Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
How is this any different from the Islamophobia today?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sugar
Guru
Guru


Joined: 07 Aug 2004
Posts: 579
Location: Morrinsville, New Zealand

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
sugar wrote:
A group of people should not be judged, only on their ability to produce goods and services for others.



It's a bit difficult to do that when you're blowing people up.


which the Irish figured out.

Economic growth in Ireland has done more to solve 'the troubles' than hundred of years of anti-catholic rhetoric by the English ever did.
_________________
He who calls for full employment calls for war!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
o'bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Posts: 90
Location: Detroit, Michigan - The Home of Rock and Roll

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sugar wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
sugar wrote:
A group of people should not be judged, only on their ability to produce goods and services for others.



It's a bit difficult to do that when you're blowing people up.


which the Irish figured out.

Economic growth in Ireland has done more to solve 'the troubles' than hundred of years of anti-catholic rhetoric by the English ever did.


Not to mention becoming an international tax haven...
_________________
"History began on July 4,1776. Everything before that was a mistake." -Ron Swanson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John-Boy
Guru
Guru


Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 440
Location: Desperately seeking moksha in all the wrong places

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sugar wrote:
which the Irish figured out.


And the Irish have nothing to do with the price of fish.
_________________
Like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 29 Jan 2005
Posts: 151

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: How is this any different from the Islamophobia today? Reply with quote

cokey wrote:
It's John Cleese talking about The Life of Brian and I thought it's taken 35 years to go from Christians to Muslims.

https://youtu.be/GCsK8t628N0?t=3m23s


If Sarah Silverman, who says she's afraid to make fun of Islam because of being blown up, is your indicator, it'll be a while longer. She's the one with an active fear of Islam.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 763
Location: EU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Old School wrote:
What islamophobia? Are we burning muzzies at the stake? Torturing them until they accept Jesus?

Of course not. We just drop bombs on them like any civilized person would.


not because they are muslim.

There is all sorts of hell in the middle east, and many of the US actions there are not justified. But I don't think any bombs are dropped because they are muslims. And I say that about both the real and stated reasons.
_________________
wswartzendruber wrote:
Well, every group has its nutjobs, and the Second Amendment crowd is no exception.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nokilli
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 25 Feb 2004
Posts: 185

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
But I don't think any bombs are dropped because they are muslims. And I say that about both the real and stated reasons.

That might have been true were it not for the Jewish state.
_________________
Today is the first day of the rest of your Gentoo installation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
richk449
Guru
Guru


Joined: 24 Oct 2003
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Old School wrote:
What islamophobia? Are we burning muzzies at the stake? Torturing them until they accept Jesus?

Of course not. We just drop bombs on them like any civilized person would.


not because they are muslim.

There is all sorts of hell in the middle east, and many of the US actions there are not justified. But I don't think any bombs are dropped because they are muslims. And I say that about both the real and stated reasons.

Fair enough. I was being tongue in cheek.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 240
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
juniper wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Old School wrote:
What islamophobia? Are we burning muzzies at the stake? Torturing them until they accept Jesus?

Of course not. We just drop bombs on them like any civilized person would.


not because they are muslim.

There is all sorts of hell in the middle east, and many of the US actions there are not justified. But I don't think any bombs are dropped because they are muslims. And I say that about both the real and stated reasons.

Fair enough. I was being tongue in cheek.
I knew that. I thought it quite witty. :wink:
_________________
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 17515

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
richk449 wrote:
juniper wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Old School wrote:
What islamophobia? Are we burning muzzies at the stake? Torturing them until they accept Jesus?

Of course not. We just drop bombs on them like any civilized person would.


not because they are muslim.

There is all sorts of hell in the middle east, and many of the US actions there are not justified. But I don't think any bombs are dropped because they are muslims. And I say that about both the real and stated reasons.

Fair enough. I was being tongue in cheek.
I knew that. I thought it quite witty. :wink:
Reminds me of how "horrified" the British were at US tactics during the rebellion.
_________________
It is what it is out there. So whatever it is, it is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 763
Location: EU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nokilli wrote:
juniper wrote:
But I don't think any bombs are dropped because they are muslims. And I say that about both the real and stated reasons.

That might have been true were it not for the Jewish state.


They also don't do it for that reason. The reasons why they do it may not be legitimate, but it's not that reason.
_________________
wswartzendruber wrote:
Well, every group has its nutjobs, and the Second Amendment crowd is no exception.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 20 Feb 2005
Posts: 1104
Location: Rep. of Ireland

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o'bogamol wrote:
Not to mention becoming an international tax haven...


Too bad being an international tax haven doesn't do shit for the little people.
_________________
juniper wrote:
you experience political reality dilation when travelling at american political speeds. it's in einstein's formulas. it's not their fault.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 240
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidanjt wrote:
o'bogamol wrote:
Not to mention becoming an international tax haven...


Too bad being an international tax haven doesn't do shit for the little people.

When you say the little people are you referring to the common person or Leprechauns? :wink:
_________________
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 17515

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidanjt wrote:
o'bogamol wrote:
Not to mention becoming an international tax haven...


Too bad being an international tax haven doesn't do shit for the little people.
Are the companies seeking the tax benefits paying zero taxes? I've read they do pay taxes, it is just low. Seems like collecting taxes they wouldn't otherwise have is beneficial to Ireland.
_________________
It is what it is out there. So whatever it is, it is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3343

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing inherently wrong with Islam. It is the Imams preaching hate that are the problem. Them and the idiots that follow them. London's mayor is a practising Muslim and he's not trying to do anything bad - just like the other 400 million of them
_________________
"Sex: breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 810
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokey wrote:
There is nothing inherently wrong with Islam.


Read the Quran & Hadiths.
_________________
Chemtrails don't actually exist.
The optical illusion of seeing white streaks crisscrossing a blue background in the presence of sunlight is a common hallucination that comes from drinking fluoridated water.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
o'bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Posts: 90
Location: Detroit, Michigan - The Home of Rock and Roll

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing inherently wrong with Christianity.
_________________
"History began on July 4,1776. Everything before that was a mistake." -Ron Swanson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sugar
Guru
Guru


Joined: 07 Aug 2004
Posts: 579
Location: Morrinsville, New Zealand

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
cokey wrote:
There is nothing inherently wrong with Islam.


Read the Quran & Hadiths.


and the Old Testament and the Torah.

If you read the lotr, you should probably at least read the hobbit, and have some knowledge of The Silmarillion to give LOTR context.

They're all canon.
_________________
He who calls for full employment calls for war!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1246
Location: Idaho, USA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are talking about Christianity, how is the Old Testament relevant?
_________________
Gun: Glock 19 Gen 4
Sights: XS DXT Big Dot
Holster: StealthGear VentCore IWB
Ammunition: Federal Premium HST 124gr
Light: Inforce APLc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 474
Location: The Maldives

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see something going amiss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 474
Location: The Maldives

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know why we talk about it. It's present to us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 810
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
If you are talking about Christianity, how is the Old Testament relevant?


He still doesn't understand the unique evil of Islam. It is the problem religion of the world.
_________________
Chemtrails don't actually exist.
The optical illusion of seeing white streaks crisscrossing a blue background in the presence of sunlight is a common hallucination that comes from drinking fluoridated water.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1606
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You people need to pick up a book and learn about the world you live in and how it got this way. The Muslims aren't some innocent fucking victims here. Those fucks invaded and stole about half the Judeo-Christian world, and while they're still in the process of completing their slow genocide in those countries (such as Syria, Turkey, Egypt, etc., where they have finally just about killed off or driven away all the Christians and the Greco-Roman culture that had been there for a thousand years), they have expanded threefold and violently throughout northern Africa, southern Europe, the middle East, and southern Asia. And, now they're setting up Madrassas, demanding Sharia law, and commiting terrorist acts by the thousands in your country. Meanwhile, the Orwellian PC Brigade dick-asses tell us we should feel guilty for resisting them, and that we're bad people (or even criminals) if we hurt their feelings. FUCK THAT SHIT says I. Read some goddamned history and decide for yourself, dumb-asses.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 240
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatcha mean "you people?"
_________________
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 17515

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:(
_________________
It is what it is out there. So whatever it is, it is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 20 Feb 2005
Posts: 1104
Location: Rep. of Ireland

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Are the companies seeking the tax benefits paying zero taxes? I've read they do pay taxes, it is just low. Seems like collecting taxes they wouldn't otherwise have is beneficial to Ireland.

Their contributions to the Revenue service is trivial, it wouldn't be much of a tax heaven if they had to pay any tax worth talking about. And because they tend to establish paper companies, their footprint on employment is equally trivial, so additional PAYE revenue is scant. As far as I can tell, their only appreciable function is to keep the banks flush with cash so the economy doesn't look like a total dumpster fire even while it's destroying or leaching wealth from the majority of citizens.
_________________
juniper wrote:
you experience political reality dilation when travelling at american political speeds. it's in einstein's formulas. it's not their fault.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum