Follow-ups to report thread
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Follow-ups to report thread Reply with quote

Split from the report thread, as keeping it as a thread of itself. --pilla

User: aboulharret
Topic: mass rebuild due to LINGUAS
Reason: looks like a spam prelude (with a post probably cut and pasted from somewhere else on the forum). Anyhow, totally disconnected to the thread, and a first post ... so.

Didn't turn into more obvious spam, so I've split it and Hu's reply off to the Dustbin and added a comment. No ban as the information at least appeared to be Gentoo related if off topic. Thanks, --pjp, 2018.01.31
ulm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: proteusx
Reason: Non-factual and insulting.
ulm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulm wrote:

And a followup in post 8171576, calling devs "totalitarian".
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asturm wrote:
Reason: continues with offtopic posts in a support thread

No, its "offtopic" if what I'm replying to, or your charge of, "offtopic", "eternal conflict", "false ground", etc, doesn't warrant reply, but ok, you want to be the one to define what that right of reply is, so, I'll take the ulm defence: we don't force you to use the forum if you don't like it ... sickening isn't it?
ulm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khayyam wrote:
asturm wrote:

No, its "offtopic" if what I'm replying to

Get your facts straight: The thread was derailed by this unprovoked attack on devs, and I was replying to this followup (which was off-topic as well).
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asturm wrote:

khayyam wrote:
No, its "offtopic" if what I'm replying to, or your charge of, "offtopic", "eternal conflict", "false ground", etc, doesn't warrant reply, but ok, you want to be the one to define what that right of reply is, so, I'll take the ulm defence: we don't force you to use the forum if you don't like it ... sickening isn't it?

ulm wrote:
Get your facts straight: The thread was derailed by this unprovoked attack on devs, and I was replying to this followup (which was off-topic as well).

So your argument is: you have a right of reply (to an "unprovoked attack", ot it's "followup"), and astrum has the right of reply (with his charge of "offtopic", "eternal conflict", "false ground", etc) but I do not. If you had used the report button rather than the "we don't force you" BS, then perhaps this could have been avoided, and I wouldn't have felt the need to respond, but as you didn't, I claim a right of reply. How's that for "getting the facts straight"?
desultory
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulm wrote:
It is a post by a user who is frustrated by another round of rebuilds, and who has probably forgotten the news item presaging them; it seems fair to let that slide, perhaps with a comment to the effect that the things being fixed have in fact been waiting for some time. Though as things seem to be going now, it will likely be part of the material split off from the topic, regardless.

ulm wrote:
And a followup in post 8171576, calling devs "totalitarian".
Again, this seems less a call for some manner of direct disciplinary action, and more a link to the relevant news item and a comment that the very lack of rush to implementation is why it was likely forgotten, perhaps even a friendly mention of the fact that you co-wrote that very news item.

asturm wrote:
User: khayyam
Unfortunately, that does does appear to need to be addressed, again.

khayyam wrote:
asturm wrote:

You know better than that, in the support forums whatever problem the original poster was seeking help with is the topic, full stop. If you want to go have rambling discursive discussions starting on how much you like nano and veering off to discuss your favorite flavor of lollipop, Off the Wall awaits, though even there it could well end up split off. Do kindly bear in mind, khayyam, that we are not forcing you to use the forum, and we are certainly not forcing anyone to put up with you either.

ulm wrote:
khayyam wrote:
asturm wrote:

No, its "offtopic" if what I'm replying to

khayyam wrote:
asturm wrote:

khayyam wrote:

ulm wrote:

So your argument is: you have a right of reply (to an "unprovoked attack", ot it's "followup"), and astrum has the right of reply (with his charge of "offtopic", "eternal conflict", "false ground", etc) but I do not. If you had used the report button rather than the "we don't force you" BS, then perhaps this could have been avoided, and I wouldn't have felt the need to respond, but as you didn't, I claim a right of reply. How's that for "getting the facts straight"?
Is "self serving" the answer that you were looking for? You took a mildly defensive response from developers as license to berate them, it is not. Developers are users too, in your zeal to pick fights with them (and that is very much the impression you give anymore) you seem to at best ignore that. You have had plenty of time to react like an adult (and it can happen, I have witnessed it before) and yet you steadfastly refuse, patience wears thin.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: