View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have a helpful solution for all future threads and posts on climate change...

They should begin:

DON'T
PANIC

The melting Antarctic ice stream that is currently adding most to sea-level rise may be more resilient to change than previously recognised.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't it not too long ago that Germany and / or Greenistanis were boasting about Germany's renewable energy report card?

Germany to Cut Green Forest for Brown Coal
Quote:
BERLIN (AP) — A court in western Germany says an ancient forest near the Belgian border can be chopped down to make way for a coal strip mine.
Cologne's administrative court ruled Friday against a legal complaint brought by the environmental group BUND that wanted to halt the clearance of much of the Hambach forest.
Hambach forest has become a focus of environmental protests against the expansion of a vast mine that supplies much of the coal used in nearby power plants.
The coal, a light brown variety called lignite, is considered one of the most polluting forms of fossil fuel.

Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a thought, are these scientists all wearing white lab coats ? Do they have attractive bespectacled female assistants ?

If 1950's cinema has taught me anything, it's that dire end of the world warnings only happen if the above two criteria are met.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEbsKs6IiUc
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

World's First Electric Cargo Ship Will Be Used to Haul Coal
Quote:
The ship is short-haul: It can travel about 50 miles with its 1,000 lithium batteries after two-hour charge, which is the loading and unloading time for the ship, state news site ChinaNews.com reports.2 So, it can be charged while it is docking.
Sadly, the Chinese spoiled the launch of this otherwise green cargo ship by using it to transport coal for electricity generation on the Pearl River in Guangdong Province.

I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there. Lord, I apologize, and be with the starvin' Pygmies in New Guinea. Amen. -- Daniel Whitney
tylerwylie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
Quote:
15,000 SCIENTISTS URGE ACTION BEFORE 'VAST HUMAN MISERY' TAKES OVER

Too late, Justice League is in cinemas now.
win
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Global Warming Causing Record Cold Reply with quote

The True Believers are trying to explain how global warming is causing record cold, just as they tried explaining a lack of hurricanes as well as increased hurricanes a sign of global warming. The best quote I've seen is this: "Global temperature becomes an unreliable diagnostic of planetary condition"

:lol:

Temperature is now an unreliable form of data to determine if the planet is warming! :lol:

It just keeps getting better
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump tweeted about this. We have the Troll in Chief!

Democrats haven't been this mad since we took their slaves away!
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Global Warming Causing Record Cold Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
The True Believers are trying to explain how global warming is causing record cold, just as they tried explaining a lack of hurricanes as well as increased hurricanes a sign of global warming
I don't know about the hurricane issue, but temperature extremes don't seem to be an unreasonable theory. I haven't read it debunked.

Merged thread.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cause of all GLOBAL WARMING found : Pennsylvania woman gets $284 billion electric bill

Kindness Evokes Kindness

aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Wasn't it not too long ago that Germany and / or Greenistanis were boasting about Germany's renewable energy report card?

They were, but then they realised that shutting down all their nuclear base load was idiotic and requires importing a shitload of power when the wind doesn't blow, or Sun doesn't shine. So now they're rushing back to coal to make up for their incompetent energy policy.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zixnub wrote:
So the plot thickens. 15000 scientists from 184 countries were bribed and/or pressured to make these false declarations. There must be some powerful forces at play here to benefit from this.

Don't worry, they only want to help and are working for the common good. It is necessary to lie to the public, because they're too stupid to know that science is all about believing The Truth without proof.

Scientists are working on a solution. The global food supply is being genetically altered to cause all humans offspring to be midgets. Problem solved! Except for eagles carrying people off, we're still working on that.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
The cause of all GLOBAL WARMING found : Pennsylvania woman gets $284 billion electric bill
That's giving Al Gore a run.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/GlobalWarming/story?id=2906888

pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Another new threat has been created, and again we find it listed as a potential remedy to cure the world of the war infection: humanity itself. Not only is there AIDS, bird flu and other killer diseases that make their way in and out of the news, there is also our onslaughts on natural resources, abuse of oil, the threat of sea level and weather changes, etc. Largely, pollution and the environment have been used by governments as an excuse to raise extra taxes, to fill unforeseen gaps in the government’s budgets. Intriguingly, those governments that need extra money most, are the first to embrace the “Green Agenda”. So even though the Report was right in the sense that pollution and the environment could drive the economy, so far, governments have only used it as a supportive economic and social measure – and it seems clear that at the moment, it may miss its global potential, if only because many governments are already redefining the need and use of nuclear energy as an economic requirement – whether it is desirable or not.
Report from Iron Mountain
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 2017 there were 485 scientific papers published that were skeptical of anthropogenic global warming.

Src

richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
In 2017 there were 485 scientific papers published that were skeptical of anthropogenic global warming.

Src

I'm confused. I thought that scientists were all just partisan hacks that defend the global warming party line to keep the big buckets of money rolling in. How did these articles get published?
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not heard anyone in OTW make that claim.

Settled Science types ignore differing opinion, which is not how actual science works.

To paraphrase:
SS: If we alter this data, the results match our expectations.

DO: You can't do that and claim it is irrefutable.

SS: Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Old School wrote:

Src

I thought that scientists were all just partisan hacks that defend the global warming party line to keep the big buckets of money rolling in.
They are not all partisan hacks. Just the ones I disagree with. :wink:

richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Old School wrote:

Src

I thought that scientists were all just partisan hacks that defend the global warming party line to keep the big buckets of money rolling in.
They are not all partisan hacks. Just the ones I disagree with. :wink:

:D
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Global Warming Causing Record Cold Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Old School wrote:
The True Believers are trying to explain how global warming is causing record cold, just as they tried explaining a lack of hurricanes as well as increased hurricanes a sign of global warming
I don't know about the hurricane issue, but temperature extremes don't seem to be an unreasonable theory. I haven't read it debunked.

Merged thread.

According to Vencore Weather, Doc Ryan N. Maue and supposedly NOAA it has been a down turn in tornadoes and hurricanes this past year.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Global Warming Causing Record Cold Reply with quote

patrix_neo wrote:
pjp wrote:
Old School wrote:

Merged thread.

According to Vencore Weather, Doc Ryan N. Maue and supposedly NOAA it has been a down turn in tornadoes and hurricanes this past year.

So pretty much every prediction by the ManBearPig cultists have been wrong. What a shock.

Kindness Evokes Kindness

zixnub
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/01/noaa-weather-events-made-2017-a-year-of-extremes/
Quote:
US' third-warmest year on record came with floods, fire, drought, and hurricanes.

patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Global Warming Causing Record Cold Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
patrix_neo wrote:
pjp wrote:
Old School wrote:

Merged thread.

So pretty much every prediction by the ManBearPig cultists have been wrong. What a shock.

Well, as I have heard it, there has been a 222% increase in the NH though and quite harsh ones too. But globally it has been less than usual (below normal).
So...

Regarding NOAA: North American Atlantic coasts 2017
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dooooomm!

Doooooooooommmm!

Quote:
In fact, there's more carbon in the permafrost, Douglas says, than all the carbon humans have spewed into the atmosphere since the Industrial Revolution — first with steam trains, then with coal plants, cars and planes.

[...]

Scientists don't know yet how much carbon will get released from thawing permafrost or how fast it will happen. Some of the carbon — maybe a big percentage of it — will get washed into the ocean by erosion. Some of the carbon will also get sucked back into the ground by new trees and plants popping up across the warming tundra.

But once carbon begins to percolate up through the thawing soil, it could form a feedback loop "over which we would have zero control," Miller says. The gas, coming from the ground, warms the Earth, which in turn causes more gas to be released and more warming to occur.

Thawing permafrost is a big wild card of climate change.

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: