Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
upgrades failing to emerge (oracle-jdk-bin,mono,nss,firefox)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on ARM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mDup
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:49 am    Post subject: upgrades failing to emerge (oracle-jdk-bin,mono,nss,firefox) Reply with quote

Quick check:

Following package upgrades fail to emerge for arm64 on my system (kvim2)

=dev-java/oracle-jdk-bin-9.0.4
=dev-lang/mono-5.4.1.6
=dev-libs/nss-3.35
=www-client/firefox-57.0.4

does this ring a bell for anyone else, if so: any hints?

[I can of course provide more details]

have a nice day
Sakaki
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nss and firefox certainly look familiar

The masks currently applied for the weekly gentoo-on-rpi3-64bit autobuild are visible (as part of the custom profile used on the image) at https://github.com/sakaki-/rpi3-overlay/tree/master/profiles/targets/rpi3/package.mask - anything I've had to block to get the image's packages building against the main Gentoo tree updates go in there each week, if that's of any use as a (partial) cross-reference.

sakaki
mDup
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sakaki wrote:
nss and firefox certainly look familiar

The masks currently applied for the weekly gentoo-on-rpi3-64bit autobuild are visible (as part of the custom profile used on the image) at https://github.com/sakaki-/rpi3-overlay/tree/master/profiles/targets/rpi3/package.mask - anything I've had to block to get the image's packages building against the main Gentoo tree updates go in there each week, if that's of any use as a (partial) cross-reference.

Thanks for pointing to the mask directory in your overlay. It is a good reference! FYI: I could build some of the packages you mask (e.g. rust).
Sakaki
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have rust masked only because there is a version with a custom ebuild in the repo (1.19.0-r1, thanks to NeddySeagoon) and that works OK. However if you have an ebuild for 1.23 you could share, that'd be great. This stuff needs to be upstreamed at some point, my bad ><

Are there any other notable packages I've masked that you can build OK (happy to remove the masks if so, some may be out of date)?

sakaki
mDup
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sakaki wrote:
I have rust masked only because there is a version with a custom ebuild in the repo (1.19.0-r1, thanks to NeddySeagoon) and that works OK. However if you have an ebuild for 1.23 you could share, that'd be great. This stuff needs to be upstreamed at some point, my bad ><
Are there any other notable packages I've masked that you can build OK (happy to remove the masks if so, some may be out of date)?

You are right. For rust one needs to hack the ebuild to add arm64/aarch64 support.
Basically I replace amd64 by arm64 and x86_64 by aarch64 in the rust ebuild. Same for cargo.
Of course such is not a solution to upstream (as I remove amd64/x86_64 support).

There are a few more simple ebuilds I hack. Sorry to not contribute to gentoo well. I might not have the authority to do so.

Here is a script and output of current deviation with your build.
Of course I may have other USE and arm64 use.mask flags so I add the emerge -pv output.

Code:
SASAKI_MASK=/usr/local/portage/rpi3/profiles/targets/rpi3/package.mask
for m in $(ls $SASAKI_MASK)
do
 echo ==== $m
 if equery l $m | grep -q $m
 then
  echo $m  IS installed
  grep $m $SASAKI_MASK/$m
  find ~/hacks -name "$m*.ebuild"
  emerge -pv $m | grep ebuild
 else
  echo $m NOT installed
 fi
 echo
done

Code:
==== bcmrpi3-kernel-bin
bcmrpi3-kernel-bin NOT installed

==== blueman
blueman NOT installed

==== bluez
bluez IS installed
~net-wireless/bluez-5.48
[ebuild   R    ] net-wireless/bluez-5.48-r1:0/3::gentoo  USE="alsa mesh obex readline udev -cups -debug -deprecated (-doc) -experimental -extra-tools (-selinux) -systemd {-test} -test-programs -user-session" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" 0 KiB

==== cargo
cargo IS installed
>=dev-util/cargo-0.21.0
/root/hacks/usr/portage/dev-util/cargo/cargo-0.24.0.ebuild
[ebuild   R    ] dev-util/cargo-0.24.0::gentoo  USE="-debug (-doc) (-libressl)" 0 KiB

==== cryptography
cryptography NOT installed

==== curl
curl IS installed
=net-misc/curl-7.55.1
[ebuild   R    ] net-misc/curl-7.58.0::gentoo  USE="ipv6 ssl threads -adns -brotli -http2 -idn (-kerberos) (-ldap) (-metalink) (-rtmp) -samba -ssh -static-libs {-test}" CURL_SSL="openssl (-axtls) -gnutls (-libressl) -mbedtls -nss (-winssl)" 0 KiB

==== eix
eix NOT installed

==== firefox
firefox IS installed
>=www-client/firefox-57.0
[ebuild     U  ] www-client/firefox-57.0.4::gentoo [56.0::gentoo] USE="dbus gmp-autoupdate hwaccel pulseaudio screenshot%* system-harfbuzz system-icu* system-jpeg system-libevent system-libvpx system-sqlite -bindist -custom-cflags -custom-optimization -debug -eme-free (-hardened) -jack -neon -nsplugin (-pgo) (-selinux) -startup-notification {-test} -wifi" L10N="-ach -af -an -ar -as -ast -az -bg -bn-BD -bn-IN -br -bs -ca -cak -cs -cy -da -de -dsb -el -en-GB -en-ZA -eo -es-AR -es-CL -es-ES -es-MX -et -eu -fa -ff -fi -fr -fy -ga -gd -gl -gn -gu -he -hi -hr -hsb -hu -hy -id -is -it -ja -ka -kab -kk -km -kn -ko -lij -lt -lv -mai -mk -ml -mr -ms -nb -nl -nn -or -pa -pl -pt-BR -pt-PT -rm -ro -ru -si -sk -sl -son -sq -sr -sv -ta -te -th -tr -uk -uz -vi -xh -zh-CN -zh-TW" 0 KiB

==== firejail
firejail NOT installed

==== gcj-jdk
gcj-jdk NOT installed

==== icedtea-bin
icedtea-bin NOT installed

==== m2crypto
m2crypto IS installed
>=dev-python/m2crypto-0.26.4
[ebuild   R    ] dev-python/m2crypto-0.27.0::gentoo  USE="(-libressl)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" 1,094 KiB

==== notification-daemon
notification-daemon IS installed
x11-misc/notification-daemon
[ebuild   R    ] virtual/notification-daemon-0::gentoo  USE="(-gnome) -kde" 0 KiB

==== notifyd
notifyd NOT installed

==== nss
nss IS installed
=dev-libs/nss-3.35
[ebuild     U  ] dev-libs/nss-3.35::gentoo [3.34.1::gentoo] USE="nss-pem -cacert -utils" 0 KiB

==== pyopenssl
pyopenssl NOT installed

==== rsync
rsync IS installed
=net-misc/rsync-3.1.2-r1
=net-misc/rsync-3.1.2-r2
[ebuild   R    ] net-misc/rsync-3.1.2-r2::gentoo  USE="acl iconv ipv6 xattr -examples -static -stunnel" 0 KiB

==== rust
rust IS installed
~virtual/rust-1.23.0
~dev-lang/rust-1.23.0
/root/hacks/usr/portage/dev-lang/rust/rust-1.23.0-r1.ebuild
[ebuild   R    ] dev-lang/rust-1.23.0-r1:stable/1.23::gentoo  USE="jemalloc -debug (-doc) -extended" 0 KiB

==== smplayer
smplayer IS installed
=media-video/smplayer-17.11.2
[ebuild   R    ] media-video/smplayer-18.2.0::gentoo  USE="-autoshutdown -bidi -debug -mpris" 0 KiB

==== thunderbird
thunderbird NOT installed

==== udev
udev IS installed
sys-fs/udev
[ebuild   R    ] sys-fs/udev-236::gentoo  USE="acl kmod (-selinux)" 0 KiB

==== wpa_supplicant
wpa_supplicant IS installed
>=net-wireless/wpa_supplicant-2.6-r4
[ebuild   R    ] net-wireless/wpa_supplicant-2.6-r4::gentoo  USE="dbus hs2-0 qt5 readline ssl -ap -eap-sim -eapol_test -fasteap -gnutls (-libressl) -p2p -privsep (-ps3) (-selinux) -smartcard -tdls -uncommon-eap-types (-wimax) -wps" 2,689 KiB

==== xfce4
xfce4 NOT installed

==== xfce4-session
xfce4-session NOT installed

Like you I have not been able to build firefox and nss.
Only rust and cargo needed to be hacked (as described).

Have a nice day.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on ARM All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: