Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
But he isn't even trying. He would have a lot of allies (some republican) if he decided to reduce military spending. But he didn't.
Military spending isn't going to solve it. And we can't reasonably expect to cut military spending when "we" keep expecting the military to be the world's police. So that takes that issue effectively off the table for cuts. Next.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
National defense is mandated by the Constitution, the welfare state is not.

nothing in your constitution mandates the level of military spending. When Obama was president you were like a triggered SJW who heard the word "mankind" when it came to spending. Now all you need is "it's in the constitution"?

OldSchool wrote:
No, it is the biggest problem. Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid eat most of the budget. Military spending is less than 20% of the budget, while Social Security and the welfare state add up to close to 60% of the budget.

I never said it was the biggest, I said it was the "easiest" to cut. The people most hurt by military cuts will be defence companies. Even the pentagon does't want some of the stuff they are given. It's literally a massive transfer of wealth from you to the defence companies, when your own military says it doesn't need.

So, cutting the military produces very few losers. By contrast, if you SS, how are people like you going to pay your bills :lol: ? I agree, all you need to do is the math and you see that SS and the others need fixing. But be prepared for the human cost of it.

But, in any case, it appears that you agree you spend too much.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
Muso wrote:
National defense is mandated by the Constitution, the welfare state is not.

nothing in your constitution mandates the level of military spending. When Obama was president you were like a triggered SJW who heard the word "mankind" when it came to spending. Now all you need is "it's in the constitution"?

Nice army of strawmen you are creating there. Where have I said that the current level is spending is fine?

I'll be waiting, and then when you realize I never have, I'll take your apology.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like the best thread to put this... it is about the continuing resolution.

Paul & Lee demonstrate why the T.E.A. party movement gained ground, and why they need to take control (along with any Democrats who might be willing to break with insanity). Paul & lee are worth listening too. I think the length of King's remarks demonstrate the lack of conviction, along with how easily they were refuted. Based on his opening statement, it sounds like he was chosen as a sacrifice to say something.

0-~7m
Sen John Cornyn (R-TX) "Can we vote"
Sen Rand Paul (R-KY) "I object"

07:08 - Sen Paul

24:14 - Sen Mike Lee (R-UT)

38:08 - Sen Angus King (I-ME)

43:17 - Sen Mike Lee - Response to King.

Senator Mike Lee "Who Benefits From This! Certainly NOT The American People!"
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaand here comes crypt values!
No politicians
No bank systems ( as of yet ).
Just the flow of currencies.
A news flash : Gustavskorv (smoked horsemeat) is great without having even a single per cent of alcohol.
I almost hate myself...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: