Arduino 1.8.5 causes dmesg: No irq handler for vector
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMachinesTeacher
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject: Arduino 1.8.5 causes dmesg: No irq handler for vector Reply with quote

I'm not sure this is the right part of the forums to post this, so please let me know if I should move it.

I emerged arduino-1.8.5 becuase i am trying to use the Additional Boards Manager to install the libraries necessary to program the ATtinys. I am sure there is another way to install the libraries, but I wanted to try the recommended way of installing them.

As soon as I start the arduino-ide, it starts flooding terminals and dmesg with
Code:

Message from syslogd@lekhoba at Fri Mar 23 17:03:09 2018 ...
lekhoba kernel: [ 6297.789356] do_IRQ: 2.33 No irq handler for vector

The messages stop when I close the arduino-ide

I did not have this problem when I arduino-1.0.5-r1. uname -a says
Code:

Linux lekhoba 4.15.7-gentoo-r1 #2 SMP Thu Mar 8 15:33:45 PST 2018 x86_64 Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3710 @ 1.60GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

I know no irq handler for vector has to do with the computer not having code to run when a specific interrupt is detected, but I don't know why arduino even uses an interrupt! I haven't been able to find anything about arduino causing this problem in my various google searches.

Does anybody have an idea of what it could be, what I should try to find out what I can do or what is causing this? Let me know if you want more information on something.
TheMachinesTeacher
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I installed arduino-1.8.5 on my Ryzen system running essentially the same software as that Intel machine and did not have this problem. It seems to be system specific. I am still not sure what I can research to find out more information.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: