emerge fails: dev-lang/mono-4.4.1.0, www-servers/xsp-2014.12
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marco.difresco
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: emerge fails: dev-lang/mono-4.4.1.0, www-servers/xsp-2014.12 Reply with quote

[Moderator note: Changed thread title from Problems emerging MonoDevelop to emerge fails: dev-lang/mono-4.4.1.0, www-servers/xsp-2014.12-r2014120900 on the basis that the thread is not about a problem emerging MonoDevelop, but rather about problems emerging dependencies that must be installed before the emerge of MonoDevelop can be attempted. -Hu]

Hi all,
I have installed the dotnet overlay repository (layman -a dotnet) to install MonoDevelop, but I have problems installing it.

MonoDevelop try to emerge dev-lang/mono-4.4.1.0, but it fails to compile; the build.log is here: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/ddXuLZIY8npjhOoc5F4p/

I have been able to install dev-lang/mono-5.4.1.6, but then the MonoDevelop's install fails at www-servers/xsp-2014.12-r2014120900; the build log is here: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/H7VJmnPcWG5uaRYaYcfI/

How can I solve it?

Bonus question: do I really need to install www-servers/xsp? I am planning to create a conventional desktop application, not an asp.net site.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I also got problems with dev-dotnet/nuget-2.8.7-r3 as /usr/portage/distfiles/nuget-2.8.7.tar.gz didn't match the cached checksum, but I have been able to solve it by copying the ebuild and the ./files to /usr/local/portage/dev-dotnet/nuget/ and regenerate the manifest.
Hu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: emerge fails: dev-lang/mono-4.4.1.0, www-servers/xsp-2014.12 Reply with quote

marco.difresco wrote:
P.S.: I also got problems with dev-dotnet/nuget-2.8.7-r3 as /usr/portage/distfiles/nuget-2.8.7.tar.gz didn't match the cached checksum, but I have been able to solve it by copying the ebuild and the ./files to /usr/local/portage/dev-dotnet/nuget/ and regenerate the manifest.
That is not a solution. That is a bypass of the sanity check that failed. You should bypass this check only when you know the upstream file is correct and the Portage manifest is wrong.
marco.difresco
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: emerge fails: dev-lang/mono-4.4.1.0, www-servers/xsp-201 Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
marco.difresco wrote:
That is not a solution. That is a bypass of the sanity check that failed. You should bypass this check only when you know the upstream file is correct and the Portage manifest is wrong.

Sorry for the incorrect wording; indeed it is just a workaround and not a solution. :oops:
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: emerge fails: dev-lang/mono-4.4.1.0, www-servers/xsp-201 Reply with quote

marco.difresco wrote:
Hu wrote:
marco.difresco wrote:

Sorry for the incorrect wording; indeed it is just a workaround and not a solution. :oops:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/650796
marco.difresco
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: emerge fails: dev-lang/mono-4.4.1.0, www-servers/xsp-201 Reply with quote

fedeliallalinea wrote:
marco.difresco wrote:
Hu wrote:
marco.difresco wrote:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/650796

Hi fedeliallalinea,
thanks for the bug url; I have put my address on CC so I'll get updates from it.

In the mean time I have uninstalled and removed my /usr/local/portage/dev-dotnet/nuget/ hack (since I am stuck with dev-lang/mono and www-servers/xsp anyway, I have time to monitor that).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: