] can't emerge chromium-66.0.3359.117
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnBlbec
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: [solved] can't emerge chromium-66.0.3359.117 Reply with quote

hello,

does anybody has the same problem? it always finishes with:

Code:

obj/chrome/browser/libbrowser.a(download_query.o): In function `(anonymous namespace)::BuildRegexFilter(base::Value const&, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > (*)(download::DownloadItem const&))':
download_query.cc:(.text._ZN12_GLOBAL__N_116BuildRegexFilterERKN4base5ValueEPFNSt3
__112basic_stringIcNS4_11char_traitsIcEENS4_9allocatorIcEEEERKN8download12DownloadItemEE+0x4c):
undefined reference to `re2::RE2::RE2(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > const&)'
obj/components/dom_distiller/core/libcore.a(page_features.o):
In function `dom_distiller::CalculateDerivedFeatures(bool, GURL const&, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, double, double, double)':
page_features.cc:(.text._ZN13dom_distiller24CalculateDerivedFeaturesEbRK4GURLjjjddd+0x5ae):
undefined reference to `re2::RE2::RE2(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > const&)'
page_features.cc:(.text._ZN13dom_distiller24CalculateDerivedFeaturesEbRK4GURLjjjddd+0x68b):
obj/components/dom_distiller/core/libcore.a(page_features.o):page_features.cc:
(.text._ZN13dom_distiller24CalculateDerivedFeaturesEbRK4GURLjjjddd+0x765): more undefined references to `re2::RE2::RE2(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > const&)' follow
clang-6.0: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

you can find a full build log here and my emerge --info here

thanks for any advice...

[Moderator edit: broke long whitespace-free lines in code tags to fix thread layout. -Hu]

Last edited by JohnBlbec on Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems a gcc abi change issue, try to rebuild dev-libs/re2 package and look this item news
JohnBlbec
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've already tried to rebuild re2 but it hasn't helped. i'll try to execute a command below (thanks for your hint):
Code:

revdep-rebuild --library 'libstdc++.so.6' -- --exclude gcc

edit: that doesn't help

fedeliallalinea wrote:
It seems a gcc abi change issue, try to rebuild dev-libs/re2 package and look this item news

Last edited by JohnBlbec on Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
engineermdr
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same issue. I had to remove the default-libcxx and default-compiler-rt flags use flags and rebuild clang first to get chromium to build. Do you have these use flags on?
JohnBlbec
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i can confirm that's the work-around. thank you :-)

engineermdr wrote:
I had the same issue. I had to remove the default-libcxx and default-compiler-rt flags use flags and rebuild clang first to get chromium to build. Do you have these use flags on?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: