[solved] pulseaudio: setting up channel map for inputs
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fr3aker
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: [solved] pulseaudio: setting up channel map for inputs Reply with quote

I'm trying to set up pulseaudio to properly recognise my sound card's input channels (Terratec DMX 6fire, ice1712 chipset).

I am using the "via-ice1712.conf" posted here: https://sookocheff.com/post/linux/how-to-get-pulse-audio-to-recognize-your-delta-44-and-other-ice1712-cards/

However, using this config just creates one single input "device" with (apparently) 12 channels. When I start audacity and record all 12 channels I can see that channel 1-8 are silent, 9+10 are actually my current headphone output and 11+12 are the input channels I want.

How can I configure pulseaudio to only use channel 11+12 for my input device? I tried to modify the "channel-map" entry but that either caused pulse to not even list the card's input at all (when removing entries) or just had no (observable) effect at all (when re-ordering).

for reference, here is the input mapping definition:
Code:
[Mapping analog-mch-in]
description = Analog Multi-Channel Main Input
device-strings = hw:%f,0
channel-map = aux0,aux1,front-left,front-right,aux2,aux3,aux4,aux5,aux6,aux7,aux8,aux9
direction = input

Last edited by fr3aker on Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
fr3aker
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured it out. Seems like the channel order in audacity has not much relation to the configuration of pulseaudio. With the config above it turned out my mic was on aux2+aux3.

I did not modify the file itself but instead created a new virtual source:
Code:
load-module module-remap-source master=[device] master_channel_map=aux2,aux3 channel_map=front-left,front-right channels=2 source_name=analog_mic_stereo
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: