View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ygkerc
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Forced fake bold fonts for Qt5 applications Reply with quote

I have both Qt 5.7.1 and 4.8.7 installed. The problem is every Qt5 application (GTK and Qt4 are not affected) displays the font in fake bold whenever it is told to display the bold version of a font, even if the font has a bold version itself e. g. Open Sans. The same goes for the italic ones. The only exception is QFontDialog which always shows the correct previews of bold/italic fonts.

Fontconfig seems to be sane.
Code:
$ fc-match --version
fontconfig version 2.12.4
$ fc-match Noto\ Sans:style=Bold
NotoSans-Bold.ttf: "Noto Sans" "Bold"
$ fc-match Noto\ Sans
NotoSans-Regular.ttf: "Noto Sans" "Regular"

(Please correct my grammar mistakes if any.)
koko2k
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-63792?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel&showAll=true
ygkerc
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koko2k wrote:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-63792?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel&showAll=true

Well, that issue seems to differ from the one I had.
I have realized that the problem lies in the theme configuration in KDE is rather than Qt, because I tried switching to twm and my pretty bold fonts came back. I have just learned that Qt5 (compared to 4) loads config from the current display environment, so Qt4 worked well while Qt5 didn't (perhaps QFontDialog worked well because it doesn't use KDE's settings when rendering the font). I thought it was a problem with Qt rather than my KDE settings just because logging in as a new user didn't solve it.
(I learned that a few days ago. Currently I am away from my computer and unable to put my hands on it.)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: