nfs-ganesha - ebuild anyone?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dufeu
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: nfs-ganesha - ebuild anyone? Reply with quote

It's been suggested to me that I consider replacing my current nfs server kernel based software with nfs-ganesha.

This suggestion was made to me during some discussions I was having regarding possible glitchy interactions between btrfs arrays on my NAS and nfs access on my workstation.

There especially seem to be possible problems when either my NAS server or PC workstation goes down unexpectedly. Or if I'm not careful about re-booting one or the other.

At this time, in order to reboot my NAS server, I log off all users on my workstation. I unmount my btrfs based NAS shares from all client PCs. On the server, I unmount any nfs based shares that may be open on other PCs.

Once these are down, then I can reboot or shutdown my NAS server as needed.

It all seems a bit speculative, but if I'm not careful to be sure that all nfs shares which point to a btrfs based array in either direction are unmounted prior to reboot or shutdown, my btrfs file systems seem at risk for 'freezing' during the shutdown process. When that happens, I sometimes get corruption.

The bottom line is I'd like to try out nfs-ganesha for awhile. There's no ebuild in portage so I'm looking for a possible working developer's ebuilld if anyone has one. I'm currently running developer's trunk based ebuilds for all my graphics cards, ffmpeg, libass and mpv so I'm fairly comfortable doing this even though I'm not a developer.

I have read through all the documentation on building nfs-ganesha but there are advantages to a working ebuild if someone has one.
sebB
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an ebuild in the last-hope overlay.

https://gpo.zugaina.org/net-fs/nfs-ganesha
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: