View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frli8848
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: [WORKAROUND] KDE 5.x More settings popup menu does not work Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm trying to activate auto-hide (on two laptops) to save some screen space but when clicking on the "More settings" button the popu menu does not show or just shows for a few ms so it is impossible to select anything. I have this problem on at least 4 different machines (Ivy Bridge, Haswell, Skylake). I have had this problem on older Plasma versions too but I see this at least on:

Plasma 5.11.2
KFE 5.39.0
Qt 5.9.2

As a work-a-round, can one edit some config file(s) manually to activate auto-hide?

/Fredrik

Last edited by frli8848 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange on all my machines menu "More Settings..." work normally (same version of plasma, KF and QT).
It also happens with a new user (without old home config files)?
frli8848
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject: [WORKAROUND] KDE 5.x: More settings popup menu does not work Reply with quote

frli8848 wrote:
Hi All,

I'm trying to activate auto-hide (on two laptops) to save some screen space but when clicking on the "More settings" button the popu menu does not show or just shows for a few ms so it is impossible to select anything. I have this problem on at least 4 different machines (Ivy Bridge, Haswell, Skylake). I have had this problem on older Plasma versions too but I see this at least on:

Plasma 5.11.2
KFE 5.39.0
Qt 5.9.2

As a work-a-round, can one edit some config file(s) manually to activate auto-hide?

/Fredrik

I have updated several times and I'm now running:

Plasma 5.12
Frameworks 5.43.0
Qt 5.9.4

and I still see the same problem. I have, however, found a workaround that makes the "More Settings" popup menu to not go away when one moves the mouse. Apparently there is a bug related to how windows are activated with the mouse. If one sets (with the slider):

System settings -> Window Management -> Window Behaviour -> Focus Strictly Under Mouse (Hover)

then the "More Settings" popup will immediately dissapear when one moves the mouse. The workaround is just to set the focus policy to

System settings -> Window Management -> Window Behaviour -> Click (Click To Focus)

One can then click on the "More Settings" and activate auto hide and then go back to the System Settings and set the focus policy to Focus Strictly Under Mouse (Hover) again.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: