View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I missed the Dunham connection on that one.
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry One wrote:
The last nine weeks, spent both wrongfully accused and ignored, were frightening for me and my family. It was also baffling. As days turned to weeks, and weeks into months, Random House and Ms. Dunham's silence became unfathomable.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#MeToo movement lawmaker investigated for sexual misconduct allegations

Previously on #MeToo:
Quote:
“Multiple people have grabbed my butt and grabbed my breasts,” she said. “We’re talking about senior lobbyists and lawmakers.”

And unrelated to the above, mob mentality has repercussions:
Quote:
Today she did not survive. Jill took her own life.

Jill was victimized by our new culture of unlimited information sharing and a willingness to accept statement as fact. The speed of disseminating information has carried mistruths about Jill as a person, which she was unable and unwilling to challenge. She became collateral damage in an already horrific story.

Jill believed in the Movement. She supported every woman finally coming forward to share their dark truths and expose those who had committed previously unspeakable deeds. She was loyal. She was strong. Jill was many things, but she was not a liar.

pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Cuban's *spit* Dallas Mavericks front office "a real life Animal House."

Mark Cuban *spit* also admits to tanking games.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Ever Happened To Brendan Fraser?

James Woods wrote:
I recommend this interview highly. I, too, was blacklisted by that individual at #HFPA after nine Golden Globe nominations. During a press junket with HFPA, he asked if I would support Hillary Clinton if she ever ran for president. Never nominated again.

For the record, however, he was never physically “sketchy” with me in any way similar to that alleged by Brendan Fraser in GQ. He was probably aware I might have knocked his teeth out, had he tried. Final note: I’m so glad Brendan Fraser is back entertaining us. I’m a big fan.

I thought the Apple stock reference was funny.
Quote:
JW: While #Liberals scream about the 50's blacklist, my #Repub actor friends are terrified of losing their ability to provide for their families

Q: Are there more #Repub actors than we know, and they all just remain quiet for fear of being shunned and blacklisted?

JW: Absolutely. The only reason I express my views is that I have accepted the fact that I'm blacklisted. Also I bought Apple stock in the 80's
(Sources: Woods 1, Woods 2, Woods 3)
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both straight shooters according to me. I _hope_ there is no shit between the lines here.
Brendan Frasier and Woods are really talented. Woods I do love for his life philosophy. Live in a hotel. Brilliant!
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beeb wrote:
"There are even some people who feel my White House experiences don't have a place in this movement, as what transpired between Bill Clinton and myself was not sexual assault, although we now recognise that it constituted a gross abuse of power."

We?
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall hearing that she said it was anything other than a relationship of consent.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clemson student charged with falsely reporting rape says she is victim of sex assault wrote:
Investigators determined the sexual encounter between Campbell and the accused individual were consensual, and that "Campbell had not been truthful in the information that she provided," Watt said in the release.
During the investigation, ifcclemson wrote:
Therefore, we are suspending all social events at fraternity houses effective immediately. This suspension will be effective until necessary measures are taken.

pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kudos where it's due. CNN in this case.

Apparently there is a lack of distancing from Farrakhan...

Nation of Islam leader Farrakhan delivers anti-Semitic speech

CNN’s Jake Tapper Hits Democrats For Refusing To Condemn Farrakhan, “People Want The Association”
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A recent comment
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flysideways wrote:
A recent comment
In all accounts I recall hearing, none involved her being an unwilling participant. On the other hand, there were many preceding incidents involving potential rape. It is an interesting choice to focus on what is perhaps the least troubling incident involving Bill.
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heidi Fleiss wrote:
What do you think about Harvey Weinstein's accusers and the #MeToo movement?

I’m not going be like Donna Karan and kill my career, or like Pamela Anderson. They say it’s the women’s fault. I will never do that because, look, every girl has been sexually taken advantage of. I think he's disgusting and a pig. He handled this thing terribly. But some of it doesn't make sense to me. Especially when they say, "Oh, it happened six times." That's weird. I think in certain instances, women slept with him in exchange for a part, and he kept his end of the bargain.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Women are the real sexual abusers, and men aren't their only victims. The other women who are too ethical or too ugly to use sex to get what they want, they suffer too.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: