X log mesgs appearing in any nano session & in other places
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baillis_The_Cremey
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: X log mesgs appearing in any nano session & in other pla Reply with quote

EDIT: After finally finding a way to get google to lead me to relevant results on this, I saw someone who had built pam with the debug USE flag. I checked my make.conf file and sure enough, there's debug. Rebuilding my @world set with the debug flag disabled fixed the problem. I do think that it's quite strange that enabling a USE flag should cause nano to stop being useable, however

Really weird stuff's going on. I first noticed it after updating @world and opening up a file with nano. The file was completely unreadable due to what appear to be log mesgs for xfce or X filling the screen. Examples of these mesgs are "Calling onekey with keystr 'M-\' and desc 'First Line'" and "Checking menu items....found one! f->menus = 1, desc = 'To bracket'". These mesgs fill the screen at offsets from eachother jumping down a line but starting in the x-position the preceding mesg ended at and wrapping around the screen. When I type, more mesgs fill the screen in the spaces between the already existing mesgs. 100s of lines of mesgs of a different type also scroll by whenever I change users or log on through the terminal initially.

The messages may be showing other places, but I haven't noticed them yet, other than 5 files named nfa_regexp_run.log, nfa_regexp_dump.log, nfa_regexp_debug.log, bt_regexp_debug.log, and bt_regexp_log.log appearing on my desktop. Although vim seems to have trouble opening them, less shows they are filled with messages like "Compiling regexp '^.\+\.dpkg-bak$' ... hold on !" seperated by lines of asterisks or huge lines of function definitions.

I cannot copy any of the messages appearing in nano but they all seem to match the two examples I gave very closely.

The mesgs appearing when switching users look something like this "[/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/pam-1.2.1/work/Linux-PAM-1.2.1/libpam/pam_item.c:pam_set_item(31)] called", with everything after Linux-PAM-1.2.1 varying. These messages scroll beyond the buffer the terminal saves.

Last edited by Baillis_The_Cremey on Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Hu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only need to rebuild packages which respect USE=debug. Packages which ignore that flag should not be changed by this rebuild and can be skipped for now.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: