View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hubot
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Install GNOME on Gentoo Reply with quote

I want to choose more convenient desktop environment than i3. I'm trying install GNOME from overlay dantell-gnome-3-24. I use OpenRC init system. However, when I try emerge GNOME I'm receiving error:

Code:

tux ~ # emerge --ask --verbose --keep-going gnome-base/gnome

* IMPORTANT: 16 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
 * Use eselect news read to view new items.

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!

emerge: there are no ebuilds built with USE flags to satisfy "net-misc/curl[ssl,curl_ssl_nss]".
!!! One of the following packages is required to complete your request:
- net-misc/curl-7.57.0::gentoo (Change USE: +curl_ssl_nss, this change violates use flag constraints defined by net-misc/curl-7.57.0: 'curl_ssl_winssl? ( elibc_Winnt ) threads? ( !adns ) ssl? ( exactly-one-of ( curl_ssl_axtls curl_ssl_gnutls curl_ssl_libressl curl_ssl_mbedtls curl_ssl_nss curl_ssl_openssl curl_ssl_winssl ) )')
(dependency required by "net-libs/liboauth-1.0.3::gentoo[nss,curl]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-libs/libgdata-0.17.9-r1::dantrell-gnome" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "gnome-extra/california-0.4.0-r1::dantrell-gnome" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "gnome-base/gnome-extra-apps-3.24.0::dantrell-gnome-3-24[california]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "gnome-base/gnome-3.24.0::dantrell-gnome-3-24[extras]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "gnome-base/gnometux ~ # emerge --ask --verbose --keep-going gnome-base/gnome

* IMPORTANT: 16 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
 * Use eselect news read to view new items.

emerge: there are no ebuilds built with USE flags to satisfy "net-misc/curl[ssl,curl_ssl_nss]".
!!! One of the following packages is required to complete your request:
- net-misc/curl-7.57.0::gentoo (Change USE: +curl_ssl_nss, this change violates use flag constraints defined by net-misc/curl-7.57.0: 'curl_ssl_winssl? ( elibc_Winnt ) threads? ( !adns ) ssl? ( exactly-one-of ( curl_ssl_axtls curl_ssl_gnutls curl_ssl_libressl curl_ssl_mbedtls curl_ssl_nss curl_ssl_openssl curl_ssl_winssl ) )')
(dependency required by "net-libs/liboauth-1.0.3::gentoo[nss,curl]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-libs/libgdata-0.17.9-r1::dantrell-gnome" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "gnome-extra/california-0.4.0-r1::dantrell-gnome" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "gnome-base/gnome-extra-apps-3.24.0::dantrell-gnome-3-24[california]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "gnome-base/gnome-3.24.0::dantrell-gnome-3-24[extras]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "gnome-base/gnome" [argument])
" [argument])

Can anyone help me?
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove curl use flag to net-libs/liboauth or change CURL_SSL use expand to net-misc/curl from openssl to nss
hubot
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I resolved it but I've got now following error:

Code:
!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

dev-scheme/guile:12

(dev-scheme/guile-1.8.8-r3:12/12::dantrell-gnome, installed) pulled in by
    >=dev-scheme/guile-1.6.4-r1[deprecated,discouraged] required by (www-client/elinks-0.12_pre6-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed)
                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                         
    <dev-scheme/guile-2.1.0 required by (games-board/aisleriot-3.22.4:0/0::dantrell-gnome, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    ^                 ^^^^^                                                                                                                                                 

(dev-scheme/guile-2.2.3:12/12::dantrell-gnome, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    >=dev-scheme/guile-2.0.0[deprecated,regex] required by (games-board/aisleriot-3.22.4:0/0::dantrell-gnome, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    ^^                 ^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                   

It may be possible to solve this problem by using package.mask to
prevent one of those packages from being selected. However, it is also
possible that conflicting dependencies exist such that they are
impossible to satisfy simultaneously.  If such a conflict exists in
the dependencies of two different packages, then those packages can
not be installed simultaneously. You may want to try a larger value of
the --backtrack option, such as --backtrack=30, in order to see if
that will solve this conflict automatically.

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man
page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

!!! The following installed packages are masked:
- dev-lang/vala-0.34.8::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
For more information, see the MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

Can you help me?
superjaded
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you need www-client/elinks installed? My hunch would be to remove that and try again.

You may also see if there's a way to emerge gnome without the games (unless you particularly want 'em ;)).

I don't know anything about the overlay version, but the gentoo version of gnome-base/gnome-extra-apps has a games USE flag that is enabled by default. You can install gnome-extra-apps with -games to skip installing the games at all.
hubot
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superjaded wrote:

Do you need www-client/elinks installed?

Yes, I do.
supejaded wrote:

You may also see if there's a way to emerge gnome without the games (unless you particularly want 'em ;)).

I never play games ;).

How can I get rid of this message:
Code:

!!! The following installed packages are masked:
- dev-lang/vala-0.34.8::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
For more information, see the MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

?
superjaded
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have that package in /etc/portage/package.mask by chance?
Hu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You eliminate that message by removing the masked package or by unmasking it. The choice of which of those two approaches depends on why it is masked, why you have it, and whether you need it. What is the output of emerge --pretend --verbose dev-lang/vala ; emerge --pretend --verbose --depclean dev-lang/vala?
hubot
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got error while compiling GNOME 3.24 on Gentoo:

Code:
/bin/sh ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=link x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -Wall -Wextra -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wsign-compare -Wnested-externs -Wpointer-arith -Wformat-security -Winit-self -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-unused-parameter -march=native -O2 -pipe  -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed -o mission-control-5 mc-server.o -lgmodule-2.0 -pthread -lgio-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lgio-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -ltelepathy-glib -ldbus-glib-1 -ldbus-1 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0 ../src/libmcd-convenience.la ../mission-control-plugins/libmission-control-plugins.la
libtool: link: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -Wall -Wextra -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wsign-compare -Wnested-externs -Wpointer-arith -Wformat-security -Winit-self -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-unused-parameter -march=native -O2 -pipe -Wl,-O1 -o .libs/mission-control-5 mc-server.o -pthread  -Wl,--as-needed ../src/.libs/libmcd-convenience.a /var/tmp/portage/net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3-r1/work/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3/mission-control-plugins/.libs/libmission-control-plugins.so -lupower-glib ../mission-control-plugins/.libs/libmission-control-plugins.so -ltelepathy-glib -ldbus-glib-1 -ldbus-1 -lgmodule-2.0 -lgio-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -pthread
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/6.4.0/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lupower-glib
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [Makefile:504: mission-control-5] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/portage/net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3-r1/work/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3/server'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:545: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/portage/net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3-r1/work/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3'
make: *** [Makefile:451: all] Error 2
 * ERROR: net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3-r1::dantrell-gnome failed (compile phase):
 *   emake failed
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3-r1::dantrell-gnome'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3-r1::dantrell-gnome'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3-r1/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3-r1/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3-r1/work/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3-r1/work/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3'

>>> Failed to emerge net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3-r1, Log file:

>>>  '/var/tmp/portage/net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3-r1/temp/build.log'
*** Resuming merge...

* Messages for package net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3-r1:

* ERROR: net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3-r1::dantrell-gnome failed (compile phase):
 *   emake failed
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3-r1::dantrell-gnome'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3-r1::dantrell-gnome'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3-r1/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3-r1/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3-r1/work/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3-r1/work/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3'
 * One or more packages are either masked or have missing dependencies:
 *   net-im/telepathy-mission-control pulled in by:
 *     (net-libs/telepathy-glib-0.24.1:0/0::dantrell-gnome, installed)
 * The resume list contains packages that are either masked or have
 * unsatisfied dependencies. Please restart/continue the operation
 * manually, or use --skipfirst to skip the first package in the list and
 * any other packages that may be masked or have missing dependencies.
 * The following package has failed to build, install, or execute postinst:
 *  (net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3-r1:0/0::dantrell-gnome, ebuild scheduled for merge), Log file:
 *   '/var/tmp/portage/net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3-r1/temp/build.log'

Build log: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/...F5v3n3XCHcaOq/
The result of emerge --info '=net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3-r1::dantrell-gnome': https://paste.pound-python.org/show/...Gcmtq9KwNlx16/
The result of emerge -pqv '=net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3-r1::dantrell-gnome': https://paste.pound-python.org/show/...hYlERUUTerLZk/

Can anyone help me?
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see pastebin 'Sorry, but the page you requested was not found on this server.'.
Anyway for dantrell-gnome packages issue you should post in related thread GNOME Without Systemd, dantrell is always ready to answer.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: