Virtual Bullying Network
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drysh
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Virtual Bullying Network Reply with quote

It has been a long time since I last came here, but people here usually knows what to do regarding computers or the net, maybe I can find someone here who could help me.

I friend of mine was a victim of virtual bullying. She is a bit fat (really, only a bit overweight), and someone posted on his site saying bad things about her, giving her address, name, etc, and saying she is HIV+ (not true). Nothing new so far.

We have a friend in the federal policy (from Brazil, we are Brazilians) and she contacted the virtual crime division. Then we found out they are looking for these guys since 2012, and that they do the same thing to children (they post saying adolescent girls (16 and less) are prostitutes, again giving personal data and with pictures). The police doesn't know what to do, the investigator told us they are too good. Then I decided to try to find something I could do to help.

The site, riodenojeira [dot] com is hosted by CloudFlare, San Fracisco, ip 104.27.150.88 and 104.27.151.88 (a proxy to the real server if I understand how cloudflare works), the domain is registered by Ricardo Wagner Arouxa, from Rio de Janeiro. Probably he is just someone who registered the site and not the real owner.

So.. What could I do? Do you know someone who I could contact for help? Is there any gray hat avenger out there? I used to be a programmer, but lately I became a mathematician and I never worked with security. I don't want to close the site or anything like that. I want to know who is behind it.

Please, help.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always hire a hacker.

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
Drysh
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it for real? Are they good?

It doesn't look real. Would real security hackers advertise like that? I don't trust it. Looks too much like a scam.

Last edited by Drysh on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could try /b/
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
you could try /b/

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kindness Evokes Kindness

pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Virtual Bullying Network Reply with quote

Drysh wrote:
the domain is registered by Ricardo Wagner Arouxa, from Rio de Janeiro. Probably he is just someone who registered the site and not the real owner.

So.. What could I do? Do you know someone who I could contact for help? Is there any gray hat avenger out there? I used to be a programmer, but lately I became a mathematician and I never worked with security. I don't want to close the site or anything like that. I want to know who is behind it.

Please, help.
You could try hiring an investigator, but that's probably going to be expensive. You could take inspiration from this fellow. And lastly, I recently heard or read a story about a woman who just had to accept there being false information about her on the internet. In the end, she simply had to address that content when it mattered (interviews, etc.).
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the CloudFlare Terms of Service

Quote:
SECTION 11: INVESTIGATION
Cloudflare reserves the right to investigate you, your business, and/or your owners, officers, directors, managers, and other principals, your sites, and the materials comprising the sites at any time. These investigations will be conducted solely for Cloudflare’s benefit, and not for your benefit or that of any third party. If the investigation reveals any information, act, or omission, which in Cloudflare’s sole opinion, constitutes a violation of any local, state, federal, or foreign law or regulation, this Agreement, or is otherwise deemed harm the Service, Cloudflare may immediately shut down your access to the Service. You agree to waive any cause of action or claim you may have against Cloudflare for such action, including but not limited to any disruption to your website. You acknowledge that Cloudflare may, at its own discretion, reveal the information about your web server to alleged copyright holders or other complaintants who have filed complaints with us.

I would report the issue to CloudFlare. Ask them for assistance.

pjp wrote:
The greater evil is voting for the "lesser evil."
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cloudflare is notoriously difficult to deal with. Anonymous was quite upset because of the numerous ISIS pages they were hosting, and the nature of how they host makes it difficult to take down.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3338580/Anonymous-accuses-Silicon-Valley-firm-helping-ISIS-protecting-websites-cyber-attacks.html

Kindness Evokes Kindness

pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised Anon didn't go after Cloudflare.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell her to get off the internet for a year. And give her a good stiff linguica between the ham hocks to make her feel better.
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
Cloudflare is notoriously difficult to deal with. Anonymous was quite upset because of the numerous ISIS pages they were hosting, and the nature of how they host makes it difficult to take down.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3338580/Anonymous-accuses-Silicon-Valley-firm-helping-ISIS-protecting-websites-cyber-attacks.html

Gotcha. I hadn't heard that news. Sorry to waste everyone's time!

pjp wrote:
The greater evil is voting for the "lesser evil."
gengreen
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion would be that she ignore this shit, if she get affected they win and they will probably do more. Don't advertise this by asking what we can do against it, just drop it.

Silience is the answer for the dumb people.
Drysh
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not worried about my friend. She is a grown woman and already let her family and friends know about the matter. I'm worried because the guy has posts like:

- About the inferiority of the BLACK race.
- Why pedophilia should be legalized.

And he posts those things signing as someone else to make others look bad. And share on Facebook.

He posts fake news accusing people of rape with their photos. He posts photos of children, saying their father are corrupt and asking people to hurt them (sometimes their father really is corrupt, but that doesn't give him the right to threaten their children).

And them I talked with this guy from the PF (our "FBI", just not as good) and they say they are after this guy since 2012, but he is just too good. That they closed his site and he re-opened it somewhere else (I was facepalming that he thought he would keep his site closed). The police doesn't have a chance to find this guy, maybe some hacktivist could.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BonezTheGoon wrote:
Muso wrote:

Gotcha. I hadn't heard that news. Sorry to waste everyone's time!

Well, for any other host it's sound advice. CloudFlare's just weird.

Kindness Evokes Kindness

gengreen
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drysh wrote:
I'm not worried about my friend. She is a grown woman and already let her family and friends know about the matter. I'm worried because the guy has posts like:

And he posts those things signing as someone else to make others look bad. And share on Facebook.

He posts fake news accusing people of rape with their photos. He posts photos of children, saying their father are corrupt and asking people to hurt them (sometimes their father really is corrupt, but that doesn't give him the right to threaten their children).

And them I talked with this guy from the PF (our "FBI", just not as good) and they say they are after this guy since 2012, but he is just too good. That they closed his site and he re-opened it somewhere else (I was facepalming that he thought he would keep his site closed). The police doesn't have a chance to find this guy, maybe some hacktivist could.

Only mindless people with nothing better in their life will get any interest reading such garbage. Facebook is a giant trash, dangerous in many way. If you are worried that your friend can get legal trouble about the junk post and sign on her name on facecraps, I can assure you there is no danger on this side.

Maybe your friend can just get away from all those social network ? I never registered the single account on those privacy invader (facebook / twitter and co) and I don't see what reason I would do it.

The best thing to do is to ignore and get away from it, she don't even have to read what thing are said on her or family , it will just hurt her, for nothing. Let the guy spend his time saying whatever he want, it doesn't proof anything anyway... Don't enter on their game and let them spray their hate, it is all what they have

Quote:
CloudFlare's just weird.

Cloudflare is the best tools for the NSA for massively catch information , I'm curious on how many % on all the majors website use it, a giant proxy that grab all the information about the vistor, making him swallow their cookie that can track any other website that he will visit using cloudflare (a lot of them...). It become the solution of the poor skilled sysadmin that can't handle a script (or bot) flooding their web application or want to get ride of the tor users. When I website use cloudflare, I run away. period.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drysh wrote:

Probably Russian Hackers. That's what happened to Hillary. No fair when they do it.
gengreen
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
Probably Russian Hackers. That's what happened to Hillary. No fair when they do it.

Probably the most dumb comment I read this week
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Virtual Bullying Network Reply with quote

Drysh wrote:
The site, riodenojeira [dot] com is hosted by CloudFlare, San Fracisco, ip 104.27.150.88 and 104.27.151.88 (a proxy to the real server if I understand how cloudflare works), the domain is registered by Ricardo Wagner Arouxa, from Rio de Janeiro. Probably he is just someone who registered the site and not the real owner.

You have someone to target, then. Go after the domain owner, via the domain registrar. Depriving assholes of a platform is a highly effective tactic.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: